Oooooooold games

Lintrezza

Hey guys,

So recently I've been downloading and playing MS-DOS games, I don't know why, I just have. I've found a few that are pretty fun, X-COM, The Incredible Machine, and Oregon Trail for example. But I want more. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good MS-DOS game to download?

I find myself unable to play old DOS games. I never was a PC gamer, sticking to the NES really. Old Mac games, though, there I was: Particular favourites were Odyssey: Legend of Nemesis, and Moonbase. SimLife, too; Actually used that one in class, so I got a free copy from school.

On the other hand, that's frickin' amazing, your collection.

No no, I don't mean technically unable; I mean psychologically unable. I tried to play Arena and Daggerfall and just couldn't do it.

For some reason, I am comfortable only with very old or very new graphics, meaning I can play old Gameboy or NES games (and even monochromatic C64 games), and I can play new games with full 3D-shiny, but stuff in-between, like DOS games and Playstation games, I just feel ooky with.

Oh god... I'm about to play Earthworm Jim... This is gonna be a blast from the friggin past!

I've always found PC games better than consoles (And Macs >:D). I haven't had much experience with any really old consoles, so I wouldn't know much about what that's like.

On the other hand, that's frickin' amazing, your collection.

I agree with you there, it's pretty bloody awesome

No no, I don't mean technically unable; I mean psychologically unable. I tried to play Arena and Daggerfall and just couldn't do it.

For some reason, I am comfortable only with very old or very new graphics, meaning I can play old Gameboy or NES games (and even monochromatic C64 games), and I can play new games with full 3D-shiny, but stuff in-between, like DOS games and Playstation games, I just feel ooky with.

Then you want to check out one must fall or kings quest 5. original wolfenstein is a lot of fun too.

If you're feeling brave, betrayal at krondor. shit is ridiculous. I remember it getting released. I was excited cuz the graphics were awesome and the game was so huge.

I was just about to sleep, and then I found this. *shakes fist* Thou shalt pay for thine's misfortune.

you've got a lifetime of DOS games to play. you won't have time. unless you skip the emulator and play them all in superfast mode.

Perhaps one of you could aid me in an endevour to find one of my childhood games, I don't believe it was a dos game, but It could have been.

You were a scientist, whom of which collected treasure throughout levels, not a crazy scientist, but I believe one with big glasses. Each level was drastically different, and had some sort of platforming with it, the first level you start in a city, with some sort of planes, or UFOs flying bye, then you descend in to wat looks like a mine, with one goon and a minecart going back and forth along the bottom. Your goal, is to fall at the right moment, into the minecart, where you will then sucktion cup onto the ceiling, waiting for the minecart to pass, then jumping down, receiving the treasure at the end of the tunnel, and going back to the plate where you shall suction cup up, and wait for the minecart to pass in the other direction, where you shall then drop down, and run past to the other side. Lastly, there was a door near the middle right, where you would tally your findings, and then proceed.

Perhaps one of you could aid me in an endevour to find one of my childhood games, I don't believe it was a dos game, but It could have been.

You were a scientist, whom of which collected treasure throughout levels, not a crazy scientist, but I believe one with big glasses. Each level was drastically different, and had some sort of platforming with it, the first level you start in a city, with some sort of planes, or UFOs flying bye, then you descend in to wat looks like a mine, with one goon and a minecart going back and forth along the bottom. Your goal, is to fall at the right moment, into the minecart, where you will then sucktion cup onto the ceiling, waiting for the minecart to pass, then jumping down, receiving the treasure at the end of the tunnel, and going back to the plate where you shall suction cup up, and wait for the minecart to pass in the other direction, where you shall then drop down, and run past to the other side. Lastly, there was a door near the middle right, where you would tally your findings, and then proceed.

cosmo001.jpg

Beneath a Steel Sky? It's a vm game but not sure if for DOS...

It's a point-n-click game with epic grafx but no save feature (was playing, almost finished the game and then I had to go home from school >.<)

- the Gobli(ii)ns Series

- Syndicate

- the Epic Megagames and Apogee Platformers

- Wing Commander Privateer

- Lost Vikings

- all the Lucas Arts Adventures

One must fall 2097 really is awesome, I think I played nothing else for months at that time...

You like old games? Primitive forms of bowling have been around for 2 millenia. The graphics are okay, but a couple of the main items just tend to look like balls. Worth it though.

I applaud your use of historical facts and puns.

This thread just hilights even more how awful and draconic the situation with Diablo III is. Since I got it for free, decided to play a little tonight...singleplayer...so when I get through the queue to log into singleplayer, it's as laggy as a 5 tps Minecraft server...and disconnects me...and then I start rubberbanding every 3-5 seconds...

The only DRM -that- bad is Minecraft's, and even Minecraft's DRM locks you out of multiplayer only.

I want to go back to the world of Erus's list, where companies couldn't just fuck over their customers and still do fine. :-(