"Error unzipping file" Problem with just forge

yoyohayli

EDIT: I know the title says "with just forge", but I finally got a modpack with just forge to work only to try and add other mods and have the same error pop up. I do not know how to change the title.

Okay, so, I've been trying to create a modpack for my own personal use, but I'm having a lot of trouble. I keep getting that "trouble unzipping file" error and I have tested all these mods together on my actual minecraft, so I know it's not because they conflict with each other.

Here is the link to the pack on technicpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/yoyohaylis-modpack.590450

Now, I've searched through the forums for possible solutions and the same things seem to get repeated a lot, but I swear I'm doing everything being told to others.

1. I downloaded Minecraft Forge version 10.13.2.1291 for Minecraft version 1.7.10

2. I made 3 folders: mods, config, and bin

3. I put the forge file into the /bin folder and renamed it as modpack.jar, making sure there were no extra extensions on the end

4. I placed all the config files for all the mods in the config folder

5. I placed all my mods in the mods folder

6. I packaged those three folders into a file called "yoyohayli_modpack.zip"

7. I hosted that file on dropbox, making sure to follow the instructions on here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

If someone could take a look at what I have and tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be great. I got a modpack to work with purely just forge, but as soon as I add mods, I get that error.

Edited by yoyohayli

Your pack works fine for me. Make sure you are incrementing your version number in the pack settings when you change the modpack archive/download.

I don't really understand what that means. Is that necessary for the file to be unzipped? Because it's just going to be a private file for myself and I still can't download it.

Please, I've been trying for like 3 days and I can't get the unzip error to stop

Edited by yoyohayli

• Discord Moderator

UPDATE: Holy crap, batman. I fixed it just by deleting that modpack from technic altogether, making a new one, and uploading the exact same file. No idea what was wrong. Obviously, it wasn't anything I was doing.

Actually, it was precisely something you were doing... or rather, something you weren't doing. As I mentioned above, your pack settings has a Version Number. This version number MUST be incremented or changed any time you alter your modpack download. Removing the pack from the Launcher and reloading it forces an update.

Actually, it was precisely something you were doing... or rather, something you weren't doing. As I mentioned above, your pack settings has a Version Number. This version number MUST be incremented or changed any time you alter your modpack download. Removing the pack from the Launcher and reloading it forces an update.

Yeah, I quickly figured out how to use it. Thanks for the help!