Death trap ideas?

Skadoodle4e9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest the 'remove-the-block-in-front-of-the-door-w/-a-piston-so-they-fall-into-lava' trap, but that's not something you need from the mods in Tekkit to do.

I don't know exactly what all the stuff in tekkit is, nor what some of the stuff does, but could you make a deployer full of lava dump it on someone who steps on a pressure plate?

Theoretical:

Piston pull block drop into a 1x1x2tall hole made of obsidian.

Point a RP2 deployer at each of the blocks that make the cage and one more to cover the top. Keep them filled

Use a timer to trigger them all as quickly as possible, starting as soon as someone falls into the trap.

Run uninsulated HV cable next to it (only need 1 or 2 sections really), fed by a couple MFSU's or a MK5 reactor, voltage stepped up to max.

Enjoy.

If the sound of 10 deployers triggering 5 times a second doesn't kill em, the HV leakage will.

Yes, I am evil.

The Oubliette of death:

standard 1x1 falling trap. Except the walls at the bottom two level are dispensers full of musket balls. the player lands on a pressure plate, turning on clocks set to run fast, wired up to the dispensers.

This will kill anything short of quantum.

There are only few ways to kill, but so many ways to have fun doing it. These are all quite cool, though I intended that ideas for a setup of the trap could be shared, as I think that that is the most fun part of a trap.

For instance, my friend once build a trap where the victim was locked in a small, obsidian room with a sand floor. In it was a sign: Who has hit the most home-runs in MLB history? (He's a huge baseball buff) There were three levers labelled with various players' names. If one of the incorrect ones were picked, the sand fell, and the victim died a death of cacti-poking.

My favorite thing to do is let the victim have a second or two to think, "Oh, fuck." One of my favorites was a room that had a descending suffocation ceiling, and the pistons were on timers so that the ceiling started at one end, and death quickly approached the victim.

And Jay?, I read your thread on trying to kill someone with Quantum. Quite a hilariously unsolvable dilemma, that.

Iirc, the IC2 miner has a bug that will cause it to remove bedrock, and if it's not been fixed, you can use that. They'll just fall forever until they're forced to suicide by taking off the quantum chestplate (I wonder if it's possible to disable that...).

How about falling into the void? (If we can find a bug from the mods that can delete bedrock)

They're bound to die. (Eventually, mwuahahaha)

I doubt it, I fell 27,000 blocks into the void with quantum with no ill effects.

I've done railway boobytraps in the past, pistons that remove an entire 3x2 section of floor under the rails that covered a huge pit. Triggered by a detector rail. The circuit then sabotages itself by flooding the room with lava.

Had other ideas involving huge stacks of gravel or cobble generators to create walls that self repair. That and stations where the cart dispenser button is wired to to TNT.

• 2 months later...

Try a piston trap that will make them fall into a 1x1 pit, with a pressure plate at the bottom, rigged to

1. Self destruct immediatly by breaking the block beneath it.

2. Activate an electrified force-field trap (make a 2 second delay between hitting the plate and activating the field).

The block on which the pressure plate rests should be directly above a large pit, and, while they're still falling, the force field will activate, and they will be stuck inside, getting zapped constantly. It should eventualy kill even a quantum armored player, provided it's powered using a renewable power source.

Sorry for rezzing a two month dead thread, but I really couldn't resist.

D: I can't believe that nobody suggested tesla coils!

Place a pressure plate, a redstone under the block the plate is on, tesla coil aside the redstone, wire the tesla coil to a HV transformer with a redstone signal so the coil receives a EV signal. There, you can insta kill anyone who touches this plate with a zap of deadly electricity. I think it may even damage noticeably the charge of someone in quantum armor.

D: I can't believe that nobody suggested tesla coils!

Place a pressure plate, a redstone under the block the plate is on, tesla coil aside the redstone, wire the tesla coil to a HV transformer with a redstone signal so the coil receives a EV signal. There, you can insta kill anyone who touches this plate with a zap of deadly electricity. I think it may even damage noticeably the charge of someone in quantum armor.

Coils are single-charge now. Each does 10 hearts of damage to an unarmored target. They won't even touch someone in quantum.

Coils are single-charge now. Each does 10 hearts of damage to an unarmored target. They won't even touch someone in quantum.

What? Did the Technic Wiki fool me once again? Damn, eternally outdated source of information, my nemesis!

What? Did the Technic Wiki fool me once again? Damn, eternally outdated source of information, my nemesis!

Even if it hadn't, do you have any idea how much damage you would have to do to someone to put a significant dent in their quantum chest plate, and how many EU it would use? It's a lot.