Custom modpack not opening

YouSmellLikeAGypsy

My new custom modpack isn't loading. It opened as vanilla at the beginning but after that I looked it up on here and found that I need to delete a few files in the different .jar folders. Most of the mods on my pack are from different packs that are compatible with 1.6.4. The ones that aren't I downloaded the safer/recommended 1.6.4 versions of each so that it would be more likely to run properly.

After I deleted the files mentioned I tried running it again. It didn't run vanilla anymore, it just didn't bother and sent me back to pack selection. After I did all I found I was supposed to do, I decided to upload that as the new version to avoid being told to do things I already did, and labeled it as the 1.1a version.

My pack is http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/asdfmovie-99.535031

and here is the report from my latest crash:

https://copy.com/m9NsA4E2Gi4VCcNL

Edited by YouSmellLikeAGypsy

It is opening.... vanilla minecraft.

Your pack is in a directory called "Pack". This is wrong. Prepare the directories and zip them together (bin, mods and config).

Delete all directories from your mods directory. Leave only the 1.6.4 folder with contents.

The bin directory should only have the modpack.jar file. Delete the rest.

After all this I'll take a look again at the pack and one more thing... no configs? This can be catastrophic for a 1.6.4 pack.

Edit:

I said it will be catastrophic, here are your ID conflicts:

3972: resonant:multiPart from ResonantEngine - aluminumWire from GalacticraftCore
Suggested Ranges: 563-899 (337 IDs), 2856-3119 (264 IDs), 3398-3649 (252 IDs)
Edited by bochen415

It is opening.... vanilla minecraft.

Your pack is in a directory called "Pack". This is wrong. Prepare the directories and zip them together (bin, mods and config).

Delete all directories from your mods directory. Leave only the 1.6.4 folder with contents.

The bin directory should only have the modpack.jar file. Delete the rest.

After all this I'll take a look again at the pack and one more thing... no configs? This can be catastrophic for a 1.6.4 pack.

Edit:

I said it will be catastrophic, here are your ID conflicts:

3972: resonant:multiPart from ResonantEngine - aluminumWire from GalacticraftCore
Suggested Ranges: 563-899 (337 IDs), 2856-3119 (264 IDs), 3398-3649 (252 IDs)

I knew it would be something obvious -_- alright, 1.2a is up. Not sure if it works because wifi where I am is too slow to even download it now apparently.

Edited by YouSmellLikeAGypsy

I knew it would be something obvious 
-_- alright, 1.2a is up. Not sure if it works because wifi where I am is too slow to even download it now apparently.

This is why I use a local forge installation through the vanilla launcher to do my testing in, when its ready I can just zip it up and update the modpack info so its ready. No need to download the modpack and try it over and over again this way as its time consuming to just download it, let alone updating it, uploading the changes, then re-downloading the changes to see them.

I knew it would be something obvious [-_-] alright, 1.2a is up. Not sure if it works because wifi where I am is too slow to even download it now apparently.

It's working... kinda..... Loads vanilla again.

1. The bin directory should only have the modpack.jar file. Not minecraft.jar

2. Your mods/1.6.4 directory contains two CodeChickenLib versions. Remove codechickenlib-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.62.jar as the other file is requested by other mods.

3. Your mods directory contains one more MacOS specific file (.DS_Store). Remove it.

4. [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The copy of Mad Science that you are running is a development version of the mod, and as such may be unstable and/or incomplete.

5. Where did you get development versions of Resonant Induction? You should be searching here

6. [ForgeModLoader] The mod GalacticraftMars has attempted to register an entity ID 171 which is already reserved. This could cause severe problems

7. Where did you get ICBM development version? You should be here in the stable section.

8. Some mods are not in the newest/best/most stable version. Check minecraftforum, curse.com and authors sites for information.

9. Names of some files suggest you didn't get them from official sources mentioned in 8. This is dangerous and can lead to a security breach. Fix it.

This is why I use a local forge installation through the vanilla launcher to do my testing in, when its ready I can just zip it up and update the modpack info so its ready. No need to download the modpack and try it over and over again this way as its time consuming to just download it, let alone updating it, uploading the changes, then re-downloading the changes to see them.

Agree. This is the best testing area. I strongly advise using also MultiMC and plowmanplows BareBonesPack

Is there a video or something explaining what you said before because I'm not even sure I'm trying to read English anymore.

You need to walk away and come back tomorrow. Take note that the only critical error you made is number 1. After fixing this the pack will load as a modded minecraft :)

Because you deleted the modpack.jar, you also moved all mods from the mods directory to the 1.6.4 directory inside mods.

Take a step back. The previous version was better.

K only problem is with forgemultipart if you know about that. For my modpack I need 1.0.0.244 or higher, so I got 1.0.0.250. After that, it told me that it was conflicting with 1.0.0.227. So I deleted it and put .250 in its place. After that, it made a new .227 and continued to whine that it was conflicting with .250. You know how to change that?

• Discord Moderator

Forge Multipart goes in your mods<MCVERSION> folder, where <MCVERSION> is the version number of MC you are using. For 1.6.4 it would be mods1.6.4. Delete all your current Forge Multipart JAR files and download the latest version for 1.6.4 from here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/ForgeMultipart//index_legacy.html

Forge Multipart goes in your mods<MCVERSION> folder, where <MCVERSION> is the version number of MC you are using. For 1.6.4 it would be mods1.6.4. Delete all your current Forge Multipart JAR files and download the latest version for 1.6.4 from here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/ForgeMultipart//index_legacy.html

I did, but it always downloads a different version when I start it up and then whines that there's more than one of that type of file.