Let's test the next Hexxit! v2.0.1 beta is live!

Skuli

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, (and I hope I actually pinpointed the problem) but it appears that the Ancient Warfare Mod is crashing my game. one of my worlds is corrupted because the last thing I looked at was a generated structure ( a church/cathedral I believe?)  from AW, and now the save crashes before it even loads. 

Also: this is slightly unrelated because I wanna make a private modpack that merges Attack of the B-Team with Hexxit, as well as some additional mods I like such as Magitech Armor, Better Beds, etc (which is much easier now that hexxit has been brought to 1.6.4), but I'm just curious: is Biomes o' Plenty compatible with ExtrabiomesXL? although I like BoP more, I do like some biomes from ExtraBiomesXL, plus it would be cool to have the volcano from Better Dungeons actually spawn in the volcano Biome from BoP.

Crash log needed.

I've encountered many o' structure.... Including the cathedral you are referring to.

There are too many visual variables and discrepancies.

In the future, open the crash log, copy it, and paste it in <code> here.

If you need help posting in a particular format someone from staff, or the many guides on the internet can help you.

EDIT: Putting together a tutorial for posting code in thread.

I'll put it up tomorrow.

Edited by Ysonoko

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

You are a hero.

Crashed as soon as I headed to the large forest (northeast?) of the pirate ship by spawn.

I didn't crash, but there is a village in that vicinity. WIth a necromancy plot.

I didn't crash, but there is a village in that vicinity. WIth a necromancy plot.

There are randomalities in the MC matricies.

I also had a village spawn successfully with a necromancy grave yard in  another map.

There is some kind of corruption, hopefully the coders  can figure it out and give us a playable world.

always post logs so we can pinpoint the problem

Error logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.

If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Crash log needed.

I've encountered many o' structure.... Including the cathedral you are referring to.

If you need help posting in a particular format someone from staff, or the many guides on the internet can help you.

I'll put it up tomorrow.

here's the code (let me know if I did this properly or not)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8117040/

Hey folks.

UPdate 2.0.1b is out, it should fix the default mapwriter map type, fixes Battletowers not being properly installed, fixed dynamic lights installation, and updated Dimensional Doors.

If you run a server, check out Dimension Doors update; it allows you to have a single "Personal Portal" door which gives anyone who walks through their own private dimension.

Also, HexxitGear is back in this build!

• Moderators

there's been much debate on whether Lycanite's Mobs mod should go or not, here's my opinion: Keep it. But add the CustomMobSpawner from DrZhark

so we can adjust the spawn rates of these OP mobs.

I'm quite fond of these magical orbs you get from them so you can pew-pew at them. haven't tested it on a dispenser yet, anyone got a video of the effects?

I have no issues against Lycanites on overworld, only on the Nether are they frightening and annoying (isn't hell supposed to be that?).

do Lycanites spawn in the Twilight? I haven't been there yet

there's been much debate on whether Lycanite's Mobs mod should go or not, here's my opinion: Keep it. But add the CustomMobSpawner from DrZhark

so we can adjust the spawn rates of these OP mobs.

I'm quite fond of these magical orbs you get from them so you can pew-pew at them. haven't tested it on a dispenser yet, anyone got a video of the effects?

I have no issues against Lycanites on overworld, only on the Nether are they frightening and annoying (isn't hell supposed to be that?).

do Lycanites spawn in the Twilight? I haven't been there yet

I agree I dont mind having the Lycanites jus they spawn to frequently its terrifying and im too afraid to go both the nether and the twilight

always post logs so we can pinpoint the problem

Error logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.

If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Crash log needed.

I'll put it up tomorrow.

Sorry for the last post you guys. I submitted the wrong log last time. I don't do this often, sorry! here's the crash log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8128580/

Thanks for the help guys. :D

What exactly am I looking at Prophet?

If this is your skin: that is an issue actually with the minecraft skin servers, theyve been doing some work with it lately and it can cause a black and purple box to appear for your skin.

Otherwise, what exactly were you expecting to load up that failed?

With 2.0.1 and 2.0.1c I have not been able to craft a simple bow.  The item exists and can be spawned but the recipe doesnt work.  Am I missing something?

[Edit] Also, can someone tell me what this weird portal-looking thing is?uyZKWH3.jpg

Edited by kyrnel

What exactly am I looking at Prophet?

If this is your skin: that is an issue actually with the minecraft skin servers, theyve been doing some work with it lately and it can cause a black and purple box to appear for your skin.

Otherwise, what exactly were you expecting to load up that failed?

no its the hexxit armor its all puple and black

Edit; Also i love what effects u give the armor

Edited by ProphetScourge

With 2.0.1 and 2.0.1c I have not been able to craft a simple bow.  The item exists and can be spawned but the recipe doesnt work.  Am I missing something?

[Edit] Also, can someone tell me what this weird portal-looking thing is?uyZKWH3.jpg?

May have something to do with Better Archery; I'll look into it.

That's the new Dimensional Doors portal; craft an iron door and place it there to enter that dimension, if memory serves me correctly.

May have something to do with Better Archery; I'll look into it.

That's the new Dimensional Doors portal; craft an iron door and place it there to enter that dimension, if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks!  There are a number of new bows (different than the previous Hexxit bows mod).  The regular bow needs leather in addition to the vanilla recipe.  The only problem is that most of the bows do not show the recipes.  And even some that do (like the compound bow) have ingredients (like bottle of glue) that don't show the recipe.  

Yep I realized later that they were the dimensional doors.  You can see the old style portal (black smoke) in the center of it but it is a lot smaller than before.  These look really strange when there are a number of them together.

It's looking better and better!  Thanks!

Edited by kyrnel

Thanks!  There are a number of new bows (different than the previous Hexxit bows mod).  The regular bow needs leather in addition to the vanilla recipe.  The only problem is that most of the bows do not show the recipes.  And even some that do (like the compound bow) have ingredients (like bottle of glue) that don't show the recipe.  

Yep I realized later that they were the dimensional doors.  You can see the old style portal (black smoke) in the center of it but it is a lot smaller than before.  These look really strange when there are a number of them together.

It's looking better and better!  Thanks!

Yeah, the big problem was that a lot of these mods jumped over to 1.7.X development and left unfinished/broken 1.6.4 builds behind. Another problem is that a lot of them STAYED on 1.6.4 for a long time, and the ones that did neither skipped 1.7.2 completely and moved right on to 1.7.10.

So it's been a mess...

I posted this in the Tracker section, but I thought I would post it in this thread as well.

I loaded up a fresh Hexxit 2.0.1c and was greeted by endless battle towers... This happened as well when I manually unzipped them in 2.0.1

Any idea what the issue may be?

TVRqsr8.png