My Mod Pack (Let me ask for permission from modders then try to sell it!)

punker180

Why would that be against the rules?

btw I might still accidentally sign my posts because I'm so used to it :)

Ok, look at your post. Then tilt your head slightly to the left. There is your name.

In the time it takes to read the longest post, we are not going to suddenly think someone, say, Jakj was the writer behind it. Especially when all it takes is another casual glance at your name to know it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jakj was the writer behind it

I am behind you, watching you type, judging you and your every word, seeking, waiting for the spark, the germ, the blossom of greatness, to take it, to run with it, to reach to the sun and fly.

Here soon we are going to be doing a limited test. By that I mean I am posting the pack for ONE DAY. After that the link will be removed until later dates. In this one day I will also set up another forum page here (will leave a link when made). and in this forum page just list me your bugs. (if sending an error log please put spoilers so each comment isn't a page long). We've already cleared alot of bugs would really like the awesome help from the awesome technic followers =D.

Also, to anyone who finds a bug AND has the solution to said bug already solved for us, you will be mentioned along its release. A.K.A.

(Example)

Testers and Bug finders:

Your Name Here

Punker180

Random Joe

Spongebob

This public testing is because I only have a team of me and Nicket97 on the minecraft forums. We are just outsourcing our testing to you the community to further this project. (currently fixing a portalgun and compact solars issue) But once the issue is fixed and Nicket97 rebuilds the installer we will decide a date which again I will post here before hand (because we dont have a set date just yet but I will post atleast a day in advanced.)

Also: If there are any questions about why I am using a mod in this pack feel free to reply to this thread about it. I received a PM the other day asking why I added more pistons when we now have frames. Well simply put I like the simplicity of the more pistons mod. place a piston and place a lever done!

asking why I added more pistons when we now have frames

The answer to this type of question should always be "because both exist". I will maintain respect for you if you never give in to the "A does it so we don't need B" small-minded mentality.

It seems the issue was with 2 mods. thaumcraft had a compatibility issue but when they updated to 2.1.6 it fixed the issue. the standing issue is portalgun mod now. and since we cannot change his mod legally I am considering either leaving the option to use it (if u click the checkbox in the install) or removing it completely. sad thing is for ME the crash is if i place a HV solar and convert its energy all the way down into a bat box then create both portals it crashes.

It seems the issue was with 2 mods. thaumcraft had a compatibility issue but when they updated to 2.1.6 it fixed the issue. the standing issue is portalgun mod now. and since we cannot change his mod legally I am considering either leaving the option to use it (if u click the checkbox in the install) or removing it completely. sad thing is for ME the crash is if i place a HV solar and convert its energy all the way down into a bat box then create both portals it crashes.

After pages and PAGES of crash errors the problem was actually in fact mo creatures. portalgun still messes with your minimap (bug in mod itself look at mod authors page for details) But with mo creatures removed I was able to implement another mod =) Power Converters for BC 3.X!!!

Well since my installer guy has gone MIA I am in need for a new team (since it was just me and Nicket97 and he is missing) If youd like to join PM me (plz have java programming knowledge) the pack is pretty much done and ready to go (just needs installer built) I have taken care of all bugs reported personally. But again need someone to create installer. (so I can do that public release for a bit)(for public bug testing)

• 2 weeks later...

I would take better dungeons out and put battle towers in.

they're less laggy and not OP.

I would leave both in and turn the frequency of BD Dungeons way down by default. They're just too common - most of them are cool. OP-ness is relative for these if you change what spawns in the chests. You can do whatever you want, however.

I would leave both in and turn the frequency of BD Dungeons way down by default. They're just too common - most of them are cool. OP-ness is relative for these if you change what spawns in the chests. You can do whatever you want, however.

in Better Dungeons, giant structures made of blocks of iron, gold, and diamond appear. The structures tend to be more valuable than the chests you're fighting over. I'm also not a fan of their generation and the way it meshes with the landscape. They always seem out of place while Battle Towers makes towers match the biome, uses simple dungeon loot, and gives you a little extra when you beat the boss. You can even have the tower destroyed when the boss is dead.

That's just my humble opinion. I think better dungeons is cool, I just don't like things made too easy for me.

o.O Where have you found gold or diamond blocks in the BD structures? I guess there's one of each inside the top of the pirate coves, but...I've seen the iron on the pirate airships (which I don't like and don't use), but the single iron block serving as the steering post on the new pirate ships is cool. The boss of a pirate airship or large ship has a diamond block in the chest near him (and several golden apples, but those are easier to make now), which I don't feel is overkill given the likelihood that you will die several times fighting him.

The top two levels of the Battle Towers under the boss feature diamond tools, and all levels have TC2 artifacts and some fairly nice items as well, not to mention the xp grinders you can make out of them...in a way, Battle Towers almost make things too easy if you hit them in the Minecraft morning and just torch all the way up to the floor under the boss, grabbing stuff from chests on the way back down.

I do agree that the structures can seem quite out of place, especially the enormous castles in the snow biomes. It'd be nice if BD were better programmed and a bit better balanced, but turn the frequency down far enough and it's nice to find the rare dungeon once in a while.

Unless it's changed, those are Iron Blocks. I don't have images of the mansion but they got some good stuff in 'em too.

2012-02-26_200948_1560838.jpg

The Battle Towers just use dungeon chest loot until you get to the top, and the most I've ever seen is 1 diamond block in the top chest.

Plus, those towers are destroyed when you kill the boss by default.

BD and BT are both OP, and btw, im 90% sure the tower doesnt get fully destroyed, resulting in a very very good XP farm. BD all you have to do is punch some pirates to death and get 4 diamond blocks, and BT all you have to do to get 2 sets of diamond tools is get a stack of dirt, tower up to the second-to-last floor. If they honestly cause this much argument, punker should just remove it. Nuff said.

you can't just punch pirates in BD. all the mobs are ridiculously strong. same for the golem in BT. and once the golem is dead, the spawners are destroyed along with about 80% of the rest of the tower so it looks like ruins on the landscape

The default config does have them both spawning fairly close to each other quite often. I left the rarity on BT at default but made the minimum distance between towers at least 2000. That way you have to at least prep before adventuring. I'd do the same with BD but I really don't like the way they generate over land.

My Mod Team and I have had no more bugs that we have come to see (I played all the way through to the dragon and no bugs.... twice...) keep in mind i have tested this ONLY with vanilla villages off. I am only releasing this for A SHORT TIME. So, please PM me or post all bugs here that you the people can find. (because my team cant rlly find any more) installer is the same as oldschool technic. extract the folder, run the jar with java, install, play! KEEP IN MIND that this goes on a FRESH install of minecraft. not on a technic world as the IDs are incompatible. I look forward to feed back keep in mind that this download will only be up for acouple days as to not get in 2 much trouble with the mod authors who have not given us permission YET. But while we await your bug reports I will start working on my SMP pack. Have fun and thank you for waiting patiently.

I know this isn't in the correct suggestion format, but have you thought of some of the industrialcraft addons? Rocket science and modular forcefields are good ones. ChemCraft is also a cool looking mod, dunno the link to that one though. (the updated one anyways) It works with industrialcraft.

My Suggestions:

[Removals]

ComputerCraft - superfluous with RP computers and Steve's Carts/Railcraft.

Somnia - I think this one is more a matter of preference. I'd just rather make it day and wait for stuff.

Zeppelin - like somnia, I think it's a cool idea. It just doesn't work in a fashion that I like i.e. - falling to my doom while the thing is moving. Although I bet a few of the controller blocks could be useful if they could rotate on the vertical axis (windmills/waterwheels)

and I think I've already said my piece on Better Dungeons vs. Battle Towers.

[Additions]

Advanced HUD - 0 blocks

InfiCraft's Flora and Soma - Block IDs: 39

Super Slopes - 46 ID's

Timber Frames - 1 item ID

Wallpapers - 1 item ID

The things you build are a pretty important part of minecraft

Advanced HUD lets you reposition, hide, and change the design style of the HUD elements. Not a live without mod, but I find it to be useful having my view unobstructed.

Flora and Soma adds lots of cool new plants (even in the nether) and new food (barley and berries). The leaves are based on 1.8 though so the redwoods can make things a bit laggy. This is one of my favorite mods. All of the InfiCraft stuff is cool, but I think this one adds the most in terms of visuals and usefulness.

Wallpaper is exactly what you think it is. No modpack should be without this. it's that awesome.

Frames and slopes are just another way to add to designs. They're not perfect but they add a whole new dimension to your architecture.

My Suggestions:

[Removals]

ComputerCraft - superfluous with RP computers and Steve's Carts/Railcraft.

Somnia - I think this one is more a matter of preference. I'd just rather make it day and wait for stuff.

Zeppelin - like somnia, I think it's a cool idea. It just doesn't work in a fashion that I like i.e. - falling to my doom while the thing is moving. Although I bet a few of the controller blocks could be useful if they could rotate on the vertical axis (windmills/waterwheels)

and I think I've already said my piece on Better Dungeons vs. Battle Towers.

[Additions]

Advanced HUD - 0 blocks

InfiCraft's Flora and Soma - Block IDs: 39

Super Slopes - 46 ID's

Timber Frames - 1 item ID

Wallpapers - 1 item ID

The things you build are a pretty important part of minecraft

Advanced HUD lets you reposition, hide, and change the design style of the HUD elements. Not a live without mod, but I find it to be useful having my view unobstructed.

Flora and Soma adds lots of cool new plants (even in the nether) and new food (barley and berries). The leaves are based on 1.8 though so the redwoods can make things a bit laggy. This is one of my favorite mods. All of the InfiCraft stuff is cool, but I think this one adds the most in terms of visuals and usefulness.

Wallpaper is exactly what you think it is. No modpack should be without this. it's that awesome.

Frames and slopes are just another way to add to designs. They're not perfect but they add a whole new dimension to your architecture.

Flora and Soma really interests me alot. Advanced HUD was experimented with on earlier builds of this (before i had a team) and it was a big lag pull on lower computers (my friends with bad computers) But with the help of my team it might go back in ;) Slopes is one I've been playing with also. But the part that brought it off the list is how many block ID's it takes. look at redpower microblocks. so little on the ID front. don't get me wrong I have the space for the ID's but. Idk it just feels like a sloppy mod. But this build was for the many that have not experienced these mods. as for the ones you say are preference are and all you have to do is go into the modloader and tell it no to those mods. As for battle towers I am waiting for 1.3 to do the next big changes. this one is just the start. But if you can talk to mDiyo about if he can reduce the number of ID's slopes takes. I would be ever so happy to add it as I personally love taking the game into creative mode and building some random giant ass awesome complex buildings with awesome factories hidden beneath just for fun! if he is able to update it in that way for patch 1.3 i will do 2 mod pack releases in 1.3 1 for my regular mod pack and then on the side i will add the creative stuff u mentioned in another pack. And as for the person who mentions IC2 addons I have BCIC2 Crossover, Power Converters, Compact Solars, and we are even looking at the option of adding the IC2 Nuclear Control! the modular forcefields addon sounds nice and all but i mean other than SMP it didnt sound interesting... if u can give me like a detailed reasoning on why it would be a good addition on ANY of those IC2 addons u mentioned I will consider them, but just from reading there forums posts ill be honest I wasnt drawn in. The others you mentioned just felt to complex for a basic minecraft player. but like i said. give me a valid argument and i will definitely consider

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons