Thaumcraft comes with exploits that can cause severe problems in multiplayer

Naturam

Lets do the basics first.

Thaumcraft is based around a unit of energy known as "vis" Vis in Thaumcraft can be used for many things. Among them make powerful weapons, even grenades that when thrown inflicts massive damage on everything in the area. These things are made with common materials and vis.

It also comes with a machine known as a Thaumic Duplicator. Its uses vis as fuel to duplicate items in the game. This works on nearly all items in the game plus items that come with other mods. It can for example duplicate uranium.

Thaumcraft also comes with a machine known as a Vis Condenser. Which is a zero maintenance machine that creates vis crystals which can be turned into large amounts of vis. This machine is made using gold, obsidian, stone and a vis crystal and requires no maintenance or fuel. It just sits there making free vis crystals all day long and its made to work with buildcraft pipes to transport the crystals

So once you build a Vis Condenser it creates vis crystals which you can then use to build more Vis Condensers. As you build more you get a steady supply of vis crystals that can be turned into vis and then the vis can be used to duplicate pretty much anything you want like uranium or diamonds or ender eyes or metals.

This is a self-sufficient infinite energy machine that just sits and creates whatever the owner wants in any quantity the owner wants just by standing around. Be it uranium for power or nukes or diamonds for weapons and armor and considering how cheap they are to build and the fact that the more you have the faster you can build even more just by duplicating the materials. The end result is that any player that builds 40-60 of these can essentially get all the stuff in the game they want for free in infinite amounts without any work.

Even without the duplicator the "Stabilized Arcane Singularity" is a grenade created using 1 glowstone, 1 coal and then vis. When thrown the grenade draws all creatures and players nearby towards it. Does massive damage to them and creates a crater double the size of tnt. These can be mass produces with ease thanks to the vis condenser and the grenades stack high and can be thrown very quickly, causing enormous devastation in a few seconds.

• Forum Administrators

Hey guy. Whats up?

Just wondering if you were aware that Thaumcraft isn't a multiplayer mod. 'Cause it isn't. Equivalent Exchange is and has all manner of infinite energy loops.

Still though, just letting you know!

Tekkit doesn't have it's own launcher.

Technic and Tekkit share a launcher.

Thaumcraft is in Technic.

I don't think they would include non-SMP mods in the Tekkit setup, since it's intended primarily for SMP while Technic is for SSP.

• Forum Administrators

The tekkit client download is the technic launcher.

But it isn't?

Technic Launcher is just a launcher. You run it, from there you select Technic, Tekkit, Vanilla or YogBox (Tekkit and YogBox are disabled currently). The Tekkit client is just a modpack that the Launcher runs. You get a folder .techniclauncher, and in there you have a technicspp, tekkit, yogbox, and vanilla folder which has all the packages files in it.

I've got to say, I am insanely confused because this thread is bizarre.

Tekkit and YogBox are disabled currently)

That might explain a bit. I figured that when I downloaded and installed Tekkit from the tekkit link on the tekkit page. That when I ran it I would be running tekkit. Not a different pack and then be declared confused because I thought I had downloaded Tekkit.

But it isn't? lABKc.gif

Technic Launcher is just a launcher. You run it, from there you select Technic, Tekkit, Vanilla or YogBox (Tekkit and YogBox are disabled currently). The Tekkit client is just a modpack that the Launcher runs. You get a folder .techniclauncher, and in there you have a technicspp, tekkit, yogbox, and vanilla folder which has all the packages files in it.

I've got to say, I am insanely confused because this thread is bizarre.

I believe he was referring to the Tekkit Client download link on the Tekkit page, which downloads the launcher.

• Forum Administrators

I believe he was referring to the Tekkit Client download link on the Tekkit page, which downloads the launcher.

Ah, yeah we just simply made the links to the launcher instead of the old-style way of the installers. We still will have the server download so the separate page still has its place, so the client links just go to the launcher. Whew! Well we have that figured out.

Well this is of no use to me what so ever then. I figured I'd download and try out tekkit so I knew what I was in for when the server software is released but now I got no idea what it will contain.

I had a feeling it was too good to be true when I saw it had mocreatures.

Equivalent Exchange is based around a unit of energy known as "EMC". EMC in Equivalent Exchange can be used for many things. Among them make powerful weapons, even items that when you yawn inflicts massive damage on everything in the area. These things are made with nothing but EMC.

It also comes with a machine known as a Condensor. Its uses EMC as fuel to duplicate items in the game. This works on nearly all items in the game plus items that come with other mods. It can for example duplicate diamonds.

EE also comes with a machine known as a Collector. Which is a zero maintenance machine that creates EMC which can be turned into large amounts of anything. This machine is made using diamond, glowstone, furnace and glass and requires no maintenance or fuel. It just sits there making free EMC all day long and its made to work with Klein Stars to transport the EMC.

So once you build a Collector it creates EMC which you can then use to build more Collectors. As you build more you get a steady supply of EMC that can be turned into anything and then the anything can be used to duplicate pretty much anything you want like Dark Matter or diamonds or ender eyes or metals.

This is a self-sufficient infinite energy machine that just sits and creates whatever the owner wants in any quantity the owner wants just by standing around. Be it Dark Matter Weapons for power or griefing or diamonds for weapons and armor and considering how cheap they are to build and the fact that the more you have the faster you can build even more just by duplicating the materials. The end result is that any player that builds 40-60 of these can essentially get all the stuff in the game they want for free in infinite amounts without any work.

Even without the duplicator the "Destruction Catalyst" is a reusable AoE grief-anything-tool created using EMC (why use anything else?). When right clicked the catalyst creates a massive 3x3x16 hole quadruple the size of tnt. These can be recharged with ease thanks to the Collector and the catalyst can be clicked very quickly, causing enormous devastation in a few seconds.

Oh, also everything is "equivalently exchanged" so you don't have to worry about managing vis like that overpowered Thaumcraft mod.

Industrialcraf comes with exploits that can cause severe problems in multiplayer

Lets do the basics first... <snip>

Industrialcraft is based around a unit of energy know as "energy units" Energy units in Industrialcraft can be used to power machines. Among them make powered tools, even lasers that when shot inflicts flames on whatever it hits. These things are made with combinations of common materials and energy units.

It also comes with a machine known as a Mass Fabricator. Which is a zero maintenance machine that creates uu-matter which can be turned into large amounts of diamonds. This machine is made using rubber, coal, copper, tin, iron, lapis lazuli, redstone, glowstone, and diamond and requires no maintenance, just energy units

In technic is a block called a "Geothermal Generator Mk. II" as long as it is supplied with lava, it will create energy units. Any player that builds 205 of these can have a mass fabricator working at full speed, with some more you can power the pumps that feed lava into them and the recyclers turning stuff into scrap to make the mass fabricator even faster.

With all these together, you can make 5 diamonds every 3 minutes, as long as you have a supply of lava. In the nether is near infinite supply of lava.

So once you get this setup in the nether it creates uu-matter which you can use to build more Mass Fabricators. As you build more you get a steady supply of uu-matter that can be turned into uranium which can be used to get even more energy to self-power mass fabricators. Once you get enough the uu-matter can be used to create pretty much anything you want

This is a self-sufficient infinite matter and energy machine that just sits and creates whatever the owner wants in any quantity the owner wants just by standing around. Be it uranium for power or nukes or diamonds for weapons and armor and considering how cheap they are to build and the fact that the more you have the faster you can build even more just by duplicating the materials. The end result is that any player that builds enough of these can essentially get all the stuff in the game they want for free in infinite amounts without any work.

Even without the mass fabricator the "Mining Laser" is a laser beam created using 12 copper, 24 tin, 12 iron, 17 redstone and 2 diamonds and then energy units. When fire the mining laser catches all creatures and players on fire. Does massive damage to them and creates a crater depending on what size it's set to. These can be fired with no cooldown and the energy to power them can be mass produces with ease thanks to the mass fabricator and the mining laser has no durability and can be shot very quickly, causing enormous devastation in a few seconds.

Re: Industrialcraf comes with exploits that can cause severe problems in multiplayer

Industrialcraft is based around a unit of energy know as "energy uni*snip*

tl;dr

Wow you spent a surprisingly large amount of effort trolling this thread ;D

Anyway since thaumcraft as is, wont be in tekkit then I don't see any problems anymore. But feel free to keep trolling this abandoned thread.

• Forum Administrators

Re: Industrialcraf comes with exploits that can cause severe problems in multiplayer

tl;dr

Wow you spent a surprisingly large amount of effort trolling this thread ;D

Anyway since thaumcraft as is, wont be in tekkit then I don't see any problems anymore. But feel free to keep trolling this abandoned thread.

The point people are making is that your criticisms for Thaumcraft are kind of silly in light of EE, or Industrial Craft, or heck even Forestry. If you don't like the idea of these mods then you either run your own server and turn them off, play on a server that has them off, or don't play SMP with other people. We're not aiming to 'balance' the game for people because that is up to them how THEY want to play, not us. Just because you don't want Thaumcraft doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Are we to remove Thaumcraft just because you don't like it? Why can't you just shut it off and let everyone else play with it? Net effect is they have fun like they want, and you aren't bothered.

Unless I am missing something here.

The point people are making is that your criticisms for Thaumcraft are kind of silly in light of EE, or Industrial Craft, or heck even Forestry. If you don't like the idea of these mods then you either run your own server and turn them off, play on a server that has them off, or don't play SMP with other people. We're not aiming to 'balance' the game for people because that is up to them how THEY want to play, not us. Just because you don't want Thaumcraft doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Are we to remove Thaumcraft just because you don't like it? Why can't you just shut it off and let everyone else play with it? Net effect is they have fun like they want, and you aren't bothered.

Unless I am missing something here.

Thaumcraft as is. Is a lot more unbalanced than anything IC or BC can do though. yes UU matter can be used to create some things. Not even a lot of things but some things. It used to be able to make uranium but that recipe was removed for the very reason that it was unbalanced. It can make diamonds at the cost of some 9 million power (2-3 uranium worth depending on reactor design) or you can do it with 288 scrap and 1.4 million power (36 stacks of recycled materials) Which is a lot of work and resources. Sure there's room for a bit of tweaking there in my opinion but Thaumcraft is unbalanced to the point of game breaking in a multiplayer setting and the fact that technic pack is downloaded from the tekkit link made it a reasonable concern of the effects thaumcraft would have in a future MP release.

Personally I suggest taking down the tekkit client download link to not give the impression that its tekkit people are downloading. That the mod says "technic" in the banner of the launcher makes little difference since this is the first iteration of the launcher and people have not seen it or used it with tekkit and the fact that its downloaded from "technicpack.net" makes it even more confusing.

The even more fun part is, using EE & Thaumcraft in combination to increase the gain of Diamonds even further: Feed Obsidian to the Thaumcraft crucibles and duplicate diamonds, which you exchange with EE into a lot of Obsidian. That is about 100 times faster then waiting for EE to collect enaugh EMC. Cause EE takes a lot of time to get that so far that you can mass produce diamonds. In singleplayer thats ok, cause both mods are just fine to try everything out. And even with both mods its a lot of work to your first nuclear reactor.

But yea, in multiplayer it would mess up the whole economy.