Is it possible to install Mo Creatures mod to tekkit server?

Hey guys I'm really new to technic and modding in general so bare with me if this is a dumb question. I just made my very first tekkit server (super exciting) and I noticed that the mo creatures mod is part of the technic pack but not part of the tekkit pack. I really like the mo creatures mod so I have a few questions.

Is there anyway to install this mod on to my server?

If so does the client side also need to be modded?

And will I need to create a new world or can i just apply the changes to my existing world?

Thanks fellow crafters!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm also interested in installing Mo Creatures on my tekkit server. It seems that there has been some updates to the SMP version since the last post in this thread, it is now 3.6.2. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v362-with-ostriches-fishbowls-and-smp-support/

I have placed the custom mob spawner and Mo creatures zip files in the mod directory of my server folder. I have also installed the GUI API mod into the tekkit server jar file. Since Tekkit comes with Forge and Modloader, I should have all the required mods for Mo Creatures to work. However, I am having difficulty getting the server to load the mods. They are having no effect on gameplay whatsoever, and on the tekkit launcher "mod select" menu there is no mention of Mo Creatures or Custom Mob Spawner. Can someone clue me in on what I'm missing, here?

Short answer: Not until it's ported to Bukkit

Last time I looked, Mo Creatures had a buggy SMP, but not Bukkit support. You'll need to wait for / request someone to port it to Bukkit before it will work with Tekkit.

Even then you'll probably have to wait until the next Tekkit release, unless someone is willing to also port it to the older Minecraft / Bukkit versions that tekkit is using.

If you're not afraid of some effort, you could instead manually mod a vanilla 1.2.5 server with pretty much all of the Tekkit mods. You could even add in others, like Mystcraft, if you like. You also have to mod your own client. Not exactly easy, but satisfying, and you get your server exactly how you want it.

Guest Ysharma

Only problem is getting your friends to mod their clients correctly in order to work with your server.

What I've done for moderators on my server is I posted on a part of my forums how to install additional mods I like my moderators to have, e.g. Worldedit CUI. Its useful to have in-depth instructions with pictures. I provide instructions for windows and mac. Worst come worst you have to give Skype support.

• 2 weeks later...

Care to share sir...i just tried installing on server and server died..

http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=2535.0

the only way I made it work for myself is putting that bukkit port into the tekkit jar for the server aka when you open it w/ winrar you'll see a folder called net.

we where having trouble logging in though, it would take 3 to 4 times and then we would get kicked at random times. I'm not sure if it's because of the bugs or some memory issue

http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=2535.0

the only way I made it work for myself is putting that bukkit port into the tekkit jar for the server aka when you open it w/ winrar you'll see a folder called net.

we where having trouble logging in though, it would take 3 to 4 times and then we would get kicked at random times. I'm not sure if it's because of the bugs or some memory issue

thanks for reply but i get this error and server fails to start

http://pastebin.com/FmZQ8YwK

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/mod_mocreatures (wrong name: mod_mocreatures)

any suggestions??

thanks again

The server is easy, You just need the Bukkit port of MoC 3.62 and plop it into the servers mod folder. Getting the client right is another matter. You have to install the CustomGUI into the modpack.jar and put the client Moc 3.62 AND CustomMobspawner into the client mod folder.

Actually, there are tons of items that MoC adds, so there might be conflicts.

And entity conflicts as well. I once installed Planes and MoC on the same server, and the litter boxes came out as bomber planes. >.>

The server is easy, You just need the Bukkit port of MoC 3.62 and plop it into the servers mod folder. Getting the client right is another matter. You have to install the CustomGUI into the modpack.jar and put the client Moc 3.62 AND CustomMobspawner into the client mod folder.

Thank you sir...

did as said and it does work...brill thankyou..

only prob i have now is when clicking on mo creature's options with in the client,it crashed the client...i can live with that @ the moment..

thank you again..

Didlyi do you have connection problems at all on your server?

No Not at all....we have random game crash though...Played for about 5 hours last night and client crashed about 3 times..Server is fine..fingers crossed it stays like this lol...Great xp boost.lol...think its put about 30mb extra load on server..love it..thanks again guys..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi its me again...few things happened since last time i was here..

every time i go and try to get into the spawn part of mo creature's,tekkit would crash on me,so i dont use it at all..easy way out.lol..

but other problem is for he life of me,i have never seen a orge yet???

is there something i am missing or doing wrong??

Its a great way to get xp though.hehe

Thankyou ..I now got not only ogre's but werewolf's and ghosts..haha..thank you..just gotta work out how to stop them greifing lol....thanks again

It is possible to open another modpack (YogBox f.ex.) that uses Mo' Creatures, copy out the config file for it, edit it to suit, and place it in the Tekkit server folder. That seemed to work for me. You do have to create a new directory for the config file so it matches the client side, but...as long as it works.