Thaumcraft comes with exploits that can cause severe problems in multiplayer

Naturam

Becoming a moderator was a total surprise made in Kaker's judgement. Un-becoming a moderator will also be a total surprise made in Kaker's judgement. And I'm OK with that.

But back to the topic at hand, I think it honestly depends what kind of SMP server you're trying to create. If you're trying to create one dependent on trade and community-building, then sure EE/Thaumcraft/IC2 can conceivably wreck that. However, if a server is being run in a more "free for all" or is just so unpopulated it's hard to get any trade going (and self-sufficiency is more important) then I can see it being a boon.

• Forum Administrators

You do a surprisingly large amount or trolling for a person who's supposed to be a moderator and supposedly set some form of example. You know rise above and all that.

I should remind you that this is not a democracy, this is more like some sort of benevolent dictatorship monarchy.

The part you don't get is that it doesn't matter if shit is unbalanced, because the authority falls on the server operators shoulders. If I run a server I decide what mods to be included and what doesn't get included. You also seemed to completely ignore how EE is way more overpowered than the lowly Thaumcraft. I'm guessing you have some sort of blind spot or something. I'm not sure.

How about you 'rise above' and quite being a dick to people? Yeah? Think about it for a week.

IC2 seems pretty balanced. The only thing they need to change is so recyclers don't award scrap for cobble.

who wastes the time using cobble? i macerate that cobble into sand, melt it down into glass then make it into panes. 6 cobble=16 items to toss into the scrap processors :D, then use a quarry to supply the cobble for it and your good to go.

who wastes the time using cobble? i macerate that cobble into sand' date=' melt it down into glass then make it into panes. 6 cobble=16 items to toss into the scrap processors :D, then use a quarry to supply the cobble for it and your good to go.[/quote']

YES, WHY would I waste my time feeding an infinite resource directly into the recyclers when I could process it 3 times first to achieve the same exact result?

• 1 year later...

first of all, nearly all of this is completly wrong information because almost none of these items are in thaumcraft 3 (the newest version). secondly, you can already duplicate things in the game, i built a machine that makes over 20 diamonds a minuite for free. secondly, the vis condenser uses energy, and takes alot of time, whoever told you otherwise ahsn't played this mod. and lastly, the thaumic duplicator uses 5x the item's vis value to duplicate it, so it is not profitable at all.

first of all, nearly all of this is completly wrong information because almost none of these items are in thaumcraft 3 (the newest version). secondly, you can already duplicate things in the game, i built a machine that makes over 20 diamonds a minuite for free. secondly, the vis condenser uses energy, and takes alot of time, whoever told you otherwise ahsn't played this mod. and lastly, the thaumic duplicator uses 5x the item's vis value to duplicate it, so it is not profitable at all.

I wonder why that could be? maybe because this thread is literally a year old?