Death trap ideas?

Skadoodle4e9

Even if it hadn't, do you have any idea how much damage you would have to do to someone to put a significant dent in their quantum chest plate, and how many EU it would use? It's a lot.

According to the outdated wiki, the tesla coil using EV was supposed to use up a whopping 1 million EU per zap. If the damage for tesla's was is calculated the same way as the resistance of the quantum armor well... I think it would be able to make noticeable damage. Obviously not an insta-kill, but still. But anyway, none of this matters, since the tesla coil got horribly nerved, apparently. D:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we had mystcraft in tekkit for the portals. All you would need to do is find some mystcraft crystals than build a sideways portal at the bottom of a pit trap. As for where the portal will link to, just create a void age. For a truly bottomless pit of doom that even a quantum suit will offer little protection from.

Personally the only way to beat quantum with a trap is to send them to the void as that 100 damage reduction and very large charge is just too powerful.

As for the tread hijack, simple a quantum suit with a ring of arcana and other EE power items on your hotbar.

If you saw Sjin's Top Ten Tekkit Technological Terrors, where he had a bore advance on an "annoying player who lost his stuff and wants a pick" then you probably have an exagerated idea of how dangerous one is. Also, make sure not to use a diamond drill head, or you'll wreck the trap.

And it works...

But you have to remove the philosophers stone, and place it back in each time. But that shouldn't be a problem for a sand trap.

This could be hidden under ground, someone is walking on dirt... it activates... down they go, and no requirement to use pistons to cover a wide area, just up the charge on the stone

(I only charged it once here).

15z2k49.png

If you've got the resources to waste and don't want it to be reusable, I present you:

Oh shoot it's a trap, no wait it isn't, that's odd. Wait, what's going on now? Oh no, nononononononononono.

Should take care of those pesky heptumsuiters too! In retrospect I should probably have made it push a couple nukes out of the floor for good measure :D

That's hilarious.

Unfortunately, fully charged quantumsuit would survive that. My friend told me recently that when we were experimenting with reactor explosions in creative, he'd switch to survival mode before the reactor went critical, with quantum armor equipped. I was none the wiser, I thought he was still in creative mode.

Quantum armor even half-charged makes you just straight-up invincible.

That's hilarious.

Unfortunately, fully charged quantumsuit would survive that. My friend told me recently that when we were experimenting with reactor explosions in creative, he'd switch to survival mode before the reactor went critical, with quantum armor equipped. I was none the wiser, I thought he was still in creative mode.

Quantum armor even half-charged makes you just straight-up invincible.

That is correct, only way to kill someone in quantum is to slowly whittle down their suits charge with a lot of damage over time. While preventing them from recharging it and it can take quite a while to make a noticeable dent in it.

Here is a idea create a long tunnel lined with reinforced stone leading around your base and make it look like your entrance. Now line that tunnel with Tesla coils hidden in the walls in order to kill any intruders. I wonder how long the tunnel needs to be to kill some one in quantum or to whittle down their charge low enough that another trap can kill them. For effect you can even add a minecart track to no where in the tunnel to make it look more realistic for a roller coaster of death theme.

I put the door against the wall, then put a lever on the other side (behind the sign) that gives it a constant signal, "opening" it so it closes the room. Since it's already receiving a signal, the other lever does nothing but fire off a single signal that starts the process of inevitable doom.