Help! My modpack loads vanilla minecraft

TheShadow1212

For some reason whenever I try to load my modpack it loads like normal but none of the mods are there. When I go into SP they don't appear either nore does it say that mods are installed like it usually does in the bottem left corner of the main menu.

Please help I am trying to become a great modpack maker and yet I can't figure out my first problem.

Link to my modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/magicalbuild-families-uc.424994

Modpack  download link: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/magicalbuild-families-uc

If you need anymore info please tell me And I will try and get it.

All help is appreciated.

:)

Edited by TheShadow1212

• Discord Moderator
  • The contents of your modpack archive are in a subfolder called "mods". All the required folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside your archive.
  • Your modpack archive should have three folders: bin, config, mods. The bin folder should only contain a file named "modpack.jar" which is simply the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to be modpack.jar. The config folder should contain all the config files for your mods. These files get generated the first time each mod gets injected into Forge/MC which happens during local testing of your pack before you publish it. The mods folder should contain all your mods.
  • You have a bad version of IC2. If you intend to use IC2 in your 1.6.4 pack you need to look here:
  • Your Millenaire mod is not installed correctly. Always follow the mod author's instructions.
  • Your Thaumcraft mod is painfully out of date. Reading this may help you in acquiring mods:

• The contents of your modpack archive are in a subfolder called "mods". All the required folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside your archive.
  •  
  •  
  • Wait so I have to have Bin config and another mods folder inside my mods.zip folder?
  • I have Bin, config & a mods folder inside my modpack than I put my mods in the mod folder and my coremods in the coremod folder. after which I than put my mods in the mods folder into an archive called *mods* and the testing part I couldn't figure out how to get my modpack into vanilla minecraft I dropped my mods in the mod part and it didn't work. I probs sound really dumb but I've never made a modpack nore do I know how to test it. Any heads up on how to do that. :)

I think I have fixed millenaire I did What I had to, I am just gonna re-release the mod with the mods but fixed. Anyways so I think i've fixed millenaire Thaumcraft I got from the forum the first time I installed it and I got 1.6.4 so that is good but I think it is the testing Idk how to do and the other thing you said with my modpack archive the folders I need in it or something.