Heavy Machines (Technicpack Screenshots)

firstdeathmaker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They exploded on me when i used a pickaxe also, so i used a RP breaker to break them down. Start from the topmost block or they will explode as well

also for another update, it seems when i just now updated versions, it screwed with something and all thaumcraft/EE stuff has gone missing looking for a recent backup

How do you get those Thaumcraft pillars without them exploding? I saw something about a RP breaker, what's that?

The breaker is a block from RP that can break the block in front of it when it recieves a redstone current. Use NEI to find how to craft it. Start from the top of the pillar, and move down one block each time. Destroying them out of order will cause the whole thing to explode. Also the apportation wand is able to move them fairly safely

The breaker is a block from RP that can break the block in front of it when it recieves a redstone current. Use NEI to find how to craft it. Start from the top of the pillar, and move down one block each time. Destroying them out of order will cause the whole thing to explode. Also the apportation wand is able to move them fairly safely

Wow that's brilliant! I'm going to do that :)

Since the redpower breaker can break the pieces of the obelisk, I have 2 more questions:

can it pick up a mob spawner?

and can a silk touch pickaxe pick up a piece of obelisk, starting from the top?

silk touch yes

mob spawners cannot be picked up, there was a minecraft patch a few months ago specifically to stop people from picking up mob spawners

• 3 weeks later...

Im lauging at you already cause you really think playing a game is anything productive. I dont care if that all becomes obsolete or broken, cause then I just start a new map and having fun to build another base ;) Minecraft is not about HAVING a nice base, but about CREATING a nice base.

• 1 month later...

Im lauging at you already cause you really think playing a game is anything productive. I dont care if that all becomes obsolete or broken, cause then I just start a new map and having fun to build another base ;) Minecraft is not about HAVING a nice base, but about CREATING a nice base.

never thought about it that way, thanks for the inspiration :P

I've also posted this in Technic SSP screenshot megathread, but I think this belongs in here too.

I always use APS to generate my BC power and in combination with a crossover addon, I can also use this to generate IC2 power with it.

Behold! The APS Fusion reactor! (I've used 4 of them, because then it looks more like a coil.)

There are pumps right beneath the fusion reactors, which are powered by the fusion reactor themselves and in return they get water supplied.

[img width=800]

From this design I can teleport power up to 24 different frequencies. (I could add more by adding some golden conductive pipes and add additional teleport pipes on that.)

[iMg width=800]

And I like to control my fusion reactors by wireless redstone. An active redstone current makes the reactor idle and charge up by sucking power up and getting hotter. If the redstone current is off, it outputs all of it's power and slowly gets hotter, unless it is already on full throttle.

So, I start with my combustion engines and try to get on these sweet machines very quickly. (BTW, it needs a lot of resources to make this; combustion engines, a refinery, lots of chipsets, gears, pipes etc etc and it needs to be assembled in an assembly table. You only get a kit when crafting it.)

• 2 weeks later...

My creation isn't really that impressive if its not seen on video, its more or less a massive EE contraption that produces roughly 2 diamonds per second. If you don't like fairly heavy music just mute the sound, i can't stand silent videos all in all.

Basically its a massive room with 700 Mk3 collectors, 140 Energy condensers, and 140 redstone engines. All combined with a lot of dark matter/gem blocks to make it look pretty. I hope to get better with BC and IC2 so i can make an automatic HV solar array factory soon :D