[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if you'll do anything special with the 'gem' tools - ie. ruby, emerald, and sapphire tools. It'd be great to either see them have similar theme to the vanilla diamond/iron or their own unique theme (I can't say I'd like seeing them as recolored diamond tools though, that's been done to death and they're unique).

I'm wondering if you'll do anything special with the 'gem' tools - ie. ruby, emerald, and sapphire tools. It'd be great to either see them have similar theme to the vanilla diamond/iron or their own unique theme (I can't say I'd like seeing them as recolored diamond tools though, that's been done to death and they're unique).

That's a good idea, I'll start on that.

EDIT: So far, this is my custom gem sword rendition. It's a basic steel sword, with the specified gem embedded in the blade.

CLJoI.jpg

rurOc.png

Looks way better than what a dark blue sword would - I like it so far. :)

I'd love to see different 'styles' of swords based on the gem type.

ie. Emeralds having more of a longsword feel, sapphire swords being a bit rounded as above and ruby swords being more like broadswords.

But of course with 32x and limitations with that sort of thing it'd be hard to do - either way it looks fantastic.

Looks way better than what a dark blue sword would - I like it so far. :)

I'd love to see different 'styles' of swords based on the gem type.

ie. Emeralds having more of a longsword feel, sapphire swords being a bit rounded as above and ruby swords being more like broadswords.

But of course with 32x and limitations with that sort of thing it'd be hard to do - either way it looks fantastic.

I'll see what I can do within the limitations of 32x

They are at the moment, recoloured diamond tools. But, everything ruby and sapphire is recoloured diamond. Ores, blocks, tools, etc. This is simply because ruby, sapphire, and emerald were intended as cheap diamonds, and that's how I'm using them.

EDIT: Holy crap, forget everything I just said. That is fantastic, and we should all go with that. :D

Secondly, the items are getting there, but in many cases, Faithful got it right, or at least close enough. I may have to change some vanilla items as well. RedPower adds paint; JohnSmith vanilla dyes are paints, so I have to come up with something better for the vanilla dyes. I've mostly skipped over items so far, with a few exceptions. I believe 0.8-1.0 are going to be items, refinements, things like that. Getting it to feel like a finished product, not a beta test.

And kinglightson: you're totally right. I've updated those numbers to reflect items as well.

Hi everyone, haven't had a chance to check back on this thread for a few days, and I see quite a bit of progress has been made.

I have been busy wrapping up some of the Redpower stuff, but I see some of it has already been done, so if you decide not to use some of these, it's fine with me :)

sNp05.png

tEPPZ.png

2TSWy.jpg

YiB04.png

You can find the texture files here:

http://imgur.com/a/hez34

...and a few more screenies here:

http://imgur.com/a/9AyxZ

I have done all of the logic gates except for the light sensor (which I forgot), however there seem to be some stray pixels on the Array cells that I can't seem to track down. I have completed all of the GUIs (although some may still require some fine tuning), but anyway, hope you enjoy :D

Hi everyone, haven't had a chance to check back on this thread for a few days, and I see quite a bit of progress has been made.

I have been busy wrapping up some of the Redpower stuff, but I see some of it has already been done, so if you decide not to use some of these, it's fine with me :)

sNp05.png

tEPPZ.png

2TSWy.jpg

YiB04.png

I have done all of the logic gates except for the light sensor (which I forgot), however there seem to be some stray pixels on the Array cells that I can't seem to track down. I have completed all of the GUIs (although some may still require some fine tuning), but anyway, hope you enjoy :D

That. Is. EPIC.

sNp05.png

tEPPZ.png

2TSWy.jpg

YiB04.png

Those GUI's are nice, I like them. I'll add those in. However, Laz has finished all of the blocks.

I did the GUIs too. :(

Oh well, yours are better anyway. I may steal the marble and basalt bricks though. I didn't get them quite right. IC2 has also been redone, and I'm redoing (read: doing) BuildCraft. Then, on to the EE GUIs and such. Also, if you did *all* the logic, that's amazing. It's the part I was dreading, thank you so much.

I've made a start on Forestry GUIs, but it's no longer included in the Technic Pack so I'm not sure if you want to include those, however it's a mod that I use.

You might want to use some of the gui components for the Buildcraft GUIs so that it's consistant, so let me know if you don't like certain things and I'll see what I can do :)

uBNAZ.png

m3ajI.png

hn3tZ.png

One problem I'm facing is I can't seem to find the tab textures that appear on the right hand side of the Forestry interfaces, so they will look a bit strange until I can figure it out.