DNS Tech Pack goes Big Renegade

Mikara65

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Administrators

Both are as illegal as hell, so no loser here, or winners for that matter.

Nooooooo Minecraft Forums User madcock8338 why would you do this to us? Ima sue you for slander!

EDIT

What and we're mean? Oh fuck double lawsuit time

Why is the comparison even an issue? They can both exist in the same universe without a cosmic battle royale going on.

thats what im saying, I was hoping this will just put an end to it. its the same with lets say Coke and Pepsi. You're never going to tell a Coke drinker that Pepsi is better or vise versa. They guy that started this whole thing isnt even a member of DNS as far as I can tell. Its not like the dns came over here and said suck it technic.

and to kaker, No, please no!!! Im nobody just forget I was ever here. madcock who......

Yeah see, your metrics aren't really that great.

First of all, you're comparing a pack for 1.1 with a pack for 1.2.5, which is obviously not going to stack well, and the technic devs have been focusing on tekkit, rather than technic.

Second, you list "number of mods" as a measurement of quality, which it is not.

Third, you measure how "up to date" they are, which by its nature is a temporary metric.

Fourth, you criticize how we talk down to people, but fail to mention that it's only people who break the rules, and refuse to work within our system that we talk down to.

Fifth, you try to use popularity as a metric, which, as the story of justin beiber can tell you, is NOT a metric of quality.

Finally, you randomly toss away any sense of objectivity, calling both packs illegal, when they're in a grey area at worst, and technic has most if not all of its permissions together now.

Nice try, and your reviewing itself isn't bad, but the most important part of a comparative review is the metrics used to compare the two.

• Forum Administrators
Hidden

The 'point' is to mock DNS people. We've already run into them (on our own forums, just like now) so its easy to make fun of them.

This isn't the DNS Tech pack forums, we didn't grab their name in a weak attempt to siphon of some sort of inertia, and we don't give a shit about them. I'd assume they want drama because it will bring more attention to their pack.

• Forum Administrators

End it? You registered just today, it looks like to ~me~ that you seem to care a little bit more about this than you let on, what with joining just to talk about this. Seems a little suspect to me, but then again, chemtrails.

Yeah see, your metrics aren't really that great.

First of all, you're comparing a pack for 1.1 with a pack for 1.2.5, which is obviously not going to stack well, and the technic devs have been focusing on tekkit, rather than technic.

Second, you list "number of mods" as a measurement of quality, which it is not.

Third, you measure how "up to date" they are, which by its nature is a temporary metric.

Fourth, you criticize how we talk down to people, but fail to mention that it's only people who break the rules, and refuse to work within our system that we talk down to.

Fifth, you try to use popularity as a metric, which, as the story of justin beiber can tell you, is NOT a metric of quality.

Finally, you randomly toss away any sense of objectivity, calling both packs illegal, when they're in a grey area at worst, and technic has most if not all of its permissions together now.

Nice try, and your reviewing itself isn't bad, but the most important part of a comparative review is the metrics used to compare the two.

1.Im really not looking for any type of fight, but i have to compare technics 1.1 pack to dns pack, cause they look to be the current releases. What else can i compare it too.

2. im looking at a modpack, which is a collection of mods. if it just a few mods then its a shitty pack. there are a few mod packs out there with 5 or 6 mods in them, I' m sure none of us would waste the time talking about them.

3. and how up to date they are is not worth mentioning if once every couple of weeks each pack updates, cause then they're the same. But you just said that the release I got of the front page was for 1.1. thats a big difference .

4. and the talking down, Thats just what i have seen, I understand that this is for a game and we are going to have to deal with little rug rats so you are ALWAYS going to have to deal with them, and they probably cant even read the rules much follow the rules. Its just i have heard a good bit of folks say the admins over here are asses, I was afraid to post here thinking that if i said anything possitive about dns i would get kicked out. Its just the rep this forum has.

5. I agree with your popularity statement, but just like you said Justin Bieber sucks but hes whats it with the kids right now, so in there eyes hes good.

and illegal, honestly I dont give a rats ass about it. this is game and the mod creators bitching over everything is fucking stupid to me, end of story. I know technic has some permission and i think dns might have one.

6. I honestly dont care, thats why i didnt say much about it. but somebody will have to bring it up on the forum post. so i tried to get it out of the way.

and just from my point of view, I seen some guys on here posting about the cracked minecraft stuff. I cant take it seriously. this is a site founded on pirated mods so to speak so how can u complain. to me its like pirate bay yelling about mega uploads.

but thanks for not biting my head off.

edit: kaker i have been around a few times just never had anything to say, so to post this i had to join. thats about it. think what you will. And I have to care a little to do all that bullshit typing.

• Forum Administrators

:hurr:

:v:

Nobody cares about the DNS Tech pack, we aren't 'scared' or 'worried' about it somehow taking our, uh, players? Soul? I dunno use whatever term you want here.

If we did, we'd delete the thread, lock it, pretend it never happened and discuss what we need to do about this horrible scourge in our private moderator-only board.

1.Im really not looking for any type of fight

honestly I dont give a rats ass about it.

I honestly dont care, thats why i didnt say much about it.

This is quite possibly the most disingenuous thing I've seen posted on these forums.

You obviously care. You cared enough to write a long post on the Minecraft Forums and then post here pointing to it.

Its just i have heard a good bit of folks say the admins over here are asses

Those are the people that the admins have repeatedly said they don't want here. This community is not for those people.

I was afraid to post here thinking that if i said anything possitive about dns i would get kicked out. Its just the rep this forum has.

This is not the BTW forums. Ridiculed, sure, but not banned.

and illegal, honestly I dont give a rats ass about it. this is game and the mod creators bitching over everything is fucking stupid to me, end of story. I know technic has some permission and i think dns might have one.

and just from my point of view, I seen some guys on here posting about the cracked minecraft stuff. I cant take it seriously. this is a site founded on pirated mods so to speak so how can u complain. to me its like pirate bay yelling about mega uploads.

And, just from my point of view, you're full of shit. You contradict yourself here plus you don't think there's a difference between packing together mods and cracking a commercially-available piece of software.

As a wise man once said, "Get bent."

ok, if your not worried or not trying to be an ass I dont see why you change my link, but fine.

Here everyone

coke1513.jpg

ike i said, I have been nothing but nice and i get told to get bent. Yeah has nothing to do with people on here, its the people to come by here you dont want here that are the problem.

and when i said i dont care, thats was about the legality of the packs, dumbass. So you go get bent. Im done trying to talk to you people, my god. Technic is the best thing ever and so are all the people involved with it. All praise them and their holy butthurt. You win, Im out.

1.Im really not looking for any type of fight, but i have to compare technics 1.1 pack to dns pack, cause they look to be the current releases. What else can i compare it too.
You deliberately chose the SSP pack, in favor of the much more up to date SMP pack, I'm just saying that your metrics are no good.

2. im looking at a modpack, which is a collection of mods. if it just a few mods then its a shitty pack. there are a few mod packs out there with 5 or 6 mods in them, I' m sure none of us would waste the time talking about them.

There's a huge difference between comparing a modpack with 5 mods to a mod pack with twice as many, to a modpack with 20 mods to a modpack with 25 mods, most of which are the same.

3. and how up to date they are is not worth mentioning if once every couple of weeks each pack updates, cause then they're the same. But you just said that the release I got of the front page was for 1.1. thats a big difference .
Again, you chose the out of date pack to compare the two.

4. and the talking down, Thats just what i have seen, I understand that this is for a game and we are going to have to deal with little rug rats so you are ALWAYS going to have to deal with them, and they probably cant even read the rules much follow the rules. Its just i have heard a good bit of folks say the admins over here are asses, I was afraid to post here thinking that if i said anything possitive about dns i would get kicked out. Its just the rep this forum has.
Minecraft may be for children, but technic doesn't have a stated age range. The people who complain about how mean we are fall into three categories:

1. Pirates who want to use the pack, but can't because they don't have a legit copy.

2. People who didn't read the rules or the stickies when they showed up here, and expected this place to be like MCforums, where you have 32 chances to get it right before you get banned

3. People who already hated technic, and came here to spout their opinion.

5. I agree with your popularity statement, but just like you said Justin Bieber sucks but hes whats it with the kids right now, so in there eyes hes good.

DNS is also specifically for people who pirated minecraft.

Now, on the subject of quality, there ARE metrics for quality in most situations, but popularity isnt one of them. Beiber is popular mostly as a result of a change in the music industry (which i could have a nice long rant about, and may in fact do elsewhere) that has resulted in popularity not actually being defined by the people buying music, but the ones selling it.

6. I honestly dont care, thats why i didnt say much about it. but somebody will have to bring it up on the forum post. so i tried to get it out of the way.
I can understand that sentiment, and that MAY function over here, where our users are held to a tight standard, but on MCforums it acts less like a method of getting it out of the way, and more like an invitation.

Please take a look at both sides of the history before you try and state that as fact. Technic grew organically from a private modpack between a few people, which didn't need permissions, and was then featured before it was ready, which led to explosive growth that it was not prepared for. the mods weren't "pirated" they were just used, and then released in a way that wasnt intended.

I don't bite heads off until rules are broken, or falsehoods are uttered.

Madcock, it looks like you've been beaten, torn apart and thrown into the wind. Might I suggest dropping an antagonistic stance? Or are you one of those idiots that think they can get away with everything?

I have been beaten, but really was there anything I could of said that would of help my case.

and jay i picked the packs i picked because the title of this thread says DNS techpack and Technic, didnt say tekkit so i didnt use tekkit. I really have never used either one so I didnt know how up to date they were. But anyways doesn't matter Im a dumbass, peace out.

I see that you, here at Technic, are all a bunch of asses that get off on playing GOD and hiding behind words about things. Seems you are all just a bunch of little punks that can't take real life and have to spout off and make like you have real authiority on some little rinky dink ass forum. If you are all so bad ass bring to me personally FACE-TO-FACE, I'll kick all your little asses all way around this fucking globe. You say comparing one SINGLE player pack to another is an unfair comparison, I say you are all a bunch of little faggots.

I see that you, here at Technic, are all a bunch of asses that get off on playing GOD and hiding behind words about things. Seems you are all just a bunch of little punks that can't take real life and have to spout off and make like you have real authiority on some little rinky dink ass forum. If you are all so bad ass bring to me personally FACE-TO-FACE, I'll kick all your little asses all way around this fucking globe. You say comparing one SINGLE player pack to another is an unfair comparison, I say you are all a bunch of little faggots.

Truly sparkling repartee. I think it's rather telling though, that when faced with a fair and logical debate, your only recourse is to threaten us with violence. Why are you so opposed to words? Do you feel that you can't stand your ground in civilized society?

I have been beaten, but really was there anything I could of said that would of help my case.

and jay i picked the packs i picked because the title of this thread says DNS techpack and Technic, didnt say tekkit so i didnt use tekkit. I really have never used either one so I didnt know how up to date they were. But anyways doesn't matter Im a dumbass, peace out.

There's plenty you could say. I've admitted to being incorrect on a number of occasions. The fact that you instantly gave up as soon as you were faced with a debate doesn't mean that I'm impossible to argue with.

• Forum Administrators

Aaahhahhahah internet tough guy, yes. Please, do more!

Aww, don't worry renegade, once puberty starts tapering off your hormone levels will level off and you won't feel the need to act like an alpha male all the time.

Until then you really shouldn't try picking physical fights with people. Your words are easy enough to ignore, but if you actual for violent anywhere near me I'd have to sit on you.

Ohhhh, come beat me up with your muscles!!!

:swoon:

I wanna call out troll, but I'm not totally convinced. How can someone unintentionally fit to-the-tee a stereotype purported on the likes of 4chan and whatnot?

Or, it could just be stupidity. Who am I to say? I'm standing by this statement though (read: hiding behind), it's too coincidental.

Actually, it's not too coincidental. That website is too legit for me to say they're totally coherent/cognitively able, so I revoke my suspicions.

Truly sparkling repartee. I think it's rather telling though, that when faced with a fair and logical debate, your only recourse is to threaten us with violence. Why are you so opposed to words? Do you feel that you can't stand your ground in civilized society?

As you want to say I can't debate nor can I read, let's see if you can read this.

Comparison of Technic to the DNS - Better Than Technic mod pack:

1. Rated on mods' current version:

Technic: 1.1 mods ported to work with Minecraft 1.2.5

Better Than Technic: nothing ported. All mods are current to 1.2.5

2. Total Number of Mods:

Technic: 32

Better Than Technic: 64 (hmmm. twice as many mods)

3. Performance:

System configuration: 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64-bit Quad Core, 8GB of memory, ATI Radeon 4650 w/1GB of memory, java allocated 3GB just to run client

Technic: 35 fps/avg

Better Than Technic: 45 fps/avg

4. Mods with portions disabled:

Technic: TMI locked so it can only be used in recipe mode

Better Than Technic: no mods, or portions of a mod, disabled

Summary:

5. Overall comparison:

Better Than Technic is a better mod pack. You have better FPS with twice the number of mods.

Hello Jay:

As you asswipes seem to want to ban anyone that can't stand you, I'm here to show you that you can't stop me from posting here on this forum. None of you are good enough. And as for the little asswipe above who thinks I'm some young kid maybe he should check my profile as BigRenegade, or Joe Blower, or even this one. I'm no young punk and I doubt if a single one of you is near my age. So, for that little asswipe above, bring your little punk ass on.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons