Moving a spawner across Dimensions

BrowserXL

Hi everybody,

I am currently refining my mob grinder, and after having added witches and skeletons to the carnage I want to have a blazespawner as well (like generikb has in his setup), to have a constant supply of blazerods.

Generik went to the nether and used a portaspawner to move it over. That little item is quite handy but its single use and a pain to create. I have a pair of block teleporters which I would prefer to use, but can they move a spawner across dimensions?

Or is there a better way to move the block I have yet to think of? (and please don't tell me that I could simply use a silktouch pick ... that would embarrasing)

Well in Vanilla it always broke no matter what tool you used. So I guess it will be the same. I think generik didn't make that portaspawner for fun and giggle ... even though I doubt he got it the legit way ;)

Any other ways you could think of guys?

The portaspawner is the only legit way I can think of. There *is* a way, albeit roundabout, that a silk touch pick can make the process of obtaining one somewhat less painful:  Collect a bunch of redstone ore and pulverize it. That has a chance of producing cinnabar as a secondary result. If you put the cinnabar in an induction smelter with ferrous ore, it has a 100% chance of producing the elusive shiny metal, as opposed to the much lower chance you get by pulvierizing the ferrous directly. Should make getting the enderium go more smoothly.

I think he used the Block Teleporter, which I know is what they used when thy pranked Chimney with the witch spawner. 

Yepp thats true. He used the Block Teleporter for the prank, but the blazespawner he got from the nether with a portaspawner. Since he was lacking the different machines at that time, he must have gotten it either the cheaty way or used someone elses machinery;) just saw the video this week

Did he? I have seen that video, but I do not exactely remember.
But somehow I doubt he did it with the Block teleport. The teleport faces you when you place it. So he would have had tobreak a dungeon floor next to it which wouldn't work since it is unbreakable like bedrock. I rather think he had two portas. Anyone remember the episode number?

yepp. must be his second or so moon episode. I will check it later on.

Nevertheless I have built a portaspawner in the meantime (heck a lot of running around and doing stuff), which will be the carrier for the blazespawner.

The grinder is growing nicely. At the moment I have 2 witches, a skeleton and a zombiespawner in place. The blaze will be the last one. I do not want a spider in there, since I fear they might crawl up walls and end up clogging the server down since more and more spawn. Apart from that there are plenty spawning on the outside.

Edited by BrowserXL

I like the idea, but I doubt it will work, since the main problem isn't the chunk not being loaded (that was never the problem since one can move the spawner interdimensionally really far), but missing positioning info. In worst case it will even crash the server. The target card has no dimensional info included, so I guess it will only try to move the spawner to the coordinates stored in the card and since there is no second block teleporter waiting it might cause problems. I would try this in single player only with a testworld.