CoreProtect - Perfect AntiGrief Solution for Tekkit Servers!

Well, I tried running core protect on my server for a while, worked well untill I started to get server crashing errors due to coreprotect. I started a ticket for the issues w/ a log of the errors i kept getting on the bukkit site for coreprotect. plugin works great when it worked..... but when it started getting errors is was awful. even uninstalled deleteated prefs and data for core protect serveral times and errors kept coming back after reinstall.

I don't believe that CoreProtect rolls back pipes.

Edit: I've done a few tests with rollbacks, rollback will not rollback pipes. it will create ghost blocks though that you can see a small outline square, but they are not pipes. it also creates errors because the pipes couldn't be recreated.

• 1 month later...

CoreProtect 1.53 is out!

• Improved chest logging for Tekkit servers.
  • Fixed it so client mods can no longer interfere with chest logging.
  • Made it so the purge command now also purges logged chest data.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-admn-coreprotect-v1-5-fast-block-logging-rollbacks-now-with-worldedit-logging-1-2-5-r4.64297/

Might want to update this there is no more corepertect for tekkit 3.1.2 with bukkit 1.2.5

I have checked it! I've checked the 1.5 4.. The 1.54 seems to be working perfectly fine with it it just doesn't say it's compatible with 1.2 .5 great piece of work though that's for sure.

I am talking about latest update which you have not checked. 1.6 is working perfectly fine on 1.2.5.

I do not recommend this plugin, I suggest using hawkeye.

The in-game log querying for this plugin is very limited compared to others available. The mysql database design is the worst I have ever seen and makes out of game querying and rollbacks take ages on large databases due to it's strange double storage of player names and non-existent indexing. The field length for sign text is too short to handle the creator's own anti-injection code which escapes quotes, which causes a string truncation exception and so doesn't log the sign. He should be using parameterized queries instead which then negates that entire issue. He also extremely overuses runnables to do the asynchronous logging which creates large overhead by creating new threads for each log instead of just queueing them to be processed by a single thread.

All in all, Hawkeye is superior, it's much better coded, it has far better search functionality, both in-game and through the provided web interface, it's just a shame it's no longer actively developed.

I do not recommend this plugin, I suggest using hawkeye.

The in-game log querying for this plugin is very limited compared to others available. The mysql database design is the worst I have ever seen and makes out of game querying and rollbacks take ages on large databases due to it's strange double storage of player names and non-existent indexing. The field length for sign text is too short to handle the creator's own anti-injection code which escapes quotes, which causes a string truncation exception and so doesn't log the sign. He should be using parameterized queries instead which then negates that entire issue. He also extremely overuses runnables to do the asynchronous logging which creates large overhead by creating new threads for each log instead of just queueing them to be processed by a single thread.

All in all, Hawkeye is superior, it's much better coded, it has far better search functionality, both in-game and through the provided web interface, it's just a shame it's no longer actively developed.

If it isn't being updated, then how can it be better? At least Core-protect is being updated still! On other thing, does hawkeye bring back tekkit stuff to? thanks

If it isn't being updated, then how can it be better? At least Core-protect is being updated still! On other thing, does hawkeye bring back tekkit stuff to? thanks

The majority of the flaws with core protect are down to lack of knowledge on the creators part, so unless they hire a new developer any time soon I don't see any of those issues being addressed. Hawkeye has none of those issues, it does have a few issues of it's own most if not all of which have fixes posted on their github, and none as monumental as an unusable mysql backend. So the fact it is not actively updated any more is a non-issue until tekkit upgrades to the next minecraft version, at which point the choice of logging plugins is increased anyway.

And yes, hawkeye does rollback all tekkit blocks except microblocks and pipes, same as core protect.

The majority of the flaws with core protect are down to lack of knowledge on the creators part, so unless they hire a new developer any time soon I don't see any of those issues being addressed. Hawkeye has none of those issues, it does have a few issues of it's own most if not all of which have fixes posted on their github, and none as monumental as an unusable mysql backend. So the fact it is not actively updated any more is a non-issue until tekkit upgrades to the next minecraft version, at which point the choice of logging plugins is increased anyway.

And yes, hawkeye does rollback all tekkit blocks except microblocks and pipes, same as core protect.

What do you think about hawkeye reloaded?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/hawkeye-reload/

Not compatible

I just tried doing a rollback and got a lot of these errors regarding Industrial Craft items not being rolled back:

[iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityGenerator@1396126 (55,47,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

Other items did roll back fine. I'm a CoreProtect noob so any info is appreciated as to why the IC2 items didn't roll back and what I can do to make sure they do roll back in future. Thanks.

Updated first post.

@Bangers

Did CP post any errors? What kind of IC2 items you tried to RB?

It didn't. I'll give you the full log from the rollback attempt:

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityGenerator@1396126 (55,47,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityElectricBatBox@191e02 (55,46,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityMacerator@1014698 (55,45,-220) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityElectricBatBox@c1ade0 (55,44,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@17e83e1 (55,46,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@1045293 (55,45,-221) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@c95658 (55,44,-220) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@43c98e (55,44,-219) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityMacerator@65c751 (55,45,-219) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@ac96 (55,44,-219) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityMacerator@42abda (55,45,-219) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityCable@1208be9 (55,44,-218) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

2012-10-23 16:44:47 [iNFO] [iC2] ic2.common.TileEntityElecFurnace@1c1958e (55,45,-218) was not added, isInvalid=true, worldObj=net.minecraft.server.WorldServer@9b643d

Sorry and I've got another, more important problem now. I believe someone's Steam Engines exploded, but the explosion was stopped (by Essentials?). It started causing lag in the area and eventually crashed the server. Using /co inspect in that 'blast' area caused severe lag. I managed to fix it by overwriting that part of the log using worldedit to create and then remove a large block of stone covering the supposed blast area.

2012-10-25 04:58:19 [sEVERE] Could not pass event EntityExplodeEvent to CoreProtect

org.bukkit.event.EventException

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:482)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.Explosion.a(Explosion.java:202)

at net.minecraft.server.World.createExplosion(World.java:1565)

at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:245)

at net.minecraft.server.World.explode(World.java:1557)

at buildcraft.energy.Engine.addEnergy(Engine.java:90)

at buildcraft.energy.EngineStone.burn(EngineStone.java:66)

at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:158)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)

at aux.aux.aux.AUx.Code(CoreProtectionEntityListener.java:157)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)

... 14 more

There were far more, including BlockBreakEvent and BlockFromToEvent.

• 1 year later...

So how can i rollback quarry grief with coreprotection?

this is how my congif looks like

If enabled, CoreProtect will check for updates when your server starts up.

# If an update is available, you'll be notified via your server console.

check-updates: true

# If enabled, other plugins will be able to utilize the CoreProtect API.

api-enabled: true

# If no radius is specified in a rollback or restore, this value will be

# used as the radius. Set to "0" to disable automatically adding a radius.

default-radius: 10

# The maximum radius that can be used in a command. Set to "0" to disable.

# To run a rollback or restore without a radius, you can use "r:#global".

max-radius: 100

# If enabled, items taken from containers (etc) will be included in rollbacks.

rollback-items: true

# If enabled, entities, such as killed animals, will be included in rollbacks.

rollback-entities: true

# If enabled, generic data, like zombies burning in daylight, won't be logged.

skip-generic-data: true

# Logs blocks placed by players.

block-place: true

# Logs blocks broken by players.

block-break: true

# Logs blocks that break off of other blocks; for example, a sign or torch

# falling off of a dirt block that a player breaks. This is required for

# beds/doors to properly rollback.

natural-break: true

# Properly track block movement, such as sand or gravel falling.

block-movement: true

# Properly track blocks moved by pistons.

pistons: true

# Logs blocks that burn up in a fire.

block-burn: true

# Logs when a block naturally ignites, such as from fire spreading.

block-ignite: true

# Logs explosions, such as TNT and Creepers.

explosions: true

# Track when an entity changes a block, such as an Enderman destroying blocks.

entity-change: true

# Logs killed entities, such as killed cows and enderman.

entity-kills: true

# Logs text on signs. If disabled, signs will be blank when rolled back.

sign-text: true

# Logs lava and water sources placed/removed by players who are using buckets.

buckets: true

# Logs natural tree leaf decay.

leaf-decay: true

# Logs tree growth. Trees are linked to the player who planted the sappling.

tree-growth: false

# Logs mushroom growth.

mushroom-growth: true

# Logs natural vine growth.

vine-growth: true

# Logs when portals such as Nether portals generate naturally.

portals: true

# Logs water flow. If water destroys other blocks, such as torches,

# this allows it to be properly rolled back.

water-flow: false

# Logs lava flow. If lava destroys other blocks, such as torches,

# this allows it to be properly rolled back.

lava-flow: true

# Allows liquid to be properly tracked and linked to players.

# For example, if a player places water which flows and destroys torches,

# it can all be properly restored by rolling back that single player.

liquid-tracking: true

# Track item transactions, such as when a player takes items from a

# chest, furnace, or dispenser. Necessary for any item based rollbacks.

item-transactions: true

# Track player interactions, such as when a player opens a door, presses

# a button, or opens a chest. Player interactions can't be rolled back.

player-interactions: true

# Logs messages that players send in the chat.

player-messages: false

# Logs all commands used by players.

player-commands: true

# Logs the logins and logouts of players.

player-sessions: true

# Logs changes made via the plugin "WorldEdit" if it's in use on your server.

worldedit: false