Let's test the next Hexxit! v2.0.1 beta is live!

Skuli

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the new hexxit update so far everything running smoothly minus some issues were I have to relog to get some things to work like Ars Magically which I love that Hexxit finally added. Adding Optifine tho to see if it helps since it did for the 1.5.2 version. Also would love thuma 4 to be added but understand reasons why you might not or why people might not want it.

Question for the Devs working on the packs tho...... have yall thought about have server and single player versions of the packs? Like if you know Hexxit server or servers in general removes/ disables a Mod due to it screwing up the server why not offer a server pack with out it? or something along those lines. yes I know it might be a pain at 1st but yo could have it where a play selects Hexxit then have a drop down and select server hexxit or normal hexxit.

Now this option should only be used on the mods that everyone knows causes issues tho so it save some time sorting through random crap 

Edited by TwilightAngel

Loving the new hexxit update so far everything running smoothly minus some issues were I have to relog to get some things to work like Ars Magically which I love that Hexxit finally added. Adding Optifine tho to see if it helps since it did for the 1.5.2 version. Also would love thuma 4 to be added but understand reasons why you might not or why people might not want it.

Like if you know Hexxit server or servers in general removes/ disables a Mod due to it screwing up the server why not offer a server pack with out it? o

The server should come with it's own config file for mods with some  turned off and on by default for various reasons, Mainly stability.

I can't remember where, but someone had found a version of optifine that works with hexxit 2.0.1. Thaumcraft has a lot of entries, changing them and making sure they don't conflict is something you would have to do on your own, or maybe the pack makers might in the future. Either way it requires a lot of time.

Ars magica 2 has a simlar kinda of system similar to thaumcraft in some ways. You might want to look into it.

Edited by eval

Super psyched when I saw this, I've been waiting for a Hexxit update for a very, very long time. Many, many thanks to the dev team.

However, is it just me, or is that 'crazy' ore generation from Hexxit missing? I compared the cofh configs myself and they're identical to the old Hexxit, but it's definitely obvious if you go and lob a bunch of TNT under a few dozen layers of stone— there's a comparitively serious lack of ores. I had a semi-functional Hexxit-ish 1.6.4 version that a friend and I mashed together at one point, and for some reason I seem to recall we had issues with this before. Still, the config that I wound up using is again the exact same as Hexxit 1 and 2. Does anyone else notice this, or am I just crazy? Or just incredibly unlucky?

Edit: Also, the Witchwood trees from Ars Magica aren't in the Treecapitator list. I would assume that by association any other trees added by this mod aren't, either.

Edited by Mr.Bobert

Ha! I knew something was off. The config file is present, obviously, but I hadn't even thought to check for the actual mod files. I'll throw it in myself for now, thanks for sorting that headache.

Also, why isn't this in here yet?

Additionally, I threw CoFH in there myself, and it seems to work all well and good.

Edited by Mr.Bobert

• Moderators

Help me 

When i start the new Version and klick play it load and than nothink happens :(

No crash report, nothink in the consol...

I reinstall it 2 times but it dont help...

make a report on the Tracker on launcher subsection, follow the Tracker Rules and Guidelines

Ok so here is my question that I have not seen any answer to but are you going to update tinker's construct soon so that when using the smeltary we can shift-click the ores to the bottom so that we can use multiple ores or no??

*and if its is because the update of tinkers construct is only 1.7.x compatible then I understand why

p.s. I don't know if it is

Edited by Wolf8499

Glad to see you working on updating Hexxit.  It's my favorite modpack to play.

Rotten flesh to leather is one of my favorite mods.  It allowed for converting stacks of rotten flesh into leather to easily make backpacks for that loot I get from raiding places.  Without it means cattle farm grind.  Anyway to put such a simply smelt or craft feature back in to support converting rotten flesh to leather?

Glad to see you working on updating Hexxit.  It's my favorite modpack to play.

Rotten flesh to leather is one of my favorite mods.  It allowed for converting stacks of rotten flesh into leather to easily make backpacks for that loot I get from raiding places.  Without it means cattle farm grind.  Anyway to put such a simply smelt or craft feature back in to support converting rotten flesh to leather?

Look up Yet Another Leather Smelting mod (otherwise known as YALSM). It has the option for rotten flesh to leather when smelted OR craft 5 rotten flesh into patchwork flesh then smelt that to make leather.