DNS Tech Pack goes Big Renegade

Mikara65

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you want to say I can't debate nor can I read, let's see if you can read this.

Comparison of Technic to the DNS - Better Than Technic mod pack:

Technic: 7 letters.

Better Than Technic: 17 letters, 3 spaces.

1. Rated on mods' current version:

Technic: 1.1 mods ported to work with Minecraft 1.2.5

Better Than Technic: nothing ported. All mods are current to 1.2.5

Somehow, I think it would be more beneficial to compare to the 1.2.5 dev build at the moment, since it's a closer comparison. Does BTT have a dev build cycle of some sort we can be even more even with?

2. Total Number of Mods:

Technic: 32

Better Than Technic: 64 (hmmm. twice as many mods)

Are we counting Buildcraft and Redpower the same number of times on both sides? I don't really think it's worth counting every single subpiece of a mod as separate mods, even if that skewers those numbers further one way or the other.

Also, how "big" are these mods? A mod that just adds five new flowers is still a mod, but Technic probably wouldn't bother with something that minor unless they were some sort of laser-shooting death flowers or something. Oh, or had creeper faces. Ultimately, tricky to compare a basic number like that, especially if both packs have the same "big mods" and one adds in a bunch of smaller, useless or boring mods. (Which in turn is a subjective thing as well.)

3. Performance:

System configuration: 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64-bit Quad Core, 8GB of memory, ATI Radeon 4650 w/1GB of memory, java allocated 3GB just to run client

Technic: 35 fps/avg

Better Than Technic: 45 fps/avg

Same seed/stuff going on nearby? Do both mod packs have the same mods that can cause a lot of FPS dropping installed, or BTT dropping some of the laggier mods?

4. Mods with portions disabled:

Technic: TMI locked so it can only be used in recipe mode

Better Than Technic: no mods, or portions of a mod, disabled

+1 Hellen Keller point for not reading stickies.

Summary:

5. Overall comparison:

Better Than Technic is a better mod pack. You have better FPS with twice the number of mods.

So, the only important parts in your summary above involves the number of mods and FPS, which means nothing else you stated was important enough to include in your summary.

Personally, I think a more useful comparison is the "feature list" table you see in a lot of product comparisons on corporate websites. I would write a four column table with the name of the mod, the version for each mod pack (or a nice big red Not Included) and a final column for a description of what that mod does, in a one sentence summary. This would allow a person new to these mods the ability to quickly figure out which set of mods better suits their playstyle while at the same time helping everyone discover new mods they may not have heard of AND helping your original target audience of people find which they like better.

whatever punk little bitch wipe ass!!!!!!

Woah now you done it kakermix! Big Renegade told me he's on his way to beat you up face to face right now. As soon as he's done greasing the door frame of his sedan he's driving right down there and you butter believe his trunk is full of katanas. Grandpa Minecraft's going to give you such a Joe Blower.

• Forum Administrators

Woah now you done it kakermix! Big Renegade told me he's on his way to beat you up face to face right now. As soon as he's done greasing the door frame of his sedan he's driving right down there and you butter believe his trunk is full of katanas. You're going to get such a Joe Blower.

Is this that man?

As you want to say I can't debate nor can I read, let's see if you can read this.

Comparison of Technic to the DNS - Better Than Technic mod pack:

1. Rated on mods' current version:

Technic: 1.1 mods ported to work with Minecraft 1.2.5

Better Than Technic: nothing ported. All mods are current to 1.2.5

Actually, the recommended build of technic is on Minecraft 1.1. Nothing is "ported" at all. This metric is still invalid as a comparison since the technic guys have been focusing on tekkit and the SSp version hasn't been updated yet.

2. Total Number of Mods:

Technic: 32

Better Than Technic: 64 (hmmm. twice as many mods)

You can keep saying that it has more mods all you want, but that doesn't make the pack better, just bigger. Bloated one might say.

3. Performance:

System configuration: 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64-bit Quad Core, 8GB of memory, ATI Radeon 4650 w/1GB of memory, java allocated 3GB just to run client

Technic: 35 fps/avg

Better Than Technic: 45 fps/avg

Again, you guys are comparing your 1.2.5 pack to our 1.1 pack, while ignoring the pack where both packs are on the same version.

4. Mods with portions disabled:

Technic: TMI locked so it can only be used in recipe mode

Better Than Technic: no mods, or portions of a mod, disabled

That was the default behaviour or NEI at the time, and not exactly difficult to change. None of the newer versions OR other versions have that behaviour.

Summary:

5. Overall comparison:

Better Than Technic is a better mod pack. You have better FPS with twice the number of mods.

Nice try, but you just rehashed all the invalid metrics that were addressed earlier.

Hello Jay:

As you asswipes seem to want to ban anyone that can't stand you, I'm here to show you that you can't stop me from posting here on this forum. None of you are good enough. And as for the little asswipe above who thinks I'm some young kid maybe he should check my profile as BigRenegade, or Joe Blower, or even this one. I'm no young punk and I doubt if a single one of you is near my age. So, for that little asswipe above, bring your little punk ass on.

We only ban people who break the rules, or do obviously over the top things that shouldn't have to be explained. Like threatening the staff with violence. In case you hadn't noticed mad cock is still completely able to post and he's clearly in your favor, in fact we were having a nice little debate until you popped in to express your unparalleled rage and act like a spoiled child on the internet.

As you asswipes seem to want to ban anyone that can't stand you, I'm here to show you that you can't stop me from posting here on this forum. None of you are good enough. And as for the little asswipe above who thinks I'm some young kid maybe he should check my profile as BigRenegade, or Joe Blower, or even this one. I'm no young punk and I doubt if a single one of you is near my age. So, for that little asswipe above, bring your little punk ass on.

you. me. the flagpole outside of school. lunch time tomorrow.

be there or be called a sissy pants.

P.S. asswipe punk bitch ass. ooooooh whatchu gonna do now huh? HUH? come at me bro!

:w00t: , Da Nasty Shit is Great.

1. What? Ported mods? Technic pack runs ON 1.1, no weirdo ported shit, why would they do that?

2. You have modloader listed twice, redundant mods, and a ton of half ass mods that you just were like, "LETS HAVE MOAR MODS THAN TECHNIC, YEAH! and put in.

3. Maybe because you don't have millenaire? throw millenaire into Da' Nasty Shit pack, i dare you.

4. TMI no werk :c

5. Since i disproved all of your points, Technic pack > better than technic.

And I like of how you are STILL trying to keep the whole, "YEAH, I'M A BADASS TOUGHGUY O NTHE INTERNET, WHATCHA GONNA DO?" demeanour. Makes life more fun for me when i crush you.

EDIT: and not counting APIs and addons that fix things, or ad very minor things, you have exactly 54 mods, not 64. You have buildcraft listed 5 times, btw.

1. What? Ported mods? Technic pack runs ON 1.1, no weirdo ported shit, why would they do that?

2. You have modloader listed twice, redundant mods, and a ton of half ass mods that you just were like, "LETS HAVE MOAR MODS THAN TECHNIC, YEAH! and put in.

3. Maybe because you don't have millenaire? throw millenaire into Da' Nasty Shit pack, i dare you.

4. TMI no werk :c

5. Since i disproved all of your points, Technic pack > better than technic.

And I like of how you are STILL trying to keep the whole, "YEAH, I'M A BADASS TOUGHGUY O NTHE INTERNET, WHATCHA GONNA DO?" demeanour. Makes life more fun for me when i crush you.

i agree with you all up until number 5

technic pack <technic+> better then technic

So this guy multi accounts to circumvent bans?

Acting like a tough guy on the internet will only get you ridicule, and if you really want to see me, I can bring an AR-15 if you'd really like. Oh hey look, I just acted like a tough guy without resorting to overused swear words that have lost their significance and told you exactly what I'd do.

I'm loving how he's become rather quiet after we told him the facts and not a bunch of crap we made up at the spot. Also, in a somewhat related note, anyway know what settings were used as the FPS metric? Mostly because I don't think he's using the same settings for purposes of comparison or the optifine versions may be off. I'm tempted to whip out his pack and patch my MC on my PoS computer and seeing the difference between FPS of the current versions of Tekkit and of his 'Better' than Tekkit.

I'm loving how he's become rather quiet after we told him the facts and not a bunch of crap we made up at the spot.

It's only been one night. Some people have lives to get to. He was probably off somewhere trying really hard to affirm his masculinity.

Alright, I've been working on my comparative analysis using my shit laptop so this is what I've determined at the time of posting this. I will update as soon as I can actually Download 'Better' Than Tekkit (Damn school filters won't let me Download)

Constants:

Seed: 9189982380800928795

Spawn Location: Jungle

Settings: Minimum, most if not all animations are disabled. Sounds at 50%, music at 0%

Background Processes: Skype, Utorrent, Avast, Openoffice Quickstarter, Notepad, Google Chrome with 4 tabs open(dakkadakka.com, advancedtautactica.com, technicpack.net/forums, forgeworld.co.uk)

Observed Variables:

Tekkit:

Maximum FPS Observed: 10

'Better' than Tekkit

Maximum FPS Observed: 8

End result:

DNS has a lower Maximum FPS observed, and due to curiosity they also have around 3 to four different mods that add Electrical Engines, most of which will probably be ignored.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons