New Tesseracts

Prototype958

Hey guys,

Finally got my first pair of tesseracts up in my new world and hooked them into my quarry, but it's SUPER slow. Watching my Quarry I can see that the MJ never gets to over 55-65 MJ. Where there any other changes to the tesseracts that would cause them to output so little energy per tick or is there a new way to set them up? Right now I've tried going directly next to the quarry like I used to, but that doesn't' seem to work anymore. I tried going from the tesseract into a hardened energy cell, but it's still slow and I've tried conduit from the tesseract to the quarry as well as conduit from energy cell to quarry. None of these configs seem to boost the speed at all. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tesseracts require a conduit to be connected between them and a quarry as they don't output MJ. There is no power loss anymore from using a tesseract so whatever you put in RF wise is what gets sent to the quarry. If memory serves a quarry only takes up 60 MJ (600 RF) anyway so if that's what you're seeing then that's as fast as it gets.

Tesseracts require a conduit to be connected between them and a quarry as they don't output MJ. There is no power loss anymore from using a tesseract so whatever you put in RF wise is what gets sent to the quarry. If memory serves a quarry only takes up 60 MJ (600 RF) anyway so if that's what you're seeing then that's as fast as it gets.

Actually transfering energy between Tesseracts take a 20% loss. Fluid/Item transporting take no loss. So i recommend not really using tesserats if you aren't making over 12k RF/t

#Yellorium Reactor

Actually transfering energy between Tesseracts take a 20% loss.

Yes, straight from TeamCoFH, as of TE3 there is zero loss in any way through tesseracts. They are considered to be a "link in space and time".

Edited by Digdug83

• Discord Moderator

Actually transfering energy between Tesseracts take a 20% loss.

This is incorrect. As of TE3, Tesseracts impose no loss or limit of any sort on any transport mechanism (items, fluid, energy). They are, to quote KL, "to be treated like a connection in space and time".

Quarries will use up to a maximum of just over 48 MJ/t (there is a formula for this). This would equate to just over 480 RF/t.

Edit: hehe, right in after Digdug83.

Edited by plowmanplow

TeamCOFH should really keep publicly available changelogs about such things. I have closely observed TE3 development, and still missed that one.

Apologies for spreading the mistake.

The Max power used by a quarry is 48MJ/tick, but, it uses extra power to break blocks, the stronger the block, the more power it takes to break it, sort of.  It peaks out at about 60MJ/tick for a quarry running full speed at low levels where it finds the tougher ores and lava turned obsidian if your quarry is flooded intentionally.

So, both answers are right. ;)

This is incorrect. As of TE3, Tesseracts impose no loss or limit of any sort on any transport mechanism (items, fluid, energy). They are, to quote KL, "to be treated like a connection in space and time".

No kidding?  When was that changed and why is the documentation so hard to find?  That's good news though.

Edited by jakalth

As plowman hinted, the lossless Tesseract must have been a part of the TE3 rework already, so since version 3.0. As formidable as TE may be, it really lacks in documentation. But maybe this will improve with the new site. After all, it now has this.

There was, in TE2, a loss when transmitting power with a tesseract. This has since been removed.