Will Tekkit Be Updated in time for MC1.3?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know Tekkit will be updated in time for minecraft 1.3 because i want the new items when minecraft 1.3 is OUT Mc 1.3 Relesed Date 1st aug 2012

It came out for 1.2.5 like a month ago. Sorry to burst your bubble, kid, but you're gonna have to wait a LONG time for everything to update. First Bukkit, then all the popular-ish mods, then the not-so-popular-ish mods, and finally when all the components are updated and relatively stable, the Tekkit team will begin to integrate them. This will take months so do not get your hopes up.

Sigh... I love these types of posts. They always ruin my faith in humanity.

We all know the release date of MC 1.3, we are one of the larger sub-MC communities. So please don't tell us it like we all have a mental deficiency and don't know it already.

While there will be a release candidate for 1.3, it is absolutely unheard of for mods to be updated the day of. Programming is not a simple thing, and it cannot be done in a hour, day, and sometimes in a week.

Sometimes the mods can take upwards of a month to re-code to work with the new minecraft. And because 1.3 is almost revamping the way MC works internally, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3-5 weeks to update everything, and even more for the technic team to put everything together and get it working nicely.

So please drop your "I WANT IT NOW BCUZ WA1TInG IS FO L0SERz" attitude.

If I sound like an a**hole, it's because I am. Thanks for noticing.

@DoomGiver32: I think your right. From what I understand it will take a long time for alot of the mods to update. 1.3 will be a doozy, most parts of the game will be going server side.

Yeah. 1.3 is changing a whole lot behind the scenes, I'm glad I'm not a modder, this is going to be their version of hell. :P I just don't see why people bother to ask these questions, it's not like they've EVER been received nicely.

Ok I'll stop replying to this thread now so it dies in a fire. If you read this, you should probably do the same. :)

Sigh... I love these types of posts. They always ruin my faith in humanity.

We all know the release date of MC 1.3, we are one of the larger sub-MC communities. So please don't tell us it like we all have a mental deficiency and don't know it already.

While there will be a release candidate for 1.3, it is absolutely unheard of for mods to be updated the day of. Programming is not a simple thing, and it cannot be done in a hour, day, and sometimes in a week.

Sometimes the mods can take upwards of a month to re-code to work with the new minecraft. And because 1.3 is almost revamping the way MC works internally, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 3-5 weeks to update everything, and even more for the technic team to put everything together and get it working nicely.

So please drop your "I WANT IT NOW BCUZ WA1TInG IS FO L0SERz" attitude.

If I sound like an a**hole, it's because I am. Thanks for noticing.

Answers like this always "ruin my faith in humanity" , He was asking a short and fair question he did not have a "I WANT IT NOW BCUZ WA1TInG IS FO L0SERz" attitude he just wanted to know if he could expect to update when it is released, So how about you drop your "EVERYB0DY IS A FKIN IDIOT" attitude and go kill yourself you stupid sh*t

No it's a dumb and ignorant question and shows a complete lack of understanding about just what Tekkit is. All he cares about is, in his own words "i want the new items when minecraft 1.3 is OUT". Personally I support DoomGiver attitude as is might make people actually go out and become more informed, instead of having their hand held all the time, but I don't hold much hope in it.

Answers like this always "ruin my faith in humanity" , He was asking a short and fair question he did not have a "I WANT IT NOW BCUZ WA1TInG IS FO L0SERz" attitude he just wanted to know if he could expect to update when it is released, So how about you drop your "EVERYB0DY IS A FKIN IDIOT" attitude and go kill yourself you stupid sh*t

Well, everyone IS an idiot, as you just showed yourself. You are trying to tell me he's NOT saying "I WANT IT NOW" however, he states IN HIS POST, qoute:

because i want the new items when minecraft 1.3 is OUT

Did you even f*cking bother to read the post buddy? Obviously not. You are obviously a idiot, as is the OP, as is 99% of humanity. If you truly believe most of humanity is competent, you are a fool.

Also.

No it's a dumb and ignorant question and shows a complete lack of understanding about just what Tekkit is. All he cares about is, in his own words "i want the new items when minecraft 1.3 is OUT". Personally I support DoomGiver attitude as is might make people actually go out and become more informed, instead of having their hand held all the time, but I don't hold much hope in it.

I appreciate the support, it's not often I find it on forums, generally I'm simply being insulted for being a "dick". :D My theory is, if you insult someone enough, MAYBE they'll go and try to figure out WHY they were insulted so much, instead of just sitting here expecting the world to be handed to them like the pampered fools they are.

could be fun to see this coming soon - and since things tend to speed up with time - we might see the mods getting updated shortly. I have noticed 1.3.1 works so much faster on my pc, hence my hopes for the same in tekkit. I have been asking the same question myself if anyone has ETA of this -so stop flaming around like kids - as I think 90% of forum users has this question in mind.

we cant change it nor speed it up, but I have noticed some vanilla mods already put up either 1.3.1 vesrion, suggested ETA, or just marked the thread ''update to 1.3.1'' in progress. Expectations are as much important as results - after all mods are done for fans of mods, all the work time contribution and creativity is done for fans like you or me. Every decent developer/modder knows that without respect back for ppl who support their creations - they would be sitting back in basement with their ideas.

fingers crossed - hope for the best, and encourage devs with donations and support.

My theory is, if you insult someone enough, MAYBE they'll go and try to figure out WHY they were insulted so much, instead of just sitting here expecting the world to be handed to them like the pampered fools they are.

I love you, nohomo lol.

I typically try to forcefully prod them in the general direction, but that depends on how many engineers I've argued with at work that day.

I typically try to forcefully prod them in the general direction, but that depends on how many engineers I've argued with at work that day.

Do you have something against engineers?

My theory is, if you insult someone enough, MAYBE they'll go and try to figure out WHY they were insulted so much, instead of just sitting here expecting the world to be handed to them like the pampered fools they are.

This is also how we tend to operate around here. Most people think we're being insulted, but truth be told we're helping them figure out how to operate in society by not being dumb.

Well, everyone IS an idiot, as you just showed yourself. You are trying to tell me he's NOT saying "I WANT IT NOW" however, he states IN HIS POST, qoute:

Did you even f*cking bother to read the post buddy? Obviously not. You are obviously a idiot, as is the OP, as is 99% of humanity. If you truly believe most of humanity is competent, you are a fool.

Also.

I appreciate the support, it's not often I find it on forums, generally I'm simply being insulted for being a "dick". :D My theory is, if you insult someone enough, MAYBE they'll go and try to figure out WHY they were insulted so much, instead of just sitting here expecting the world to be handed to them like the pampered fools they are.

While I agree, there are a lot of idiots in the world, it doesn't give you the right to flat-out insult the OP just for asking a question; Regardless of how moronic it may seem to you. Maybe he's new to Tekkit and doesn't know how things operate yet? Maybe this person is an immature 12 year old who doesn't know any better? You really think your hurtful words are going to change this persons life? Make him go home and re-think the very virtues he's lived by up until now? No, you're going to drive this person away instead of helping him realize his short-comings and then perhaps becoming a contributing member of this forum.

I always find it funny how people refer to themselves as "ass-holes" like it's hereditary. As if you're apart of this elite hierarchy of people born with the super-rare "ass-hole" gene. You are apart of a hierarchy of people, it's called "Douche-bags". ~ No offense.

Do you have something against engineers?

Seeing how as I'm one myself, not really. I guess it's more people in general with no "common sense" that irritates me. I'm just stuck with the same engineers every day at work and it's additionally frustrating when I'm working people that are smart enough that they design missile systmes, vehicles and nuclear power plants, but have no "common sense" on how to interract appropriately with the real world and people around them.

*common sense in quotes because I believe it's not common anymore

Also, quote of the week:

Most people think we're being insulting, but truth be told we're helping them figure out how to operate in society by not being dumb.

I always find it funny how people refer to themselves as "ass-holes" like it's hereditary. As if you're apart of this elite hierarchy of people born with the super-rare "ass-hole" gene. You are apart of a hierarchy of people, it's called "Douche-bags". ~ No offense.

First off, "apart" and "a part" are complete opposites. The former meaning not a part of and the latter, obviously, meaning a part of. Second, saying no offense right after calling someone a douche bag doesn't make your statement any better and doesn't make sense at all. Finally, "ass-holes" and "Douche-bags" are often used interchangeably and should be at the same level in this imaginary hierarchy you speak of.

It's in the Geneva Convention, look it up.

In all seriousness, I said "No offense" because I didn't want you to take my comment personally. I was making an observation from what I've seen from you so far. If you aren't a giant sack 'o douche IRL then I humbly apologize. Either way, I don't think the OP deserved the lashing he got.

To be somewhat on the dangerous topic of the OP almost asking for an ETA, perhaps a sticky post listing the current development status of all included mods would be beneficial to reducing some of the requests?

(Not likely all... some people are just dumb)

To be somewhat on the dangerous topic of the OP almost asking for an ETA, perhaps a sticky post listing the current development status of all included mods would be beneficial to reducing some of the requests?

Maybe we could encourage the OP to do the research and create a progress post, probably better than just bashing him over the head with the usual dont ask for ETAs replies, that is if we havent scared him off from posting permenatly.

(Not likely all... some people are just dumb)

Something like this was done for Technic a while back. You're welcome to post something - I won't stop you, and it might even get a sticky it if it's good enough. It's just that it's a hard and thankless job to keep up with the progress of all the mods, especially if you're not in direct contact with the modders.