Tekkit 3.0

BastiDE

You can't Download a Serverside Version of Tekkit (3.0). It's still in "Dev. Mode".

then why are there already servers saying they have 3.0 and what would be the purpose of releasing a sp only version of a mp pack?

Use the damn search bar bro, these "Tekkit 3.0" are getting REALLY annoying.

Now poor Jay? has to clean up your mess.

i did use the search bar and this is the only "Tekkit 3.0" i found

then why are there already servers saying they have 3.0 and what would be the purpose of releasing a sp only version of a mp pack?

Testing, you moron. A lot of the work with Tekkit is waiting for the Bukkit ports of mods to happen, and we're still waiting on that.

Ok, maybe alexiooo asked the "wrong" question, but calling him moron is a bit harsh, even if you're a moderator in here. Looking at the number of views on this thread tells me, that he's not the only one wondering why there's an update, but no official info on the site. Maybe you should sticky some info on the subject? That would probably avoid more confusion.

EDIT: Got the OP and alexiooo mixed up.

Testing, you moron.

As a global mod i don't think that you shouldn't be calling people names for the fact that you are giving the staff of the forums poor rep. If you are rude to them they wont come back, they don't come back they can't get problems with the mod pack fixed so they won't use it.

Alex Ragnar is right, its for testing.

Yes I am new here and there's a hostile tone in the forum, why?

There's a hostile tone towards people who don't read (and follow) rules, spend 5 minutes browsing or searching to see if their question was already answered, lack basic writing skills, or otherwise waste peoples' time. If you don't have issues with the above everyone here is friendly enough.

There's a hostile tone towards people who don't read (and follow) rules, spend 5 minutes browsing or searching to see if their question was already answered, lack basic writing skills, or otherwise waste peoples' time. If you don't have issues with the above everyone here is friendly enough.

Yea, I understand that and agree that people should put a little effort in to find the answer before asking, but still, I think the response was a bit harsh :)

Here's how it works 'round here. If someone makes a low effort post, we are allowed to post a snarky response if it is funny, or it answers their stupid question anyway.

If somebody replies to a post that actually took the time to answer a stupid question that could have been answered by simply looking for it, and they have a bad attitude/better then you attitude/butthurt whiny tone, etc. then we are allowed to be an ass to them, again as long as it is either funny, or it answers their increasingly stupid questions.

MrHoroX answered a question that had already been answered multiple times and could have easily been found by looking around, not only that he did it in a completely snark-free and well composed way, and correct of course. Despite that, someone responded with a smarter-then-you tone implying that the correct answer was actually wrong. That post came across with a bad attitude, and therefore someone who knew the correct answer definitively (being a mod) felt the need to clarify the situation by stating the facts again thereby answering the low-effort OP and the bad attitude reply to the correct answer, and doing it in such a way that it points out the poor judgement in making those posts, by calling the person a moron.

I too find that 'moron' reply a bit too far.

If you are sick of people asking the same question, maybe you could publicize the topic more as a sticky? That's the first place I look...

Or at the very least add a sticky at the top of the forum asking and showing people how to use the search function might be a good idea - There are plenty of different Forum software's on the net and you can't be familiar with all of them.

If you are sick of people asking the same question, maybe you could publicize the topic more as a sticky? That's the first place I look...

Oh, you're so cute! Can I pinch your cheeks? That youthful innocence that all it takes is a sticky to answer freqently-asked questions. Adorable.

You know the fact that we already have stickies with all this covered? Yeah, we already have those. You know what's great about stickies? You apparently didn't even read them sufficiently to realize we already have the sticky you just suggested we make.

Or at the very least add a sticky at the top of the forum asking and showing people how to use the search function might be a good idea - There are plenty of different Forum software's on the net and you can't be familiar with all of them.

It's a blank box that has a button that says "Search" on it. It's right there. On every searchable page. It's as easy as Google. If anybody can't figure out the search function, they are too stupid to even be on this forum, and we'll be glad to see them the fuck gone.

Great idea! Someone sticky this:

[img width=800]

I too find that 'moron' reply a bit too far.

Ok, lemme break this down for you.

We're not required to help anyone. We don't have the time, nor are we required to be nice to people. If you act like an idiot or ignore rules and such, we aren't holding back on you. The search bar is there for a reason. We can't have a sticky for every bug or minor fix that happens. We don't have to help you, and chances are we won't unless you post things properly.

If you need more hints on what not to do, Read the rules or browse the whale box.

Ahh forum elitism. Gives me a warm fuzzy glow.

We were all noobs once, remeber that.

Why doesn't someone just post a link to original topic, a gentle hint to use the search button and a warning to repeat offenders, then close the thread.

Or even quicker, just have a cut and paste responce to put into a reply saying the topic is covered elsewhere, please use the search button.

No need for calling people morons, everyone is happy, and probably takes a lot less time than bitching about how stupid people are, considering your all so pressed for time.

As a global mod i don't think that you shouldn't be calling people names for the fact that you are giving the staff of the forums poor rep. If you are rude to them they wont come back, they don't come back they can't get problems with the mod pack fixed so they won't use it.

The thing you're not getting is that there is no business here. It really does not matter at all if more people use it or less people use it. From my understanding, it was never even designed to be public initially. And yet the Technic team hosts it at their cost, makes stickies about common issues, and answers posts that follow the "how to post" stickies.

That's pretty damn generous. Actions speak FAR louder than words. These people made it easy for the public to use their initially private modpack, host it at their own cost, and maintain and update it with new minecraft versions. If you think all that is undone by calling someone a moron, then I really don't know what to say.

These people make no money from this, they volunteer their valuable time here, and they do help with problems when people actually put a little effort into their post. I'm sorry if they don't want to answer the same question over and over, but I wouldn't forget everything they've done over a little name-calling.

The thing you're not getting is that there is no business here. It really does not matter at all if more people use it or less people use it. From my understanding, it was never even designed to be public initially. And yet the Technic team hosts it at their cost, makes stickies about common issues, and answers posts that follow the "how to post" stickies.

That's pretty damn generous. Actions speak FAR louder than words. These people made it easy for the public to use their initially private modpack, host it at their own cost, and maintain and update it with new minecraft versions. If you think all that is undone by calling someone a moron, then I really don't know what to say.

These people make no money from this, they volunteer their valuable time here, and they do help with problems when people actually put a little effort into their post. I'm sorry if they don't want to answer the same question over and over, but I wouldn't forget everything they've done over a little name-calling.

Damn right! Cookie 1+ for you :)