My Mod Pack (Let me ask for permission from modders then try to sell it!)

punker180

That term is one of those "almost infinite" terms. There is no "kind of" "almost" "mostly" or "a little bit" incompatible. It's either compatible or it is not.

Better than wolves is incompatible with almost everything.

Let's be honest, here: A lot of mods have some small (sometimes resolvable) incompatibilities, but BTW bites Minecraft in half and chews it up to freshen its breath. "A bit incompatible" suddenly becomes a reasonable descriptor to describe everything -except- BTW.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, here: A lot of mods have some small (sometimes resolvable) incompatibilities, but BTW bites Minecraft in half and chews it up to freshen its breath. "A bit incompatible" suddenly becomes a reasonable descriptor to describe everything -except- BTW.

I wouldn't call those things "incompatible" though. I'd call them fiddly, difficult, obnoxious, or a number of other descriptors, but incompatible is pretty specific, and BTW is it.

Death Chest quite possible. No way not ever would I remove IC2 for flowerchilds cute little mod. simply put. no BTW = all the mods on my list. BTW = only acouple. the pack is to Show other mod lovers more possibilities with combinations of great mods. BTW was so boring and incompatible. IC2 is a big part of minecraft to me and I wouldnt change that for a mod that made me bored in an hour. Not to mention all the stuff Alblaka will be bringing into the mod! (SPACE)

<snip>

Okay, I agree, but I honestly think if I want to play a modpack with IC2 and BuildCraft and a bunch of other mods that a ton of modpacks have, I'll just play the Technic Pack, but I was just thinking you should release yourself from the crowd. By the way, Where can I download it?

PS: I would love a modpack with the More Pistons and Elemental Creepers mod, if you could get them to play nice with the other ones

Okay, I agree, but I honestly think if I want to play a modpack with IC2 and BuildCraft and a bunch of other mods that a ton of modpacks have, I'll just play the Technic Pack, but I was just thinking you should release yourself from the crowd. By the way, Where can I download it?

PS: I would love a modpack with the More Pistons and Elemental Creepers mod, if you could get them to play nice with the other ones

Yes mine has those but it has so much more than the basic. but I don't discourage playing technic. I love technic 2 hell I play it when I'm not working on this pack. currently there is no download link due to waiting on permissions. Technically speaking its ready for release now. bugs are all fixed (minus the ones that are on developers end because from there copyright legal stand point we can not modify there creations) It is ready (even with an installer) we are waiting on permission lol thats why we have this for suggestions at the moment. We are adding more because we have the availability lol. but until the last of the permissions are given we have to just sit on our hands...

You're not EVER gonna get the portal gun mod. The creator doesn't want anyone apart from AMCO to have it.

Ah, this old chestnut. Kind of like the snarky-nasty-stuckup line about modpacks on the Thaumcraft thread.

You're not EVER gonna get the portal gun mod. The creator doesn't want anyone apart from AMCO to have it.

Well if you were smart enough to read the whole thing I state in one of my posts on this thread. Some mods in the pack on the minecraft forums they state that they dont allow any more modpacks or some dont allow them at all. but I still bothered to ask because all my team and I are trying to do is release this for the community. No profit. No claiming anything as ours. Just to help out fellow Minecraft players. So if you cant read dont post. read very carefully next time.

K so now I've got a question for the technic forums people. I'm using the old technic installer. and if I were to just simply make the mods I dont have permission on unchecked in the installer so the user has to manually click the check box if they would like that mod, would that make it legal? (because several authors refuse to even write back and the mod pack is ready for release and has been so for awhile)

K so now I've got a question for the technic forums people. I'm using the old technic installer. and if I were to just simply make the mods I dont have permission on unchecked in the installer so the user has to manually click the check box if they would like that mod, would that make it legal? (because several authors refuse to even write back and the mod pack is ready for release and has been so for awhile)

That's a very complex topic. Do they all download from the same place, or do you have the launcher downloading from the mod authors directory?

That's a very complex topic. Do they all download from the same place, or do you have the launcher downloading from the mod authors directory?

All the mods will be in the download for the mod pack (just like oldschool technic launcher) but they will be unchecked on install page. if you go all the way through install just hitting next you will miss out on the mods without permission. but if u click there check boxes you will get all the mods listed on OP

All the mods will be in the download for the mod pack (just like oldschool technic launcher) but they will be unchecked on install page. if you go all the way through install just hitting next you will miss out on the mods without permission. but if u click there check boxes you will get all the mods listed on OP

Yeah, but where will the installer be getting them from?

So in other words the mods have to be downloaded from there mod authors using the installer for it to work out?

As i understand it, that's the only way to get around the complaint about distribution. The question about whether the complaint is legitimate is an entirely different topic.

As i understand it, that's the only way to get around the complaint about distribution. The question about whether the complaint is legitimate is an entirely different topic.

Hm. dropbox and direct downloads are one thing the trick is figuring out how to get it to download adfly links and all that... hmmmm.

Wow, amazing, man! Is there / will there be any download in the future?

-esgnrjnjgu

first plz to sign your post (even if thats not a real name or i just cant pronounce it)

and second we are working on a download just need to figure a way with all these permissions. the pack is ready to go it just needs a legal way of distribution. But to be honest its looking like we have to go oldschool technic on it >.<

first plz to sign your post (even if thats not a real name or i just cant pronounce it)

and second we are working on a download just need to figure a way with all these permissions. the pack is ready to go it just needs a legal way of distribution. But to be honest its looking like we have to go oldschool technic on it >.<

Oops, I shouldve signed it with A. I use esgnrjnjgu on many other websites and that's why I accidently signed with that name (no, it's not a foreign language; I couldn't think of a good name so I pressed random keys on my keyboard. Thus "esgnrjnjgu" was born.

On-topic: looking forward to the download and future updates. Your modpack sounds really amazing.

Oops, I shouldve signed it with A. I use esgnrjnjgu on many other websites and that's why I accidently signed with that name (no, it's not a foreign language; I couldn't think of a good name so I pressed random keys on my keyboard. Thus "esgnrjnjgu" was born.

No, do not sign your posts with anything. It's unnecessary, and against the forum rules.

No, do not sign your posts with anything. It's unnecessary, and against the forum rules.

Why would that be against the rules?

btw I might still accidentally sign my posts because I'm so used to it :)

Why would that be against the rules?

btw I might still accidentally sign my posts because I'm so used to it :)

It's against the rules because it is dumb and unnecessary.

Do not sign your posts. Repeated post signing often results in kellering.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons