Tekkit 2.0 (Any updates, possible release dates?)

Jack439

What part of "When it's done" do you not understand?

The Tekkit crew is doing this in their spare time. Every day another one of you makes an account on the forums, to ask the same stupid question. It has been said before:

"We're hoping to get this out soon. Icewolf, a coder on our team is away for a funeral and will be back on sunday. No ETA's, but know that we'll never sit on it longer then we have to."

Now sit down and wait your turn. The only thing you're accomplishing, is annoying the crew and getting them to lose interest in developing this project.

• Forum Administrators

Maaaan you guys. Why you gotta come in here and not have a clue on how we "do" things "around" here? (this is a fat joke)

Jack! http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,44.0.html

Read it guy! If you know asking for an ETA is useless and you are "too cool" to read/look for such posts like this scattered around then I have to ask why would you post? You seem like a decent sort, so I am going to assume you are human and will go 'oh man i didn't know' and feel a little bad. Unless you are one of these guys.

As a serverowner of a rather populated server, the question about an ETA for Tekkit 2.0 is asked more and more often. Eventually, just replaying "we gotta wait for Tekkit 2.0 to be released" isnt cutting it for them. By this i mean that players loose interest in Tekkit, they just go "find something else".

Ofc you have those here on the forums, mostly those that use it alot, that would never use anything else regardless. Im one of them. Tekkit is imo, who MC should be. But it can get to a point where time vs interest is an issue.

I know the rule about not asking for an ETA etc, so ill ask in another way: When will you guys give any aprox estimation for Tekkit 2.0 to be released?

Im getting at the point where i need to work (aka use whats my spare time aswell beside running the server) to still have ppl interested in Tekkit. Im directing all of the vanillaplayers i know here, and they love it. But tbh, lack of info ... isnt helping ...

As a serverowner of a rather populated server, the question about an ETA for Tekkit 2.0 is asked more and more often. Eventually, just replaying "we gotta wait for Tekkit 2.0 to be released" isnt cutting it for them. By this i mean that players loose interest in Tekkit, they just go "find something else".

Ofc you have those here on the forums, mostly those that use it alot, that would never use anything else regardless. Im one of them. Tekkit is imo, who MC should be. But it can get to a point where time vs interest is an issue.

I know the rule about not asking for an ETA etc, so ill ask in another way: When will you guys give any aprox estimation for Tekkit 2.0 to be released?

Im getting at the point where i need to work (aka use whats my spare time aswell beside running the server) to still have ppl interested in Tekkit. Im directing all of the vanillaplayers i know here, and they love it. But tbh, lack of info ... isnt helping ...

Then you have either stupid members, or you fail at server administration.

The server i play on still has everyone there, and no one is losing interest. Even though tekkit 2.0 will be awesome, so is 1.1.4.

Ofcourse people ask, just tell them you dont knoe, if they leave, just wait. They will probably get back when it is released.

• Moderators

Let me summarize your post:

WHEN WILL TEKKIT OUT!?

Glad to see that u guys werent able to see the idea behind the post i made, and instead use the regular "in the interwebs, everything goes".

Then you have either stupid members

Are u aware of the amount of "noobs" playing, and just want to test out tekkit?

Instead of asking for an ETA, there is a simple solution that would give the forum members a bit of progress and not just the usual yadda yadda.

What about a publicly viewable checklist that has the things you're working on and as they get finished they're ----'ed? That way, people can see the progress and how close/far you are, roughly, from getting done.

Eventually, just replaying "we gotta wait for Tekkit 2.0 to be released" isnt cutting it for them.

I'm sorry for their lots! My pary are with them.

Im getting at the point where i need to work (aka use whats my spare time aswell beside running the server) to still have ppl interested in Tekkit.

That must be truly awful for you, having to WORK to to keep people interested in playing with you! Personally people keep playing SMP with me because they like me so I guess I can't relate.

"Hurrr I used synonyms aren't I clever!!! It's not asking for an ETA because I didn't use the words TRICKED U!!!!!"

Tekkit is being worked on constantly by very selfless and dedicated people. We're not going to slap our hands and demand an ETA from them just because your seemingly terrible players cant go two weeks without updated Tekkit before abandoning you. Get bent.