1.3 Change log

Pulse95

Yeah, but piracy is piracy. Pirates are after convenience, and modding the source of a demo, vs just creating a Minecraft account and using Mineshafter? I mean, I might do it for the lulz, but why would anyone use it?

People cracked the android demo as well but that would probably unlock the game outright.

Though I wonder what use the PC demo would yield for cracking it. Though we should probably tread lightly talking about that as we may get flagged for it. But they support the game why not just buy the game, I understand temporary to test it out before a purchase but you should buy it if u support it.

I don't know why there is a DEMO version unless you guys are talking about when you just don't log into the client and use offline mode. Which I have to admit that would annoy me when my internet goes because of moving house or if I am on a holiday on a laptop and I just want to play Technic or Vanilla at lunch or something like that.

If there is a proper demo then I can see someone probably cracking it as the Demo would be much like the android demo where cracking would give u unlimited game time and it would also save the signup process and the third party client requirement as it would be for SP, The Demo I don't think is any different unless they actually removed code to remove content from the game otherwise it would be identical to the premium client and you could use mods and stuff for SP.

Pirates, much like other people, come in many varieties. Some are after convenience, and some just want to build a giant wrought iron middle finger in front of FBI headquarters. If it's hackable, it'll get hacked, this is just a reality that we have to live with in the modern age.

Pirates, much like other people, come in many varieties. Some are after convenience, and some just want to build a giant wrought iron middle finger in front of FBI headquarters. If it's hackable, it'll get hacked, this is just a reality that we have to live with in the modern age.

Exactly. Like I said, the degree to which people in general will go to screw with Mojang is directly proportional to the degree in which Mojang screws with people in general.

Exactly. Like I said, the degree to which people in general will go to screw with Mojang is directly proportional to the degree in which Mojang screws with people in general.

"Oh hey, we're making a modding API for 1.3!"

"Actually no, we're merging SMP and SSP instead, the processor load will be increased, but we'll fix it with optimizations."

"Oh yeah, we're not actually going to optimize it until 1.4, so if your PC isn't good enough to play it now, go fuck yourself"

I lol'd irl when i read this because its so true, thx for this.

"Actually no, we're merging SMP and SSP instead, the processor load will be increased, but we'll fix it with optimizations."

"Oh yeah, we're not actually going to optimize it until 1.4, so if your PC isn't good enough to play it now, go fuck yourself"

I think we both know there are more things wrong with the code base than just simple tweaks, For starters why the hell would they have Bukkit not merge with the Server Jar, instead they told Bukkit to work on the vanilla commands. I have said a long time ago now that I was sure Mojang is not modding biggest fan, this would explain a lot of things. I'm pretty confident on Spouts new goals though. I also agree with jakj I lost faith in Mojang a loong time ago, dare I say Mojang are turning out to be a little brother too EA :o.

Aside from all of this people keep sending notes about 1.3 and I keep telling them that until true modding support comes and another dinky wrapper but a proper server controls client situation I'm not interested I am 100% Tekkit now I also think that Tekkit may end up moving to the new Spout Server once that matures up and people start noticing and coding for it though I could be wrong but it does look promising. I had a play with Vanilla 1.3 as well and it doesn't look good that is for sure so many bugs many things were broken, even the whole way they merged SP and MP was wrong they should have used the SP code and rewrote MP for that not the other way around SMP in vanilla had issues the SP jar was a lot more stable.

Can anyone actually tell me about this Demo as it is the first I read about any such thing, I know you can go offline mode but have Mojang released a cut down version of the game as a demo or is the demo just a modified current client. If the demo is a uncut client than sure I can totally see crackers modding that so to save the whole 15 or less of trouble it would take to play SP as it would be equal to the reason they cracked the Android version of the game the source was the same but the game play time was limited.

Don't forget "We will release the NDA'd source code to a set of licensed and approved modders.", which conveniently has been dropped now that Notch buggered off.

And all of us alpha players should keep in mind the ages-old promise of "If I or the players ever lose interest in this game enough to not make it commercially-viable, I'll release it to the public and let you guys have it.", which lasted precisely as long as it took for Notch's first gold-plated toilet seat to arrive.

Let's all be honest, here: All they'd have to do is stop obfuscating the source, and every worthwhile modder on the planet wouldn't give two shits about anything else, because we are fully-capable of producing our own APIs and packs. Despite the vomitous shitpot the modding community is right now, given enough time, equilibrium and entropy both would play their part and eventually something would precipitate into a cohesive whole (of which Forge is one of the earliest examples), thereby leading to future efforts sticking to that precipitation out of sheer momentum, and finally a "core" modding community that might actually keep the pot spinning in one direction for a while.

Fuck Mojang's modding API, fuck all that, fuck their past promises. Just turn off the linker flag that obfuscates the damn program, and leave us be. So easy.

Obfuscation makes decompilation more difficult, forcing people like Searge (MCP) to painstakingly reverse-engineer the code using logic, trial and error, and educated guesses. The intent is copy-protection, for the most part, as stupid as any other such measure, but they continue to delude themselves and we either suck it or walk out the door.

That's exactly what they just said, though. According to Minecraft Wiki:

Statement from Mojang: The release has been updated to 1.3.1 instead of just 1.3, because the obfuscation was wrong and made life (more) difficult for modders.

So yeah, talking out of both sides of their mouth.

That's exactly what they just said, though. According to Minecraft Wiki:

Statement from Mojang: The release has been updated to 1.3.1 instead of just 1.3, because the obfuscation was wrong and made life (more) difficult for modders.

So yeah, talking out of both sides of their mouth.

That's the same as saying "I will kill you and revive you afterwards" 0.o

Pirates, much like other people, come in many varieties. Some are after convenience, and some just want to build a giant wrought iron middle finger in front of FBI headquarters.

This would be fun. Anyone have a working nanobot design that could do it in the middle of the day?