New to tekkit, machines almost exploding?

TXFDA

Ok so, I'm new to tekkit. I don't actually understand most of the stuff in it. I've gotten quite a bit into EE, but not really IC...

I was "sort of" following a tutorial I saw in a video about solar panels and hooking them up to machines using an MFE...

I have 22 solar panels sending power to an MFE. The MFE is directly next to an LV-Transformer (the 3 pronged side is facing the MFE), and I have copper cables connecting the Transformer to a bunch of electric things. (13 electric furnaces, 4 rotary macerators, 3 extractors, and a compressor.). After using them for a little bit, they started blinking at me and making a loud noise. I assume that means explosion...so I rushed to remove the MFE since that was the quickest thing I could break to stop the power. I'm not sure how to fix it so it doesn't do that and I don't wanna turn it back on and have it end up exploding..

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if it's a stupid question, I just started with IC today, I've been pretty much just following tutorials on youtube. The only difference between mine and the tutorial, is that in the tutorial, he had the power running from an MFE, to a 2nd MFE using gold cables. I didn't use a 2nd MFE(and thus didn't need the gold cables).

If the machines were to explode, they would have already. The only reason they would explode is due to a higher voltage power coming into the machines. They usually explode instantaneously, but the beeping and blinking means they are doing something. If the noise is suddenly really really loud, thats MATmos playing up a little bit. Just turn the volume down the 1% to reminde minecraft what volume it should be at.

The 'blinking' and weird noises could have been the MFE running out of stored energy because you're consuming more than the solar panels are generating, which could easily happen with that many machines. In that case, the machines start turning on and off very rapidly because not all of them are getting the energy they need each tick.

The 'blinking' and weird noises could have been the MFE running out of stored energy because you're consuming more than the solar panels are generating, which could easily happen with that many machines. In that case, the machines start turning on and off very rapidly because not all of them are getting the energy they need each tick.

This right here. When the machines aren't running at full power, they get very loud because the sound code in IC2 is shit. (Although I hear that 1.97IC2 fixes most of these problems)

There's no reason to think the IC2 machines will suddenly overload and explode (Nuclear Reactor being the exception to this rule), if they're gonna explode, they'll explode when you first hook them up. The only exception is if you've got some weird setup where you have two power sources hooked up with EU-Splitter cables, in which case, you're REALLY doing it wrong.

As said before, theres no worries as long as the MFE is hooked to a LV transformer and the LV transformer is trasmitting low voltage to the machines.

If your really worried, put some transformer upgrades inside the slots that let them accept medium voltage, then high voltage (thats for basic machines, eg basic macerator if they start at mid voltage then it will up to HV)

The weird sounds are probably just the machines running out of juice and trying to get power, and since there getting power they instantly use it, etc.

No worries.

Also, why on earth do you have THAT many machines?! Why not just replace the 13 eletric furnaces with a few inductions? And why the 4 ROTARY macerators? lol. I'd recomend changing it up, you surely dont need THAT many machines. In my extreme mining, I only need one or two of each machine.

Also, if your finding your macerators slow, make sure to put an electric current.. Any advanced machine, then they get a little RPM like thing, when its max it runs really fast but takes a lot of power.

And finally, id recomend getting a bigger power source. EG, nuclear reactor, geothermal if your going to keep up with all that demand.

I have 22 solar panels sending power to an MFE. The MFE is directly next to an LV-Transformer (the 3 pronged side is facing the MFE), and I have copper cables connecting the Transformer to a bunch of electric things. (13 electric furnaces, 4 rotary macerators, 3 extractors, and a compressor.). ...

Could be the way the machines are connected or cable losses or something else. A picture of your setup would help here.

Well, I know little about IC honestly, so I just assumed odd blinking + loud noises(that I believe was going along with the blinking) = explosion. Like, the red dots/lights on the front of the furnaces were blinking...So yeah. I'm probably just being stupid. But I had a ton of expensive equivilant exchange stuff right on the other side of the wall, so I didn't want to take a chance it them exploding.

As for me needing that many machines. There's probably a better way to do it, but as said, I don't know much about the machines in these mods, so I'm kinda just..using what I know as I learn. I heard electric furnaces were good, so I just made a ton. I'm kind of upgrading to better things as I go based on what tutorials I happen to see.

But yeah, thanks. I knew it was probably something simple, but since I wasn't sure, I figured I'd ask. Thanks again.

Best trick, get some geothermal generators, I got 6 of them hooked to a MFSU with fiber cables, and they produce 120EU/t its the best source of power I've found that is easy to setup (only downside is they are very loud, so you want them to be deep down in the ground to avoid noises), and with a nether base and a pump and an automatic crafting table, you can get an infinite supply of lava cells to get into your generators.