[3.0.3/3.0.4] Teleport Tethers do not work at all

matejdro

Question

Title: Teleport Tethers do not work at all

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

OS: Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 / Client: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: 7 64-bit

Description of Problem:

Teleport tethers do not work at all. Chunks will simply unload.

And since World Anchors only loads some stuffmost of it don't work (like pumps), so they are not very useful.

That means that currently there is no properly working chunkloading block in the game. :(

18 answers to this question

Maybe teleport pipes are the issue?

I'm pumping lava in nether into geothermal reactor. When I leave nether, pipes get dry. And as soon as I enter nether again, they start to get filled again. Whole area is marked World Anchors. I've been using teleport tethers but they were not working at all (chunk anchor at least leaves something loaded).

I have tried it again. With Teleport tethers infinite water (2x2 blocks) would mysteriously disappear and pumps would not work as well.

But now I have placed both teleport tether AND world anchor and it appears to work. So looks like each one loads something. But still it would be great to have teleport tethers fixed.

EDIT: Nope, false alarm. Pipes will still get dry.

JQTof.png

lLK5V.png

When I get out of portal, pipes above geothermal generators are dry. But they start to fill second later.

I am doing something like this, though it is with conductive pipes and in the same world.

Playing a Tekkit SMP world, with a world anchor and Teleport Tether in the same chunk as the teleport pipes.

However, if I place 2 teleport pipes within the currently loaded chunks, they work just fine.

By the way, they cannot even connect to eachother when they are far away, it says "0 connected pipes".

Title: Teleport Tethers do not work at all

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

OS: Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 / Client: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: 7 64-bit

Description of Problem:

Teleport tethers do not work at all. Chunks will simply unload.

And since World Anchors only loads some stuffmost of it don't work (like pumps), so they are not very useful.

That means that currently there is no properly working chunkloading block in the game. :(

Mabye you placed the world anchor outside the chunk the pump is in? Try putting the anchor next to it.

I'm not sure if it's changed in the last version, but previously a 2X2 water pool is actulay too small for the pump. 3X3 was the minimum to be sure that the pool could not be sucked dry by the pump.

With a 2X2 it is possable on rare occasion for the pump to drain 2 blocks next to each other before they can regen.

It might be part of your problem.

Teleport Tethers have been proven to work fine, and World Anchors supposedly only loads Entity's, aka mobs and minecarts. So do you pumps just appear not to work is that the issue?

Do you have a thread where tethers are shown to work? In my experience they don't work anymore in 3.0.x; I submitted a bug report and the general consensus was to just use world anchors instead, since those *do* work - I use them for quarries, terraformers, and keeping my factory going when I'm offline.

Several threads about tethers were started when 3.0.x was released, and nobody was able to get them to work.

I've had definite issues with them. They're definitely /not/ keeping my reactor loaded at times. (returning hours later with no EU gain).

Was wondering if perhaps you need to F9 to 'update' where the tethers are, or reload the server. Getting very inconstant results. Will add more if I find any.

Mabye you placed the world anchor outside the chunk the pump is in? Try putting the anchor next to it.

Take a look at a picture again. Teleport tether is supposed to keep 3x3 chunks around it loaded (that is at least 31x31 area) and in my case it's around 10 blocks away.

I'm not sure if it's changed in the last version, but previously a 2X2 water pool is actulay too small for the pump. 3X3 was the minimum to be sure that the pool could not be sucked dry by the pump.

With a 2X2 it is possable on rare occasion for the pump to drain 2 blocks next to each other before they can regen.

It might be part of your problem.

2x2 works when I'm nearby (chunk loaded by player)

Same issue here; I've only tested the Teleport Pipe so far.

I walked a good distance from a Teleport Pipe, placed on top of a Teleport Tether. I then placed another a fair ways away, it worked. Then moved farther away, it worked. And again...Then, it didn't work. So, I moved the pipe back a little. When approached along my original path, 1 connected path...but, I approach it from the fard side of the original pipenal pipe...bingo, zero connected pipes.

This definitely seems like a chunk loading issue. I will try to test something other than Teleport Pipes.

They seem to function correctly once the server reboots. I'd suggest further experimentation and try placing the anchor blocks before you place equipment, pipes, TP pipes and the like. It might have something to do with the loading sequence.

EDIT:

Initial testing suggests that placing the anchors and/or the tethers prior to placing other tekkit items will allow functionality without a server reboot.