[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This texture pack looks amazing! I want to download it as soon as it comes out! what Res will it be and what is the estimated time till this texture pack comes out? I cant wait!

Try reading previous posts before posting, it makes you look like an ass; no offense.

Meh. I've got a God I'd rather have you worship instead. :)

Amen brother.

Although I have other things going on, I could poke around with some textures for one of the other mods in technic and see what I can come up with for this. Ever since I first saw the John Smith pack, I couldn't go back.

EDIT: I could do with your latest file so I know how the setup works - although I'm rather familiar with texturing, I've never done minecraft texture packs before.

EDIT2: After a couple of hours of what I have so far... I've been tinkering with the railcraft2 texture map and overlaying with johnsmith-esque textures.

Rails1.jpg

My favorite part is still the fact that one of the wrenches is the Jag. I am WAY too addicted to TF2.

Really looking forward to the pack. The fact that were actually seeing updates (compared to Doku) makes me really excited that this will be finished!

Sphax is an immature pack. It just feels childish. JohnSmith, however, is so classy, it makes me want to grow a handlebar moustache, to go with it. Doku can be the same way, but it's a bit too ornate. And Faithful, is cool and all, but kinda defeats the point of a texture pack.

Wait, really? Sphax is like that for you? I mean I understand and all, the IC2 stuff is textured horribly and some of the other textures aren't stellar... but that bad?

I have always preferred darker texture packs, Isabella was my first (And for a long, long time favorite) texture pack for that reason. Nothing's too bright, nothing stands out way too much and it all looks somewhat uniform in its plainness.

But Sphax... If I had another option that was above 16x and not just plain ugly, I'd take it. Nothing too much against it, it's a good pack, just... Too bright. Too many shapes and too much happiness. I am a supervillain, and I can't create a proper lair with Sphax.

Howdy everyone, thought I'd give you... a PRE-RELEASE!!! :D It's about 40% done, and a majority of the textures for mod items are still either Faithful or untextured. So, play at your own leisure, and please feel free to give suggestions, complaints, etc. It'll be in the OP. Hope you enjoy!

Been playing about with it and the parts that I've seen that look finished look great and blend well with my non-mod creations. Nothing sticks out and screams, "Hey, look at me! I'm from a mod and I'm bright and shiny and don't belong here!" and that's my main concern with darker TPs - that everything blends together.

I don't have any complaints really, but I haven't played around with it for more than half an hour or so.

As for suggestions: Don't drop the ball when it comes to armors. Armor is the one thing I love to have stand out just a bit when it comes to a TP, and it is one of the things (Or the one thing, IMHO) the Sphax pack does right. Nano and Quantum should look advanced or at least unique and aesthetically pleasing, as well as dark/red matter armors.

Other than that, I don't have anything to say other than great job so far and I wish you luck!