Zombie_Steve999

Question

Hey guys,

Whenever I start up Tekkit main version 1.2.9f it either:

1) [Only if I use Java 7 64 bit] Crashes immediately 

2) [Java 1.8_40 64 bit] I wait 20 minutes then it crashes

I receive no crash report for either of them

3 GB dedicated RAM to the launcher, can run TTPI fine

I'd be happy to answer any queries, this is my first time bug reporting, excuse the lack on info :S

10 answers to this question

• Moderators

post the log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Sorry, I'm really stupid, this is an older log, I already knew what I did wrong, I inspected the log myself. This is my latest log --> http://pastebin.com/YMdSptq0

after it gives me the message: '[B#301]  2015-05-17 20:03:59 [INFO] [Buildcraft] Version check failed' something goes wrong, I left it on the whole night.

Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you :/

[B#301]  Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx256M

Maybe try to remove the environment variable that's forcing only 256MB ram on all java apps and then try to run the modpack.

​Thanks, that was super helpful. I figured out how to fix it by editing system variables but I can't delete them? nor can I edit them [I'm administrator on my laptop]. I've been looking for a solution since 30 mins and found nothing :/

For anyone else having this issue, I solved it by deleting the jinput-dx8 64.dll file in the bin folder at %userprofile%AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\bin\natives

As the game launches delete it again as soon as it apears, I haven't had to do this again to launch the client on either of my machines