The Helen Keller Guide: How to be unkellered and preventing yourself from getting kellered again

Techpriest

If you understand then why you were kellered then I have no idea why you're looking here. Go make yourself that you can be you can be an acceptable member of the community.

This thread is mainly to provide Hellen Kellers the way to prevent themself from getting kellered again or BANNED.

This thread is organized by two contents: Prevent yourself from getting kellered and how to get unkellered. I'll start with the content, how to get unkellered first, but first, I have to explain to you where the Hellen Keller status came from.

Where did the Hellen Keller status came from?

Due to my inference, the Hellen Keller status was created as meaning, Helen Keller was a woman that was both blind and deaf. If you fail to read the rules, you are blind. If you continue to break the rules, you are deaf. Helen Kellering is a simple way of telling "Read the rules or go away."

How to get unkellered:

• Wait it out: It's simple, just go play your Call of Duty game, a normal keller duration is about 3 weeks or less, according to what moderator has been posting in other people requesting their Keller status removed.
  • Post an extraordinary helpful thread: If you can't wait 3 weeks, post a thread that could be helpful to the Technic community. Don't post like: H0w n0t t0 b3 bann3d, or copying others thread, that'll result in a longer duration of the Keller status. Remember, if your thread has a proper format and people could understand what you are saying, then a moderator might forgive you, and unkeller you.

Now, for the second content.

How to prevent from getting kellered(again):

• Follow the rules: If you follow the rules, you have a less chance of acutally getting kellered, this is the #1 reason, why people are always kellered.
  • Read the stickies in the section you are posting: They are stickied for a reason, read them before posting a thread.
  • Is my post useful: Please ask yourself, is my thread interesting? If it is then, is my thread going to help anyone, or give someone a laugh or two?
  • N0 l33t 0r any pers0n mimicing a pers0n with a mental dis0rder talk: Don't say "Oh hai der, y0u s33 my t3kkit launch3r start3d to m3ss up and then a gh0st apper and star to hac my compute and give m3 a bull shit of death(BSoD). Sorry, if anyone can't read it beside you, then it's a waste of space.
  • Don't EVER sign your post: You will be warned for this, but if you keep doing this to all of your replies/threads, then you could be kellered. Why? Your username is right there, just tilt left, and wa la, there's your username, no need to sign your name.
  • Don't post stupid and pointless threads: Don't post something like, "Oh hai, I like to munch on cookiz, what you like to eat? No, if it was "Oh hello there, I like to make a thread about people's favorite food. So the question is, what is your favorite food?" Then, somehow that would be acceptable.
  • Be treated the way you treat others: If you treat others like shit, then others will treat you like shit. If you get Kellered, that's your problem for treating other like shit, and not following the rules.
  • No memes: If you post up a meme, saying "OH MAI GAWD IT'S OVER 9000!" or something related to a popular meme, first, stand up, next, sit down, then, ask yourself, do "I copy other people just to become popular?" If you want to post a meme, make your own, don't go copying others.
  • POST in the CORRECT section: I see most people having a bug report. So, first they make a bug report in the wrong section.
  • Respect the moderators and admins: They are at that rank for a good reason. If you try to get in an argument with them, then you better hope, that you can win that argument which is a 1% chance.
  • Do not ever backseat mod: Don't think you can become a moderator by acting like a moderator, moderators are handpicked by admins who thinks they are worthy of becoming a moderator.
  • Do not PM admins or moderators with a bug report, or someone is breaking a rule: We have a good reason why we have a report abuse button, and a bug section.
  • Don't discuss about illegal activity: If you do want to discuss it, link it to somewhere else, don't get the Technic community involved with the government.
  • Don't be racist or sexist: For example, if someone says she/he is a female, then believe them, don't say TITS OR GTFO!

That's pretty much how people become deaf and blindkellered, most of these are in the rules, so just read them!

This thread will be UPDATED when I find out how other people can get Kellered for different reasons not listed in this thread.

• Moderators

Bravo, this must be the 3rd or 2nd time ive seen this kind of thread in the offsection.

It will help about 5% of the visitors, the rest will ignore it.

Respect the moderators and admins: They are at that rank for a good reason. If you try to get in an argument with them, then you better hope, that you can win that argument which is a 1% chance.

I like my chances :D

moderators are handpicked, not randomly chosen by faggots.

Was that really necessary?

just to clear up a bit of misinformation here, it's EXTREMELY rare that anyone will get unkellered before it would wear off naturally. the circumstances would have to be extraordinary. the only real way to become unkellered after being kellered is to simply not do anything stupid until it wears off on its own.

Bravo, this must be the 3rd or 2nd time ive seen this kind of thread in the offsection.

It will help about 5% of the visitors, the rest will ignore it.

Not really, this is the first thread ever made for Hellen Kellers, the other threads related to Hellen Kellers are about Kellers requesting their status to be removed.

5% of the new visitors will read it.

15% of the new visitors will read the rules

100% of the kellers will read this.

just to clear up a bit of misinformation here, it's EXTREMELY rare that anyone will get unkellered before it would wear off naturally. the circumstances would have to be extraordinary. the only real way to become unkellered after being kellered is to simply not do anything stupid until it wears off on its own.
Hmm, but I once saw a moderator unkellering a person that was keller for posting a really useful guide about one of the Tekkit's mods.

• Moderators

Not really, this is the first thread ever made for Hellen Kellers, the other threads related to Hellen Kellers are about Kellers requesting their status to be removed.

True, but there has been "Guide to avoid kellerism: Succeed in life where others has not" before. This was back in the old days, when Kaker was still young (he aged 10 years due to his work efforts here), before the forum migration. Where i suspect most threads got lost during the transfer. I have definitly seen this kinds of thread before. Another wont hurt, it might save the mods a bit of trouble.

• Forum Administrators

Hmm, but I once saw a moderator unkellering a person that was keller for posting a really useful guide about one of the Tekkit's mods.

If they were kellered before the new forums they are perma-kellered which is why we sometimes remove them. Otherwise we pretty much would never do it.

• Don't EVER sign your post: You will be warned for this, but if you keep doing this to all of your replies/threads, then you could be kellered. Why? Your username is right there, just tilt left, and wa la, there's your username, no need to sign your name.

Just so you know the word is actually:

voilà

I'm dekellering you for posting what fixes you've tried, and then fguring out your problem on your own.

Congratulations on being an adult.

I feel special... http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/launcher-crashes-name-change-org-spoutcraft-launcher-main-now-just-main.12519/

Also, great guide!

Yeah i thought it was funny that it wasnt on top of the section....

Maybe Torezu's magic power has worn off?

Maybe it has. Though any other mod can unsticky it at any time. Maybe somebody just didn't want people to know how to be unkellered, so they could have more fun.

• Moderators

Maybe it has. Though any other mod can unsticky it at any time. Maybe somebody just didn't want people to know how to be unkellered, so they could have more fun.

I think i know who...

*Looks at Jay?

• 2 months later...

so now that i been looking for a new server the helen keller title came up. seems ive had this title since march of this year from the 1 thing ive ever posted at that time. Is there a way to get it removed since its been just a little bit longer then 3 weeks?

so now that i been looking for a new server the helen keller title came up. seems ive had this title since march of this year from the 1 thing ive ever posted at that time. Is there a way to get it removed since its been just a little bit longer then 3 weeks?
You can do two things: Impress a moderator into unkellering you or Wait for 4 weeks not 3 weeks.

You can do two things: Impress a moderator into unkellering you or Wait for 4 weeks not 3 weeks.

He asks, because as a server admin, I am wary of Kellers (since we're whitelisted)

After looking at his posts, it seems he was kellered well before the forum change over. Hopefully a mod can unkeller him :)

(Note, this is not me telling you to ask a mod, it's still a wait and see kind of thing)

PM an admin, like KakerMix, and politely ask for the kellering to be removed, as you received it before the forum change, so it will never expire. A moderator can do nothing for you.