Post your most painful experience

thecracker

My first trip to the nether to gather some Glowstone...

Got my inventory full with 4 stacks of dust, 10 diamonds, enchanted armor that I found, gold sword, a whole bunch of netherrack and netherbricks, gold and iron ingots...

I'm on my way back, when I get knocked off the cliff by a rat... Directly into lava... >.<

Mine was logging into my server to find that it's having a melt down... A short time later (many hours in fact) figuring it out that the hard drive was experiencing a critical failure (derp). And the pain didn't end there.. Next was my linux distro had experienced download corruption and wouldn't accept any flavor of JAVA. Needless to say finding that out took most of the night. Then to top it off my internet service went out so I couldn't download a new distro. So I installed windows 8 RC and it's running my server as a windows service along with my vent server on the same box.

later

My most painful Tekkit experience was the war a friend of mine and myself had on a private server I was hosting. I didn't have a specifically painful moment, but we both died many times (Along with some of our friends who joined the server to take sides as 'soldiers'), and the world was ruined beyond repair with the massive warfare and frantic mining and building we were all doing.

Eventually we took the battle to the nether, and that was fun: Fight the terrain and native creatures as much as the enemy. In the end our world was destroyed, everyone died many times, and much fun was had. :) It was painful, but a fun experience that we all enjoyed.

i came on to a server to find someone griefed my reactor. by which i mean i accidentally left it on :/

And that is why I do some other form of energy. Solar, water, geothermal in the nether, wind in the End. Another painful experience (keeping it on topic)- holding an RM Morningstar and missing my chest when I right clicked. House? What house?

Went into my reactor room and saw the reactor on... Noticed all the cooling cells were in a chest... Looked at the reactor that was on at the time... Game crashed... when I came back I fell to my death from the crater the reactor left behind :S.

The last few days, where I was learning Thaumcraft in the latest dev build. Every moment. Things I actually said during this amazing journey:

"Finally! I have enough crystals to start a fa--ARROW FROM NOWHERE EEGH! HOT HOT HOT NOOO! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THE LAVA!?"

"Why is the ground purple around the spa--OH GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING THERE ARE MONSTER PIGS SPAWN-CAMPING ME!"

Then after a while I started to cool down and accept the grief I was getting: "How does this quaesitum wo--Oh, an ogre. Goodbye, everything. Sigh." (I actually said sigh.)

I swear, between the updated AI in 1.2.5, the horrible monsters in mo'creatures, and the occasional all-consuming taint infection that forces me to walk miles away from where I am and build a new base or even make a new world just so it doesn't creep over everything I own and make advancement impossible, I don't need multiplayer at all. The single-player game in Technic gives me at least three times as much anguish, grief, and all around wacky hijinks as I'd get if I somehow did something so insanely daring as to call down the wrath of the armies of Avolition upon me. (That's probably hyperbole, but it still gives me more than enough for endless masochistic entertainment and the occasional "I don't wanna play no more." I come back and play more after a little while, of course, but yeah.)