Cyclotron Industries - Delicious Cake Update!

flamingsalad

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Flamingsalad where the hell did you learn to do this! I've been playing tekkit for year and I think I can only just manage that, the only thing I wouldn't be able to do is the computer

I spent a few days playing around with the mod with my friends, and in that time I experimented with the machine blocks and piping, with the wiki as a guide. Actually, most of what I learnt was from the wiki, but I tried things out on a smaller scale before I started this project.

ComputerCraft wasn't that difficult for me to jump into. I'm already familiar with a few coding languages, so all I had to do was to learn the syntax for lua. The algorithms themselves are pretty basic.

I spent a few days playing around with the mod with my friends, and in that time I experimented with the machine blocks and piping, with the wiki as a guide. Actually, most of what I learnt was from the wiki, but I tried things out on a smaller scale before I started this project.

ComputerCraft wasn't that difficult for me to jump into. I'm already familiar with a few coding languages, so all I had to do was to learn the syntax for lua. The algorithms themselves are pretty basic.

Nice this Is really impressive, great work :)

Did you use ccsensors in the new update?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks crazy complex, but very cool.

Thanks! :D

Do you need a better host? If so my tekkit server that I own would love to give you private world and dedicated ram to help with your project. :-)

Thanks for the offer, but I've put this project on hold for a while. I'm not sure what else I can add to it, and I'm currently working on something else (an attempt at a 1:1 replica of a building) at the moment so it might take a while for me to come back to this.

Dude 2 questions.

1. Could you send me the coding to do that with the Computer/Monitor?

2. What does those coloured pipes do? that arn't textured?

1. Do you want the code that displays the system statuses on the screen or the code that lets you control the individual systems? I have two different computers, one for fetching statuses and displaying, and the other for controlling.

2. What coloured pipes? Mind linking me to the screenshot that has them?

Dude 2 questions.

1. Could you send me the coding to do that with the Computer/Monitor?

I'd also like to see the code. I can write a few programs, but not so much, so I'd like to learn a bit from your code. Probably will write my own from scratch, while checking a few things from your code.

Alright, here (clicky) you guys go. I've included the code for both the machine control computer and the fetch-and-display computer. ID 2 is the machine control computer and ID 9 is the display one. I've included some comments in the code just in case. If you still don't understand any part of it, don't hesitate to ask! (: Have fun!

Thanks flamingsalad even though myself will not be using the code directly its extremely helpful and educational.

Thank you!

No problem! To be honest, It really doesn't matter to me if you use the code wholesale (but chances are you'll need to make very minor edits like colours or number of systems since your configurations are probably different). The coding was really one of the easier parts of this project and took me very little time; building the systems and pipe/tube/cable networks were the things that I actually spent a lot of time on. Soooo, yeah.

Same tbh I do a lot of CC coding as the language used is extremely familiar but the method to achieve certain things has been eluding me and I'm sure your script (when I get a chance to fully read it) will help me get around a few issues I have encountered or at least improve upon my existing code.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! This is really impressive for someone that has been playing for such a short time! Firstly I would like to ask how it long it took to build and I recommend ender chests and teleport pipes to make things more compact. :)

Took me about 11 days, excluding the cake factory. As mentioned before, I already tried using teleport pipes, but I always had to reinitialize them when I reconnected, so I removed them. I plan on implementing Ender chests, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yo flamingsalad I am waiting for a month where stays the download ?

And it doesn't matter if you think its ugly I wanna make some changes and give you the world back, maybe you like it ;)

You say that as if I promised a download. I did not.

Also, as of now, the world has a few other creations that my friends have built. I'll have to copy the world over to a new server and remove all of their things (using worldedit) before I can release this.