Let's test the next Hexxit! v2.0.1 beta is live!

Skuli

The next beta should be a 1.7.10 build.

Ars Magica 2 and EBXL are the major mods in the current 1.6.4 beta without 1.7.10 compatible builds, so they'll more than likely be dropped or replaced.

This should also fix the world corruption due to Necromancy, so that's nice!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the wrong thread to post suggestions in, but you posted it here and it's easier for reference, so... I'd like to see difficulty in the mod scale up like this or at least be more difficult in general. 

I would propose making it so that as more mobs die in game, the chance for special harder mobs spawning instead of vanilla ones go up by 0.066% per mob death or something. 100 mobs die, then that's 6.6% more of the special hard mobs. I would approximate in my game there's usually around 600 mob deaths before I reach end game in a typical mod pack. It does vary. At a 0.066% increase per mob death it would be about 40% (39.6%) increased difficulty. (Also increased reward... So that might be an issue)

Ideally (for me), there'd be about 40%-60% more difficult mobs spawning to keep things interesting. That, or their stats increasing the same amount. Of course it would have to cap so not every mob ends up being a "special" one nor can they one hit KO you with your best gear on.

I totally understand if this is more work than the pack maker would like to do (seeing as there's so much other stuff you have to do to fix bugs and stuff)... I've considered looking into making a mod like this after the release of 1.8 if no one else will be doing it.

Kinda off topic:

Again, I may not be posting in the right place... but 1.8 is coming out real soon... supposedly tomorrow soon. If it wasn't I'd understand the 1.6 version, but why now? We can wait a little longer, can't we?...Can't we?

Awesome idea!

Kinda off topic:

Again, I may not be posting in the right place... but 1.8 is coming out real soon... supposedly tomorrow soon. If it wasn't I'd understand the 1.6 version, but why now? We can wait a little longer, can't we?...Can't we?

Awesome idea!

Based on what LexManos and BloodMC have said, a stable Forge for Minecraft 1.8 will be many months in the making; it'll be longer than 1.7.10 took. Mods themselves will be even farther behind that.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a 1.8 Forge modpack.

I encountered a random crash just running along through a village. After that when I tried to load up the save the internal server crashed when trying to download terrain. Replacing the level.dat file let me reload the the save. Returned to the village and replicated the crash. Attempted deleting chunks with mcedit so they could regenerate, I've had to do this before on a server I used to run cause we'd encounter corrupted world chunks. All that did was make it crash regardless of a fresh level.dat file or not.

StructureStart was the first thing at the top of my crash report as well. I removed Necromancy and did the level.dat fix. Returned to the village, crashed again. So in my case at least Necromancy isn't the issue.

Edit:

Also, something with battletowers definitely needs to be config'd..... ran into this on a new map:

(sorry big pic)

f3fP3zV.jpg

Edited by theland10

Loving 2.0.1 have only hit two issues.

One, after playing for an extended period of time, the game begins to rapidly update large groups of chunks, 1000+ . Fixed with closing down and re opening the game. 

Second as theland has posted, battle towers is out of wack. My world has virtually none, and then huge strings like so. They go on forever, if I follow them eventually I reach a spot where I crash ( Usually where it tried to fork and render in 3

YEiUw2x.jpg?1

server not Start on linux

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I'm sorry, Dave.

Time: 11.09.14 18:32
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4091 is already occupied by offlawn.blocks.FakeTallGrass@7343c57 when adding atomic$
        at net.minecraft.block.Block.<init>(Block.java:349)
        at atomicstryker.ropesplus.common.BlockRopeCenter.<init>(BlockRopeCenter.java:17)
        at atomicstryker.ropesplus.common.RopesPlusCore.preInit(RopesPlusCore.java:109)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:522)
        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
     ArtificeCompat|ForgeMicroblock{1.6.4R1.1.3} [Artifice Compat: ForgeMicroblock] (artifice-1.1.3-243.jar) Unloaded->Co$
        ArtificeCompat|Thaumcraft{1.6.4R1.1.3} [Artifice Compat: Thaumcraft] (artifice-1.1.3-243.jar) Unloaded->Constructed-$
        AncientWarfare{1.1.045-beta-MC164} [Ancient Warfare] (aw-1.1.046-beta-mc164.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initiali$
        AncientStructures{1.1.045-beta-MC164} [Ancient Warfare Structures Module] (aw-1.1.046-beta-mc164.jar) Unloaded->Cons$
        Backpack{1.28.37} [Backpack] (backpack-1.28.37-1.6.x.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        BattleTowers{1.3.9} [Battle Towers] (battletowers_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        QuiverMod{1.6.2} [Better Archery] (better_archery_1.6.3_for_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        BetterDungeons{2.4} [Chocolate quest] (betterdungeons2091.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        FLabsBF{4.0} [BetterFurnaces] (betterfurnacesv4.0.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        betterstorage{0.8.0.43} [BetterStorage] (betterstorage-1.6.4-0.8.0.45.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        BiblioCraft{1.5.5} [BiblioCraft] (bibliocraft[v1.5.5].zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        bspkrsCore{v5.3(1.6.4)} [bspkrsCore] (bspkrscorev5.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        BackToTheRoots{0.9.3.1} [Butterfly Mania] (butterflymania[1.6.4]_universal_varka_ebxl_v0.9.3.1.zip) Unloaded->Constr$
        CarpentersBlocks{3.2.6} [Carpenter's Blocks] (carpenter's blocks v3.2.6 - MC 1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-i$
        ChestTransporter{1.1.7} [Chest Transporter] (chestTransporter-1.1.7-universal.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initia$
        chococraft{3.0.3} [Torojima's ChocoCraft] (chococraft_3.0.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        dimdoors{2.2.4-353} [Dimensional Doors] (dimensionaldoors-2.2.4-353.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        eplus{1.16.5b} [Enchanting Plus] (enchantingplus-1.16.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        ExtrabiomesXL{3.15.7} [ExtrabiomesXL] (extrabiomesxl-universal-1.6.4-3.15.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initiali$
        FinderCompass{1.6.4X} [Finder Compass] (findercompass_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        mod_harkenscythe{2.1.7} [HarkenScythe] (harkenscythe_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        hexxitgear{1.5.2R1.0} [Hexxit Gear] (hexxitgear-1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        iChunUtil{2.4.0} [iChunUtil] (ichunutil2.4.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        InfernalMobs{1.4.4} [Infernal Mobs] (infernalmobs_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        LostBooks{1.1} [Lost Books] (lostbooks 1.0 (bin) for mc 1.6.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        LycanitesMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Constructed->$
        ArcticMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Arctic Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Construct$
        DemonMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Demon Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Constructed$
        DesertMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Desert Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Construct$
        ForestMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Forest Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Construct$
        InfernoMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Inferno Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Constru$
        JungleMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Jungle Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Construct$
        MountainMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Mountain Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Const$
        PlainsMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Plains Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Construct$
        SaltwaterMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Saltwater Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Con$
        SwampMobs{1.5.1c - MC 1.6.4} [Lycanites Swamp Mobs] (lycanitesmobscomplete 1.5.1c [1.6.4].jar) Unloaded->Constructed$
        MagicYarn{1.0.9} [Magic Yarn] (magicyarn_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        meteors{2.11.2} [Falling Meteors] (Meteors Mod V2.11.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        Natura{2.1.14} [Natura] (natura_mc1.6.X_2.1.14.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
     meteors{2.11.2} [Falling Meteors] (Meteors Mod V2.11.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        Natura{2.1.14} [Natura] (natura_mc1.6.X_2.1.14.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        necromancy{1.5} [Necromancy] (necromancy_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        NEIPlugins{1.1.0.6} [NEI Plugins] (neiplugins-1.1.0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        offLawn{1.0} [offLawn] (offlawn-1.0-1.6.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        ProjectZulu|Core{1.1.7.3} [Project Zulu Core] (projectzulucompletev1.1.7.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        ProjectZulu|Block{1.1.7.3} [Project Zulu Block and Items] (projectzulucompletev1.1.7.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->E$
        ProjectZulu|Dungeon{1.1.7.3} [Project Zulu Dungeon] (projectzulucompletev1.1.7.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        ProjectZulu|Mob{1.1.7.3} [Project Zulu Mobs] (projectzulucompletev1.1.7.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        ProjectZulu|World{1.1.7.3} [Project Zulu World] (projectzulucompletev1.1.7.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        QuantumCraft{1.1} [qCraft] (qcraft1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        xreliquary{1.1.2} [Xeno's Reliquary] (reliquary-1.1.2b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        Roguelike{1.3.0} [Roguelike Dungeons] (roguelike-v1.3.0-forge-1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        RopesPlus{1.4.9} [Ropes+] (RopePlus_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        secretroomsmod{4.6.2} [The SecretRoomsMod] (secretroomsmod-universal-1.6.4-4.6.2.324.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre$
        SS2{2 (build 2)} [Soul Shards 2] (soulshards-2.0.15-universal-srg.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        TConstruct{1.6.X_1.5.5.2} [Tinkers' Construct] (tconstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.5.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initializ$
        TreeCapitator{Forge 1.6.4.r09} [Treecapitator] (TREECAPITATOR.FORGE.1.6.4.R09.UNIVERSAL.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->$
        TwilightForest{1.20.5} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.6.4-1.20.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        wildcaves3{0.4.3.5} [Wild Caves 3] (wildcaves v0.4.3.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        TConstruct Environment: Sane and ready for action. Bugs may be reported.
        Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
        Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
        Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

As far as my understanding of this matter goes, krebsmotin, if the issue can be directly linked to it being the "Lets Test ___ version ____" update issue only and not a general modpack issue, it would belong here. If the issue cannot be proven to exist only for this version of the modpack, then it would belong on the tracker. Of course, I'm not a member of staff so this post doesnt reflect what it actually may be.

Edited by Kalbintion

• Moderators

Targren

Would you prefer bugs and crash reports be reported in this thread, or on the Hexxit tracker?

Munaus

Skuli wants them here, but it doesn't hurt if you posted on the Tracker

When did that change?

It didn't change.

Think for a second, how many of us are unable to play this beta version right now?

None

what one mo block has sounds like a typical java / security / pick-whichever-reason-a-pack-wont-start issue that we see everyday on the Tracker. These are issues on the users end that we need to pinpoint and advice them on how to fix

Just an FYI, this tracker thread may be pertinent to the beta version: http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-3330-server-on-201-only-working-on-windows/

Long story short, it appears some of the config files have miscased naming that are causing it to fail to work on any OS that is case sensitive to a case insensitive OS as itll attempt to find a file by its internal name, not find it, regenerate a new one with default values and if it doesnt cause a conflict then, causes a conflict with anyone on the case insensitive OS to read the non-defaulted values and throw a ID mismatch error. From what the user reported there, it is the OffLawn!, BetterStorage and Fallen Meteors mods that have miscased configs that they have found thus far.

Edited by Kalbintion

Why does my cousin get kicked after a min it says something about a socket error is it the server or me or his connection ?

spartanwarrior lost connection: disconnect.overflow
2014-09-11 21:21:37 [iNFO] spartanwarrior left the game
2014-09-11 21:21:52 [sEVERE] Reached end of stream
Edited by StarFruit

I've had no problems running the client, or playing multiplayer using "open to lan".

I have not been able to get a server working. I get FML ID mismatches from the Better Dungeons mod (8262 > 8278) .

I did not report it since Skuli and Kalbintion are working on a 1.7.10 version so I figured "why dwell on 1.6.4 errors?".

Anyway, gotta say, I'm just happy that it's getting updated. Really appreciate the work you guys are doing.

I do get smashed a lot more these days, without my golden boomerangs =)