Trying to add Mekanism to Tekkit

alexanderk19

So as the title suggests, I am trying to add mekanism to tekkit. When I added it into the "mods" folder and launched tekkit, it said this when it finished loading:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation. You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system.
Mod ID : File Name
ForgeMicroblock : ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0297-universal.jar
ForgeMicroblock : ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250.jar
ForgeMultipart : ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0297-universal.jar
ForgeMultipart : ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250.jar
McMultipart : ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.297-universal.jar
McMultipart : ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am pretty bad at this kind of stuff, so please try to explain it to me in simplist terms, thanks :)!

Edited by alexanderk19

Don't spill logs into the forum. That's what Pastebin is for.

The initial message says that you dropped mod versions for Minecraft 1.7.10 in there. Tekkit runs on 1.6.4, so remove the wrong versions and try again with the correct ones.

Just as Curunir said, be sure you are downloading the 1.6.4 version of Mekanism. You put a 1.7.10 version of mekanism (which i didnt know was out) into a mods folder for Minecraft version 1.6.4. Try the 1.6.4 version of Mekanism and see if that works. And dont forget to remove the 1.7.10 version out of the mods folder!

Edited by PompanoZombie

As far as I know, Mekanism has even been in Tekkit at some point, but was removed again for reasons I don't know about. It is surely one of the likelier candidates for inclusion, but the devs are traditionally not very talkative about their decision processes. You could drop a suggestion in a release thread, but please don't spam. Just leave it at a single, short, well-worded and polite suggestion. Giving functional reasons (i.e. a little more than "it would be soooo cool") would probably help your cause.

• Moderators

why was this thread reported? Technical issues with a modpack does belong in the Tracker, yes.

But if you add additional mods in the pack it becomes a custom made one, so no, this one doesn't belong in the Tracker.

I'm not pointing finger at anyone, just clarifying why there's no need to report these threads.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that Mekanism (which I love) is/was incompatible with Atomic Science, had a world corrupted from these two clashing. I do enjoy Tekkit because it runs silky smooth for me, but I often miss Mekanism from my mix. There are decent alternatives in there.

Since Atomic Science was integrated into Resonant Induction now, maybe the Mekanism incompatibility can be resolved. Maybe drop the author(s) a note that the issue (still?) exists and ask them if there is a workaround. Maybe you're lucky and it will get fixed for good.

Of course, there has been no official comment so far on including Resonant Induction when Atomic Science is phased out (which it probably needs to be due to its unstable state).

Since Atomic Science was integrated into Resonant Induction now, maybe the Mekanism incompatibility can be resolved. Maybe drop the author(s) a note that the issue (still?) exists and ask them if there is a workaround. Maybe you're lucky and it will get fixed for good.

Of course, there has been no official comment so far on including Resonant Induction when Atomic Science is phased out (which it probably needs to be due to its unstable state).

Can you elaborate on the Mekanism - Atomic Science issues? I wasn't around and cannot find any info about it.

Edit: Resonant Induction and Mekanism are both part of Resonant Rise and I don't see any issues on their forums.

Edited by bochen415

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this post. The issue is that when attempting to connecting a Mekanism Universal cable to any Atomic Science machines minecraft crashes. After attempting to connect to a large turbine minecraft crashed and corrupted the world I was working on. Let me know if you need any other info.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this post. The issue is that when attempting to connecting a Mekanism Universal cable to any Atomic Science machines minecraft crashes. After attempting to connect to a large turbine minecraft crashed and corrupted the world I was working on. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks. I guess that's resolved now as they co-exist in some modpacks.