How do I disable Microblocks?

Urwy

Hey, I just started up a Tekkit server, and, I'm trying to figure out how to disable stuff. Most importantly I want to disable RedPower's MicroBlocks. (Not the whole mod, just that feature).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is no way to easily disable them, as they are part of the RP core. If you don't want people crafting them, just disable all the handsaws.

Edit: Keep in mind that doing so will prevent the users from making some other items, like, say, most of the RedPower machines.

Why? Why would you disable such useful stuff? It doesn't cause lag, it doesn't explode and make a mess, it has nothing to do with overpowering Minecraft and it helps you out with laying alloy wires. I don't get this one at all. Like lunarknight32 said, if it irritates you in NEI then turn it off in the subsets.

Why? Why would you disable such useful stuff? It doesn't cause lag, it doesn't explode and make a mess, it has nothing to do with overpowering Minecraft and it helps you out with laying alloy wires. I don't get this one at all. Like lunarknight32 said, if it irritates you in NEI then turn it off in the subsets.

I just find all the weird disproportionate blocks to be severely ugly, and even damaging to the Minecraft aesthetic. I enjoy RedPower for all the other things it does, but, personally I think the Microblocks are a terrible idea.

I just find all the weird disproportionate blocks to be severely ugly, and even damaging to the Minecraft aesthetic. I enjoy RedPower for all the other things it does, but, personally I think the Microblocks are a terrible idea.

If you really think that microblocks are a terrible idea, u shouldnt be allowed to use redpower at all. Plus what if other people on ur server want to use them since they think microblocks look good?

Nobody wants to play on a server with a totalitarian admin. If you don't like microblocks, then don't use them in your own builds. Problem solved.

The fact that you are even considering removing them shows that you are extremely inexperienced with RP2. Covers and strips are essential for compact RP2 builds. Removing them would be a real dick move.

Check your graphics options. When smoothness is set to 0, then those microblocks look very ugly yes. The shadows are all fucked up then. Turn the slider up.

Oooh, I didn't know this! The shadows have really been annoying me when using BDCraft textures, so I'm really excited that there's a fix for it. Thanks much :)

If you really think that microblocks are a terrible idea, u shouldnt be allowed to use redpower at all. Plus what if other people on ur server want to use them since they think microblocks look good?

People are allowed to have opinions. I didn't tell you you had to like the fact that I don't like them. Get real.

And I guess it'd be tough shit, because, after all it is MY server. I'm not forcing ANYONE to play on it.

Nobody wants to play on a server with a totalitarian admin. If you don't like microblocks, then don't use them in your own builds. Problem solved.

The fact that you are even considering removing them shows that you are extremely inexperienced with RP2. Covers and strips are essential for compact RP2 builds. Removing them would be a real dick move.

My server is an anarchy server, meaning, no admins, no rules. The fact of the matter is if I want to turn off a feature on a mod, I don't really understand why it's anyone elses concern how I set up my server.

My server is an anarchy server, meaning, no admins, no rules. The fact of the matter is if I want to turn off a feature on a mod, I don't really understand why it's anyone elses concern how I set up my server.

Ugh... another shitty anarchy server. :(

Listen, if you want to call your server "anarchy" there have to actually be no 'rules', hence the name. That means anything goes, including not banning items. In all fairness though, those servers are generally not very successful. If you're saying that there are no admins (i.e. no staff to become friendly with), your players will view your move to ban microblocks as just another dick move by a dick owner and will potentially leave your server.

Ugh... another shitty anarchy server. :(

Listen, if you want to call your server "anarchy" there have to actually be no 'rules', hence the name. That means anything goes, including not banning items. In all fairness though, those servers are generally not very successful. If you're saying that there are no admins (i.e. no staff to become friendly with), your players will view your move to ban microblocks as just another dick move by a dick owner and will potentially leave your server.

Again, how I set up my server isn't really you business. And that's like saying a vanilla anarchy server isn't a legit anarchy server because the owner doesn't allow the use of Equivalent Exchange. I think you're coming around making assumptions, so let me just say, I'm not really worried about becoming successful. In fact, if no more than me and my friends play the game, I don't really give a fuck.

And that's like saying a vanilla anarchy server isn't a legit anarchy server because the owner doesn't allow the use of Equivalent Exchange.

Actually it's nothing like that because the term "Vanilla" in "Vanilla Anarchy Server" means there is nothing changed from the base game.

Turning of micro blocks also messes with rp functionality. Covers let you build rp tubes a lot more compact and you also need them for jacketed wires. It is a stupid idea to turn it off for aesthetics reasons while saying at the same time that you like rp for other reasons. I bet the OP has smooth lighting setting on 0.

If you want to ban microblocks you have to add a permissions plugin to your server and ban them from either placement or crafting. Either way you'll be entering a metric fuckload of itemID:damageValue combinations.

You will be disabling frame motors and computers when you do it as well, since they both require the wire draw plate that is made from diamond and iron microblocks. Plus jacketed wire, which also requires microblocks.

Even with a workaround to let users get the wires needed without the microblocks, you're crippling frame setups since they won't be able to place down wires or control what sides of a frame connect to other blocks.

Okay, locking this thread. I think the question's been answered satisfactorily, and that's enough crap from people (person, whatever) over what defines "anarchy." If you don't like the idea, don't play on the server. You don't need to be a jerk about it.