[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. I thought it would have been cool to see some more John Smith looking pipes but I guess I see what you mean. They don't stick out terribly. If you did change them to look more John Smith I think that would be awesome. But you should make the executive decision on what you think would look good and what wouldn't.

Well, I mean, 1. BC is ugly. I'll be searching for ways to offset that, but it is. 2. BC is like RedPower easy mode. Anything you're doing with Buildcraft, you *could* be doing much cooler, with RedPower 2.

So, no matter how good or bad BuildCraft ends up looking, it's the wrong choice in the end. And, RP2 is being retextured at the moment. Up to 1.0, my goal isn't to radically change all the textures as much as it is to get the mods blending in with JohnSmith. Once it's playable and blends in, then I can start getting innovative with the textures. Right now, the goal is to get everything looking good.

Well, I mean, 1. BC is ugly. I'll be searching for ways to offset that, but it is. 2. BC is like RedPower easy mode. Anything you're doing with Buildcraft, you *could* be doing much cooler, with RedPower 2.

So, no matter how good or bad BuildCraft ends up looking, it's the wrong choice in the end. And, RP2 is being retextured at the moment. Up to 1.0, my goal isn't to radically change all the textures as much as it is to get the mods blending in with JohnSmith. Once it's playable and blends in, then I can start getting innovative with the textures. Right now, the goal is to get everything looking good.

This Does of course include every mod inside of either the technicpack or tekkit depending on which you are supporting of course? (by 1.0 i mean)

I downloaded the optifine fix, and when I load it up, it freezes on the mojang screen. Looking at the log file, it freezes at "Loaded ThaumCraft2" or something like that with no error whatsoever. I'm guessing it fails to load optifine with the patch.

Never mind, I used the one here: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/optifine-held-mod-blocks-render-issue.17825/ and it worked.

@Lazdude

Ok I understand, I'm just so used to using Buildcraft over red power as it is like you said the easy mode of Buildcraft and it is not as complicated, but I may start looking into red power more just toget a full aspect of the game. Thanks.

Totally, when you don't have that much time or knowledge of coding, it's really easy just to put down a quarry and power it with redstone.

This Does of course include every mod inside of either the technicpack or tekkit depending on which you are supporting of course? (by 1.0 i mean)

For the most part, all of the textures will be improved once we get the the base design done.

We're hoping so.

and yeah, BC quarry is super duper easy, but it leaves ugly frames, etc. ComputerCraft turtles for that, or, if you insist on doing things the easy way, why not Equivalent Exchange? Doesn't get any easier than that. :)

Oh dear Guthix not another "EE is OP" thread?!

Seriously, they're everywhere. Please, please don't attract them here or they'll ruin this thread forever.

Oh dear Guthix not another "EE is OP" thread?!

Seriously, they're everywhere. Please, please don't attract them here or they'll ruin this thread forever.

Oh dear, not another hater?! I mean being able to do a quarry's job in less than a minute with a red matter morning star has nothing to do with it being op, it does cost a few stacks of diamonds after all. Simply implying that once you have the required resources, its much easier to do it with equivalent exchange doesn't open a grand door for you to add a message like that.

EDIT: especially after you can take out a 9x9x9 area of stone with one at a single right click with a small cost of fuel

Oh dear, not another hater?! I mean being able to do a quarry's job in less than a minute with a red matter morning star has nothing to do with it being op, it does cost a few stacks of diamonds after all. Simply implying that once you have the required resources, its much easier to do it with equivalent exchange doesn't open a grand door for you to add a message like that.

EDIT: especially after you can take out a 9x9x9 area of stone with one at a single right click with a small cost of fuel

Woah... what? I think you mistook my message entirely, lol. I was making a joke at the number of threads debating EE being overpowered or not. Relax. :)

I have no desire to derail this topic about EE anyways. It's a mod, and this is a texture pack thread. So, as they say, take a step back and relax.

Edit: "As they say" meaning as Cheap Shot says here. Also, I am very, very rarely entirely serious. Nine times out of ten if something seems sarcastic and hostile from me, it's tongue-in-cheek jest. :)

Just thought I'd share some progress I have made, decided to make some textures for the RedPower machines, as they seemed the most interesting. I apologise if anyone has already started on these, but here's a quick pic:

ZXbyo.jpg

I tried to use textures straight from the terrain file to ensure they all blend in. I'm quite happy with how the teir 1 machines turned out, but wasn't really sure on how to proceed with things like the brass, and so ended up just putting a noise texture on the original parts (which I believe credit goes to Vattic's Faithful).

The texture sheet can be found here, so feel free to use it if you like :)

http://imgur.com/NwfTB

Just thought I'd share some progress I have made, decided to make some textures for the RedPower machines, as they seemed the most interesting. I apologise if anyone has already started on these, but here's a quick pic:

ZXbyo.jpg

I tried to use textures straight from the terrain file to ensure they all blend in. I'm quite happy with how the teir 1 machines turned out, but wasn't really sure on how to proceed with things like the brass, and so ended up just putting a noise texture on the original parts (which I believe credit goes to Vattic's Faithful).

The texture sheet can be found here, so feel free to use it if you like :)

http://imgur.com/NwfTB

I like those a lot, ill put them in once I get home.