Best Tekkit Underground Base

Jacob43365

I just joined the NGG gaming tekkit server, and me and my town there want to make a huge underground complex to store everything. I wanted to get inspiration for it! Please post pictures, videos, or downloads of awesome underground bases!

Can't find any pictures but on our former world we had and an underwater base for the factory, storage and powerplant. Above that almost at the top of the buildable sky we had a skycity and a pillar between the underwater base and the skycity connecting them together. We used dimdoors as "elevator" in the pillar. We also had an underwater glassed tunnel with rails inside connecting our starting base where we kept our farms for the bioreactor with the underwater base. The tunnel was around 1500 blocks long.

Edited by badkruka

Can't find any pictures but on our former world we had and an underwater base for the factory, storage and powerplant. Above that almost at the top of the buildable sky we had a skycity and a pillar between the underwater base and the skycity connecting them together. We used dimdoors as "elevator" in the pillar. We also had an underwater glassed tunnel with rails inside connecting our starting base where we kept our farms for the bioreactor with the underwater base. The tunnel was around 1500 blocks long.

That's too bad.  It sounds like it would have been spectacular to see!

The only pictures I have are these but none that show the base. :(

In the bioreactor room you see litle of the undergound base. The rest of the pictures are beneeth the bioreactor room, under all the water.

We also had four laser drills upp in the skycity and you could see the beams from the underwater base, We had bluestained glass in the water so you couldn't see the glass in the water, keeping the water away from the laser beams. :)

http://imgur.com/a/Cz72D

Edited by badkruka

My current base is a vertical shaft extending from bedrock to around 105 or so. It occupies precisely one chunk (the walls are 18x18) and I built the various floors every 5 or 10 meters depending on the floor's use. Incidentally finding a mountain high enough and big enough around that I could only take up one chunk was a challenge in and of itself. The whole thing is encased in a non-interdiction forcefield (no PvP on my server) just because I can. The top floor is for beds and portals. The second floor, split into two 5m sub-floors, is entirely dedicated to deep storage units. I formed a U-shape (I have twin access shafts running the height of the shaft on the north side) and put a ludicrous number of DSU's in there hooked up to my ME network with item frames on those that have something stored in them. The third floor, again split into two sub-floors, is where my mineral/liquid processing takes place along with non-MAC production. The ME system's primary blocks are also set up in there. The fourth floor contains the MAC, which is currently 16x8x4 meters in size. The space above it is reserved for additional machinery should the need arise as processing is beginning to get cramped :P The floors below that are for various MFR farms. Below those I have two 10x10x4 mob traps set up. One is just for spawners I carted in using portaspawners and the other is for auto-spawners. The floor below that contains the power plant, a passively cooled cryotheum reactor that is 12x12x12 with 36 rods. At the very bottom is the chunk loader, forcefield apparatus, and sludge boilers as I didn't want something that could kill people hanging around in my processing room.

Sadly I have no pictures (lazy) but honestly it doesn't look all that neat. I've always been more of a practical builder than aesthetic, although I do have a severe case of symmetritis lol.

Edited by Digdug83

My current base is a vertical shaft extending from bedrock to around 105 or so. It occupies precisely one chunk (the walls are 18x18) and I built the various floors every 5 or 10 meters depending on the floor's use. Incidentally finding a mountain high enough and big enough around that I could only take up one chunk was a challenge in and of itself. The whole thing is encased in a non-interdiction forcefield (no PvP on my server) just because I can. The top floor is for beds and portals. The second floor, split into two 5m sub-floors, is entirely dedicated to deep storage units. I formed a U-shape (I have twin access shafts running the height of the shaft on the north side) and put a ludicrous number of DSU's in there hooked up to my ME network with item frames on those that have something stored in them. The third floor, again split into two sub-floors, is where my mineral/liquid processing takes place along with non-MAC production. The ME system's primary blocks are also set up in there. The fourth floor contains the MAC, which is currently 16x8x4 meters in size. The space above it is reserved for additional machinery should the need arise as processing is beginning to get cramped :P The floors below that are for various MFR farms. Below those I have two 10x10x4 mob traps set up. One is just for spawners I carted in using portaspawners and the other is for auto-spawners. The floor below that contains the power plant, a passively cooled cryotheum reactor that is 12x12x12 with 36 rods. At the very bottom is the chunk loader, forcefield apparatus, and sludge boilers as I didn't want something that could kill people hanging around in my processing room.

Sadly I have no pictures (lazy) but honestly it doesn't look all that neat. I've always been more of a practical builder than aesthetic, although I do have a severe case of symmetritis lol.

Take snapshots!  Take snapshots!