Minecraft Screen Recording Software

KreatorB

Hello All,

I am so new to this I am trying to take it al;l in and well it is not working.

Was wondering, has anyone had sucess with using Screen/Capture software for minecraft on windows 8.1???

I havve tried all of them and the only one that worked barly was Microsoft Expression Encoder and it was laggy and chopped out most of the frames.

Following did not work as I could not see minecraft but they recorded audio.

Fraps, Debut, OBS, and several others.

Any clues and ideas?

thanks

K

Your computer is probably to weak

OBS and Dxtory are good choices

I would  have to say a i7 4ghz intel machine with a nvidia 4 gb vcard running 24gb ram is not to weak. But I hear what you are saying.

Thanks for the feedback. But I am wondering if the issues are due to the 64bit system and most stuff is 32 inherant...!

Many game recorders for Windows probably use DirectX to get video, which won't work for Minecraft because it uses OpenGL instead of DirectX. You can try http://sourceforge.net/projects/taksi/ on Windows.

I tried it but it will not get started.... I get the hook lghts and indicators. but the record buttons never allow for recording they remain greyed out....

Thank you

I would  have to say a i7 4ghz intel machine with a nvidia 4 gb vcard running 24gb ram is not to weak. But I hear what you are saying.

Thanks for the feedback. But I am wondering if the issues are due to the 64bit system and most stuff is 32 inherant...!

All you did is tell me a bunch of useless specs

GHz is not a direct indicator of performance, neither is brand or RAM

Model Numbers count and you forgot to mention storage which is qutie important for recording

All you did is tell me a bunch of useless specs

GHz is not a direct indicator of performance, neither is brand or RAM

Model Numbers count and you forgot to mention storage which is qutie important for recording

you are right so I will point it out better, I have Intel Core i7-4790 cpu 4GHz 12mb cache with 2TB of Hard disk, 4GB 745 NVida, windows 8.1 on a b4bit operating system. the machine was just built 3weeks ago. I get up to 500FPS in the MC 1.7.4 and in 1.6.4 with B-Team 225 to 300. I know this may not help. But I do not see how recording 30fps at 1080 would kill the machine or infact stop the software from recording anything. In fact most of the software just does not render anything but sound. Can this issues be caused becAUSE I am plugged via the hdmi cable?

I also was wondering, is it possible that turning off the openGL option in the game would help to get software to record?

Anyway if anyone can help with a software that works great thanks.

Edited by KreatorB

That lag will almost certainly be due to that HDD, not much you can do besides record to another device or tone down the bitrate/resolution.

Although whoever did that part's list requires a kick in the teeth

Thanks, I guess I need a kick in the teeth for my first Pc.... I will record the screen recording to an external 320 gig hard drive to stop the loss of frame rate.

I got a Screen record software to work perfect. It is from NVidia and it is a Beta called Shadowplay.... Works really nice and I updated and it records Minecraft now... ;-)

As I have tested and will be recording the videos to a external drive to help with the loss of frame rates. Thank you all...

• 1 month later...