What mods I would like to see in Tekkit

NeoWolf

Yes, true, I know that :) . But after the FPS stabilizes, it has an average. This average is a little lower with the mods than without, or so it seems so far :) .

Can you do a simple test? Make a new Creative world with the Superflat mode and the redstone ready preset? How's your FPS there?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i would like to see some magic, not a lot, but a little

Ars Magica or Thaumcraft would be what I wanna see in a new update

I think these to are intended to use in Hexxit, not Tekkit although there should be an all-them-mods pack on our platform.

Edited by bochen415

Can you do a simple test? Make a new Creative world with the Superflat mode and the redstone ready preset? How's your FPS there?

I made the test with Superflat, but without the redstone ready preset, because I didn't know how to use it (I always play survival). The results are 40-55 FPS to both playing with and without the mods, so I guess the FPS drop in my survival world must be caused by something else. So, good news, the new mods can be added to Tekkit :)

Glad to hear it.

I have a challenge for tekkit... Add the Skyblock companion mod, download the original skyblock map by Noobcrew and start (falling).

Edit: remember to set

B:"sieve automation allowed"=true

in config/crowley.skyblock.cfg to allow autonomous activator usage.

Now I've done it. I'm starting Sky Factory.... or better Clouds of Darkness...

Edited by bochen415

RAM is the very thing that people usually just call memory.

With a shitload of mods (as Simon would probably put it), RAM usage can become rather immense. But any half-decent machine has 8 GiB these days, 6 of which should be usable at the very least for a game. I ran the current FTB Monster (184 mods) fine on my 8 GiB machine.

What bochen actually meant was that the Technic Launcher should have enough variety that people won't even need to look at the competition. Which would normally include a featured sandwich-with-everything pack. The problem is, somebody needs to maintain it.

Edited by Curunir

I'd like to see Open Blocks and Chisel. The building possibilities of Chisel and Carpenter's blocks combined are incredible.

I don't like Mekanism, as its fairly redundant with TE plus the art style of the textures is so out of place in Minecraft, and I don't think a biome mod is necessary, the 1.7 terrain overhaul really worked wonders.

Yogscast complete pack, it's on the ATLauncher & has nearly every mod. I tried playing it the other day, after a minute or 2, it crashed on

loading screen :(. Either need more RAM or memory, possibly both.

RAM is memory :P Edited by dwwojcik

The redundance between TE and Mekanism may be true, but I chiefly want Mekanism for the personal gear it provides. The hydrogen-powered jetpack is a nice alternative to Simply Jetpacks, and the other functional armour pieces together make for a good replacement to MPS. Which needs replacement or an overhaul, imo. As for out-of-place textures, we have been suffering from that with MPS for a long time now anyway, and people are probably used to it.

And agreed on the unnecessary biome mods. O'Plenty has some nice details, but does not deliver much when you take its resource cost into consideration. I have also been annoyed by GeoStrata, which will give you major headaches in early-game quarrying - unless you void-pipe all the stuff. Its decorative uses are also vastly outdone by Chisel.

I'd like to see railcraft added back in.

Like forestry, this ain't happening because of past drama created by the author.

Covert talked smack about this place while it was in and bailed the instant FTB was launched, flipping us the bird on his way out. Frankly the only way I'd see it coming back to tekkit is if covert open sourced it and made the permissions drama a moot point.

Railcraft was taken out at the request of the mod author. I think you'll need to convince him first.

This one I am curious about. Care to elaborate?

I didn't find any info here and here about this, only this below but this is normal and heavily used by mod authors.

• If you are using the Technic Pack, you will have to go ask them if you have issues. I don't offer support for Technic Pack users.

Edit: Holy $%#@@#$$%. I >found it. I think this applies only to Tekkit Lite...

Edit2: I always wondered about the permissions list in public packs here.. I'm bad at searching but I cannot find one...

Edited by bochen415

• Moderators

Edit: Holy $%#@@#$$%. I >found it. I think this applies only to Tekkit Lite...

Edit2: I always wondered about the permissions list in public packs here.. I'm bad at searching but I cannot find one...

1) Railcraft wont be added in any present or future technic packs. Covert made his point clear on that

2) there is no list. It's nobodies business on who has permission to use what. It's a personal agreement between technic and mod devs.

I would like to see:

any furniture mod

any multiblock liquid and power storage

some kind of mod that improves towny and make it compatible with galacticraft because there are problems with that on the server I use(if something like that exists)

any transport mod with things like planes, cars, trains or boats

any cctv and security mod

and just maybe: starmade?

yea, that is all I can think of right now. I'll post IF I can think of more.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to make a little necro here. Hope the staff doesn't mind.

While TE ducts for 1.7.10 will not be here soon I would like to propose EnderIO as the new king of pipes for upcoming tekkit releases. Hell, if direwolf20 will have them why we shouldn't?

• 3 months later...

I shall recap and update my thoughts here briefly, as there is a chance that IskanDar at least has a look at this. So rise from the grave, dusty thread, and shamble onwards!

Tinker's Construct + Iguana's Tweaks:

I have seen The Light after using it with Iguana's Tweaks once (ironically, in IskanDar's own Crash Landing). Ever since, I am an avid TiC user and have pretty much mastered it. Definitely nice to have, with Iguana's Tweaks, as you also have the option to "Flux" tools and effectively have them run on RF.

Natura:

One biome mod should be included, and I would prefer Natura to be that mod. BoP is nice, but too heavy. Giant Redwoods for teh win.

Mekanism:

Having used this extensively, I am quite convinced that no self-respecting tech pack can go without it. Nerf stuff if you must, but I actually think that this is not even necessary.

Ender IO:

The king and queen of conduits - for those alone, it needs to be in any tech pack. Seriously, this is two classes above and beyond any other mod that has conduits. Also has multi-block power storage with useful monitoring tools, and Dimensional Transceivers, which are the love child of a Tesseract and Chuck Norris. You will refuse to ever use Tesseracts again once you had DTs. Also has an MPS equivalent built in, because why not?

Chisel 2:

The king is dead, long live the king. I recently tried out Chisel 2, and it's about twice as awesome as the original. Mostly because of the new custom block variants, but also because it works practically without bugs here, although I wrangled it a damn lot.

Pam's Harvestcraft:

I am rather fond of this little garden and kitchen mod. It adds as much variety as BoP would, but not on biome-level. Instead, you get dozens of fruit trees and around one hundred different field crops. Also, menus worthy of a classy restaurant to craft from all this. It may not be tech, but come on, you need a few purposes to use all that tech on.

Needs a small fixing mod to become compatible with MFR machines, but works like a charm when that is applied.

Thaumcraft:

Yes, it's magic and not tech. But of all magic mods, Thaumcraft seems to be the one with the most "scientific" mindset - also has an underlying "mad scientist wizard" theme and tie-in mods that integrate closer with tech stuff. Also, I invoke Mystcraft being included in 1.6.4-based Tekkit as precedent.

Edited by Curunir

I would add a couple:

Addons for Thaumcraft (Thaumic Tinkerer especially, but also possibly Automagy/Technomancy):

These turn Thaumcraft a bit more toward a tech mod.  Obviously, it's still not one, but...

OpenBlocks:

There are a few things in here that are just useful.  I'm guessing it's already on the list to go in, though.

SecretRooms:

Because reasons.

Who knows?  The pack will probably be a work in progress, and the architect may have other ideas for its direction.  There are so many mods available that I would think it would be impossible to completely please everyone when it came to what was included.