Diamonds out of nothing or small somethings?

Manqs

You know what? I hate mining and quarrying... Not because it is hard, but because the landscape (yes, under the surface aswell) gets messed up.

So I've been playing around with Minium stones and different machinery but whatever solution I can come up with the cost always outweighs the gain.

That means I have to keep hacking away at the poor minecraft world and slowly reduce it all to nothing... That's not very nice now is it?

So I've been skulking the internets for a few days now but nowhere can I find a way to produce diamonds in an inexpensive way.

I was hoping that maybe someone here could point me in the right direction and help me figure out a way to get diamonds (or any other material with higher emc) from nothing or atleast in a way that uses renewable energy and materials so I don't have a net loss of materia and energy all the time.

It annoys me that people keep throwing Mystcraft around as a solution. It is a way to circumvent the problem, not a solution. You never passed that Kobayashi Maru test, ensign Kirk.

I wrote a >guide about this some time ago. There is a setup for a way more efficient Obsidian generator further down, so you may want to use that instead of the Lava/Extruder method. Incidentally, I just posted a >picture of my Obsidian generator.

If you have infinite Obsidian, then Iron, Gold, Diamonds and Ender Pearls are infinite as well.

Yeah, well, the OP did say that he hates mining and quarrying because it messes up the landscape. Of course he specifically mentioned diamonds later, but honestly, there's a ton of other ores and minerals to be mined in way larger quantities, which will ruin the landscape a lot more than picking a handful of diamond ore blocks from the lowest layers of the world. So unless you literally want to craft EVERY ore using Equivalent Exchange to avoid mining altogether, the most obvious solution to avoid large-scale uglification of your world is to destroy places you'll never, ever gonna visit again anyway. You could set up quarries 20,000 blocks away from your home base, or simply do it all in a separate mining dimension you can forget about once it gets too ugly.

If you're averse to Mystcraft, that's fine - other people, including myself, are averse to Equivalent Exchange, which, honestly, feels more like legitimate cheating in its current, unfinished stage. Way too simple for the sheer power it provides (though I admit that Mystcraft CAN be imbalanced as well if you create oceans of liquified ender or whatever). Opinions differ, we provided two different solutions and the OP can now pick whatever he/she prefers :)

Edited by redsector

As far as "cheating" or imbalances are concerned, most EE3 recipes are deactivated in Tekkit anyway. You can only gain access to the materials I mentioned, which incidentally is just a rather small milestone as far as overall Tekkit progression is concerned. While you could argue that both EE3 (alchemy) and Mystcraft (magic) are outside the Tekkit main theme, I vastly prefer something that I can integrate into my factory chain to process materials over something that simply adds convenient extra worlds (that also tax the server). EE3 is more about processing anyway, not about generating something from nothing (as EE2 used to be). Without a large influx of transmutable resources, it would not even be much use.

If you just want to preserve the landscape, you can opt to simply quarry in the Nether. Or you seal the pits with a Buildcraft Filler.

another but more energy-consuming way is using a laser drill, it will generate ore blocks from beneth bedrock level...

I know its endgame equip, but it fits here I think.

So all you need is a stright path to bedrock and 20kRF/t to feed the laser prechargers ;)

better built a reactor for it ;)

another but more energy-consuming way is using a laser drill, it will generate ore blocks from beneth bedrock level...

So all you need is a stright path to bedrock and 20kRF/t to feed the laser prechargers ;)

I was waiting for someone to finely post the drill solution. It's the best. Every ore out of nothing. Not ruining the landscape.

Here are the tips for the foci colours to have infinite supply of yellorium powering the reactor.

Yellow is for yellorite.

Edited by bochen415

When I made quarries early on, I built them underground to not scar the landscape, especially if mining from about level 30-32 down in extreme hills to get emeralds (and diamonds, redstone, etc.).

If you can get hold of a bucket of cryo gel and bucket of lava there is a way to make infinite obsidian and cobble (using block breakers or terrain smashers). The cobble can be compressed enough times to give it high enough EMC to use it to make minium stones. And the obsidian can be turned into more diamonds than it takes make minium stones to do that.

But before I discovered that I put an enderthermic pump in the nether, and from the lava made obsidian (igneous extruder and aqueuos accumulator), which using cyclic assemblers can make iron ingots, iron blocks, gold blocks, diamond blocks. The obsidian to iron part consumes the most minium stones, but no where near as much as the diamonds you end up with.

Of course that is all moot once you get a laser drill up and running.

Edited by efflandt

Doesn't take that long to get a fusion powerplant running and then have a laser drill at full speed. But you can go for and early laser drill and power it with lowtech power and still generate ores. More power you start to add = faster ore generating.

I was waiting for someone to finely post the drill solution. It's the best. Every ore out of nothing. Not ruining the landscape.

Here are the tips for the foci colours to have infinite supply of yellorium powering the reactor.

Yellow is for yellorite.

Back when I was posting designs for Big Reactors I was running one 7x7x7 reactor with 5 fuel rods in an X arrangement, powering 5 turbines. One of these setups is enough to power 5 Laser Drills at max speed AND have a net positive gain of Yellorium. I'm fairly certain this setup had enough extra power in it to run my entire industry setup as well, though I had an extra reactor feeding into that as well, same setup with passive cooling, still at a net positive gain of Yellorium in storage.

Laser Drills are by far the best solution as you can keep them running with less loaded chunks as well.