Will Tekkit Be Updated in time for MC1.3?

I love the technic pack and I've spent alot of time reading forums to learn all I can. This is the first time I've ever posted onto one. First off to the guy who posted the question... Yeah Tekkit is huge and will take a while to update. please be patient. To all the haters was it wrong for him to ask? because if I understand correctly all the snapshots and the prelease was placed out specifically for modders to get ready. They have had time to work with it. maybe not for the day of but still... it shouldn't take "months and months".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... I love these types of posts. They always ruin my faith in humanity.

We all know the release date of MC 1.3, we are one of the larger sub-MC communities. So please don't tell us it like we all have a mental deficiency and don't know it already.

While there will be a release candidate for 1.3, it is absolutely unheard of for mods to be updated the day of. Programming is not a simple thing, and it cannot be done in a hour, day, and sometimes in a week.

Sometimes the mods can take upwards of a month to re-code to work with the new minecraft. And because 1.3 is almost revamping the way MC works internally, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3-5 weeks to update everything, and even more for the technic team to put everything together and get it working nicely.

So please drop your "I WANT IT NOW BCUZ WA1TInG IS FO L0SERz" attitude.

If I sound like an a**hole, it's because I am. Thanks for noticing.

All he wanted to know was if tekkit would be out in time for 1.3. You didn't have to come and be a jerk about it. And really, if you don't like these type of posts, why did you ever look at this one in the first place? People like you are the absolute bane of my existence. I personally don't think that 8 year olds who've been spoiled rotten to think that they're better than everyone because their mommy's got some money to spend should be on the internet. So please, find something better to do than be a jerk to people asking simple questions.

All he wanted to know was if tekkit would be out in time for 1.3. You didn't have to come and be a jerk about it. And really, if you don't like these type of posts, why did you ever look at this one in the first place? People like you are the absolute bane of my existence. I personally don't think that 8 year olds who've been spoiled rotten to think that they're better than everyone because their mommy's got some money to spend should be on the internet. So please, find something better to do than be a jerk to people asking simple questions.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. We don't want people asking extraordinarily simple questions around here - it clutters up the board. We want them thinking for themselves for 30 seconds, and if they still want to ask the question, keep thinking. Only when you've exhausted personal thought should you be asking about stuff like the OP. Contrary to popular beliefs, there's such a thing as a dumb question, and they are all too common. Also, where did the bolded part come from? We've kicked all the 8-year-olds off the site, unless they're really good at hiding it. :)

While I agree, there are a lot of idiots in the world, it doesn't give you the right to flat-out insult the OP just for asking a question; Regardless of how moronic it may seem to you. Maybe he's new to Tekkit and doesn't know how things operate yet? Maybe this person is an immature 12 year old who doesn't know any better? You really think your hurtful words are going to change this persons life? Make him go home and re-think the very virtues he's lived by up until now? No, you're going to drive this person away instead of helping him realize his short-comings and then perhaps becoming a contributing member of this forum.

I always find it funny how people refer to themselves as "ass-holes" like it's hereditary. As if you're apart of this elite hierarchy of people born with the super-rare "ass-hole" gene. You are apart of a hierarchy of people, it's called "Douche-bags". ~ No offense.

I refer to myself as an asshole because I am smart enough to recognize one. You are obviously just an idiot who assumes things about people when you have no idea what you're talking about. I am not part of some "hierarchy" of people, nor was a born an asshole. In fact, only recently have I become one. The hordes or moronic questions I get asked on a daily basis, observing others lack of basic sense (I refuse to refer to it as common sense), etc have ruined my faith in a large majority of humanity, and hence I am a cold and bitter asshole. Thanks for assuming things like a moron tho, good to know. :)

I love you, nohomo lol.

I typically try to forcefully prod them in the general direction, but that depends on how many engineers I've argued with at work that day.

<3 My father is an engineer, and he goes though the same thing. I feel your pain. :P

Do you have something against engineers?

This is also how we tend to operate around here. Most people think we're being insulted, but truth be told we're helping them figure out how to operate in society by not being dumb.

You sir just gave me a new signature qoute.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. We don't want people asking extraordinarily simple questions around here - it clutters up the board. We want them thinking for themselves for 30 seconds, and if they still want to ask the question, keep thinking. Only when you've exhausted personal thought should you be asking about stuff like the OP. Contrary to popular beliefs, there's such a thing as a dumb question, and they are all too common. Also, where did the bolded part come from? We've kicked all the 8-year-olds off the site, unless they're really good at hiding it. :)

And a second one.

Somehow I missed this post. LOL my mommy's got money to spend? K. I'm an asshole so you assumed I'm rich. Gotcha. Because it's competently insane to assume a middle class citizen can become an asshole due to circumstances of their life. Both my parents work my ass off to put me though a decent school, and we have extremely little "money to spend." I am extremely grateful for both my parents sacrifices and probably show them more respect then you have ever shown either of your parents. And I'm only 17. What 17 year old do you know that is actually grateful to be put though a tough school by their parents? How in the hell did you assume that I'm rich, that simply makes no sense.

Also, on another note. You're wrong. He wasn't asking if tekkit would be out for 1.3, he was asking if it would be out the day 1.3 came out because HE WAHNT ITZ NOWZ.

I'm the spoiled one? Morons like you are the bane of MY existence. But there seem to be many many more of you then there are thinking, smart individuals, so I'll have to deal.

Somehow I missed this post. LOL my mommy's got money to spend? K. I'm an asshole so you assumed I'm rich. Gotcha. Because it's competently insane to assume a middle class citizen can become an asshole due to circumstances of their life. Both my parents work my ass off to put me though a decent school, and we have extremely little "money to spend." I am extremely grateful for both my parents sacrifices and probably show them more respect then you have ever shown either of your parents. And I'm only 17. What 17 year old do you know that is actually grateful to be put though a tough school by their parents? How in the hell did you assume that I'm rich, that simply makes no sense.

Also, on another note. You're wrong. He wasn't asking if tekkit would be out for 1.3, he was asking if it would be out the day 1.3 came out because HE WAHNT ITZ NOWZ.

I'm the spoiled one? Morons like you are the bane of MY existence. But there seem to be many many more of you then there are thinking, smart individuals, so I'll have to deal.

I actually laughed twice at this post. Once was due to a slip. I bolded the spots.

I actually laughed twice at this post. Once was due to a slip. I bolded the spots.

LOL you know what I'll leave that typo in there just because. I actually manage to type faster then my brain can proofread on the spot. :P

needless to say, I work my own ass off at school, they work theirs off to put me through it. :)

Does anybody know Tekkit will be updated in time for minecraft 1.3 because i want the new items when minecraft 1.3 is OUT Mc 1.3 Relesed Date 1st aug 2012

Does anyone here not think that is asking for an ETA?

There is a rule about asking for an eta in the global rules post. It clearly states

No asking for ETA's - We are tired of these questions. Updates depend on lots of different things and they happen when they happen.

If you scroll down a little further it also says...

Violation of any of these rules will result in the user being berated by the community until he/she cries like a little whiny bitch.

I refer to myself as an asshole because I am smart enough to recognize one. You are obviously just an idiot who assumes things about people when you have no idea what you're talking about. I am not part of some "hierarchy" of people, nor was a born an asshole. In fact, only recently have I become one. The hordes or moronic questions I get asked on a daily basis, observing others lack of basic sense (I refuse to refer to it as common sense), etc have ruined my faith in a large majority of humanity, and hence I am a cold and bitter asshole. Thanks for assuming things like a moron tho, good to know. :)

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You call me a moron for assuming you're a douche bag without knowing you yet you call me, and everyone who disagrees with you, an idiot without knowing them. You say you've lost faith in humanity and that the world has turned you into an asshole. Seeing as you're ONLY 17 you've got a looong and hard road ahead of you. You've got a lot to learn about life if you think it's morally sound to be an asshole. It's one thing to be an asshole without realizing it. At least then you can figure out what you're doing wrong and realize how terribly you're treating people. I know it may be hard to understand, but the world doesn't get better with a bunch of bitter assholes sitting around complaining how everything's gone to shit. The world is changed by compassionate visionaries willing to make the sacrifices needed to make a difference.

You guys wouldn't know an asshole if it sat on your face and fed you chocolate.

That being said, if you don't understand what technic/tekkit is and ask things like if it will be ready "in time" for the next Minecraft release, you're just painting a big bullseye on yourself for the ridicule patrol.

It's hard to respect anyone who doesn't put an effort into understanding what it is Technic and Tekkit are.

Doomgiver: I am an asshole. A real big one and you can bet your ass I know one when I see one. You aren't one, you're just a douche canoe padding upstream with a fish, thinking you're making some kind of progress. You're not. All you're doing is successfully making a lot of noise and pounding your chest. I wasn't an asshole at 17, no one was. At 17 we all excelled at two things:

1. Thinking we knew shit.

2. Annoying everyone around us.

Doesn't matter who you are or what you think you did differently, these are the two things you excel at when you're 17.

Now stop crapping up the post. They smell like a mixture of compost, skunk, and the body odor of a 40 year old dockworker who hasn't showered in weeks.

I'm confused. When did it become cool to be an asshole? It seems everyone is trying to be one, and other cool assholes are denying the right to be an asshole to other more petty assholes. Is it a trend I missed? Are nice people hipsters, since being an asshole is becoming cool and mainstream?

I'm confused. When did it become cool to be an asshole? It seems everyone is trying to be one, and other cool assholes are denying the right to be an asshole to other more petty assholes. Is it a trend I missed? Are nice people hipsters, since being an asshole is becoming cool and mainstream?

I've just accepted the label at this point. It's not so much owning the title as it is owning your words. I've said some pretty shitty things and although I may not agree with them now, I still own them as my own words because at the time I meant what I said. I don't come across as warm and fuzzy most of the time but I don't think that has a place on the internet, so I don't do it. I save my warm and fuzzies for the people who matter; my family.

I don't think it's cool to be an asshole and anyone who does is in for a shocking and lonely contest prize. It's not something to strive for.

I've been called an asshole and a dick more times than I can count here and other places. Maybe because I don't post LOL or some smiley emoticon to let people know I'm posting lightheartedly or what have you, probably because I'm not. But I try to deliver ways for people to do things on their own without coming here and asking for help like the tens and hundreds before them. Instead of giving a hungry man a fish to eat for a day, I teach the hungry man to fish so he can eat for a lifetime.

Then I get called an asshole/dick for it because I didn't feed a hungry man.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself an asshole, and I'd bet over 95% of the people who have played on the servers I've run would attest that I am not.

Where I DO get regarded as an asshole is when I don't allow variances to clearly-defined rules or special treatment of those that somehow think it's owed to them.

While we're on the topic, the bane of my existence is anyone - regardless of age - who thinks they can trot up to a project/server/forum/etc that someone else has invested much of their own time selflessly and expect to get something because they requested it. Seriously, what happened to the values of "you get what you work for" and "patience is a virtue", to where so many people these days think they are owed something without putting any effort into it themselves? Whether that be using a search bar to find info on a forum/Google/Wiki, realizing that people working on the Technic project have a real life and other issues in the modding world that restrain their timeframe of releases, or the constant nagging of "when is the admin shop going to be opened" when there are much more significant issues that need to be addressed that affect running and playing on a server? This instant gratification attitude of today is absolute bs.

That being said, thank you to those that work on projects/servers/provide valuable answers or input on the forums. I know putting up with these frustrations is cumbersome, and you don't get paid for doing what you do, and may even be paying out of your own pocket, but your hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.

I try to deliver ways for people to do things on their own without coming here and asking for help like the tens and hundreds before them. Instead of giving a hungry man a fish to eat for a day, I teach the hungry man to fish so he can eat for a lifetime.

Then I get called an asshole/dick for it because I didn't feed a hungry man.

Well said!

Instead of giving a hungry man a fish to eat for a day, I teach the hungry man to fish so he can eat for a lifetime.

Quote (Not mine, but don't remember where I heard it): "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky to be alive, and he'll find a way to catch another fish for you tomorrow." :twisted:

Why don't we stop ridiculing the op since he is clearly just excited for it and thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone without understanding he would be hated. Instead lets make up fake answers for him to satisfy is sexual organs.

If the Technic team continue working like now, the 1.3 version of Technic will be out in three hours! Do you think you can wait until then?

I never said I couldn't wait. If you read my post you would know that I am saying the op not me. FOG OFF

D: You tell me to make up fake answers for him to satisfy is sexual organs(WTF?), I do, and do I get? I get to go in the fog.

XD, I thought it was obvious that I was directing this at the OP, not you, sorry. :D

Quote (Not mine, but don't remember where I heard it): ...Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky to be alive, and he'll find a way to catch another fish for you tomorrow." :twisted:

I love this and I love you for posting it.

Lots of love,

Beer

people say it will take along time but when you think about it, it might be quicker than you expect. 1.3 has had alot of pre-realeses and developers will look at them and get prepared for 1.3

Utter nonsense, its rare for the software modders use to be updated for pre-releases. The important stuff like MCP to decompile the obscuficated mess that mojang put out, and Forge to provide hooks for plugins. Then when that is done, to get Bukkit versions of various mods, and to rewrite bukkit itself.

Unless a modder is part of the Forge team, eloraam for instance, then they have to wait for coders before they can even compile their mod for 1.3 SSP.

People don't try to be an asshole, and it's obviously not cool to be an asshole. Labeling someone an asshole is based on perception, I don't see these people as assholes at all, they're merely stating a point. If that point happens to be condescending to a moron who obviously posted something without reading first then so be it.

Now in my perception we have a lot of fools replying here, they are all defending the first idiot who started this discussion. The reason I'm calling them fools is they are enabling people to ask questions that have answers already on these forums. If you read up a little there are a ton explanations of how these mods are updated, nevermind that if you're wondering how long the 1.3 version of Industrial Craft is going to be, or any other mod that is included in Tekkit, you don't ask here, you ask on their own forums or minecraft forums post.

Then add into the fact that Tekkit relies on a MCPC port of all the mods, so it all relies on Bukkit. (on a side note, the first RB for bukkit has been released, http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-1-3-1-r1-0-is-now-available.91330/)

This is also how we tend to operate around here. Most people think we're being insulted, but truth be told we're helping them figure out how to operate in society by not being dumb.

This brings to mind ESR's "Smart Questions FAQ":

Dealing with rudeness

Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.

[ snip... ]

On Not Reacting Like A Loser

Odds are you'll screw up a few times on hacker community forums — in ways detailed in this article, or similar. And you'll be told exactly how you screwed up, possibly with colourful asides. In public.

When this happens, the worst thing you can do is whine about the experience, claim to have been verbally assaulted, demand apologies, scream, hold your breath, threaten lawsuits, complain to people's employers, leave the toilet seat up, etc. Instead, here's what you do:

Get over it. It's normal. In fact, it's healthy and appropriate.

Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. Don't whine that all criticism should have been conveyed via private e-mail: That's not how it works. Nor is it useful to insist you've been personally insulted when someone comments that one of your claims was wrong, or that his views differ. Those are loser attitudes.

There have been hacker forums where, out of some misguided sense of hyper-courtesy, participants are banned from posting any fault-finding with another's posts, and told “Don't say anything if you're unwilling to help the user.” The resulting departure of clueful participants to elsewhere causes them to descend into meaningless babble and become useless as technical forums.

Exaggeratedly “friendly” (in that fashion) or useful: Pick one.

(Emphasis mine.)

Overall I find ESR's Smart Questions FAQ unnecessarily condescending, but these parts of it are very, very true. If anything, I think application of the community standards isn't strict enough; but then again, I'm used to professional environments like StackOverflow. I keep on forgetting that a lot of users on this forum are probably young'uns who need gentle prodding in the direction of netiquette.

Or, you know, not quite so gentle... :twisted:

I, unlike you, am not a mod. I have to be careful not to overstep my authority...

Edit: Really, low-effort or badly-written posts just make me angry and frustrated, so 90% of the time I just skip them entirely. This is one of the things that frustrates me about Technic Questions - 90% of the questions there would be blammed into oblivion if posted somewhere like Stack Overflow, where "try to help yourself first" and "write proper English sentences" are heavily enforced rules.

Well, that and the outstanding bugs / misfeatures by design in the Q2A install used for Technic Questions - brand-new users *still* can't ask questions, comment, or vote. I've been holding off on downvotes because if I put people into negative rep they'll *never* get comment privileges.

Edit: Ironically, for spelling and grammar.