• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mageleon, that's not a helpful comment. A helpful comment would be,

"The ores in this pack don't blend quite right with the smooth stone."

or

"I prefer a different version of the JohnSmith ores."

I mean, give us something to go on, please.

no.. the ores suit everything to do with the texture pack and i respect you've put time into this but im just saying that the ores just dosn't suit my standards and im not really asking you to change them for me but what i said earlier is just a random comment from me :P

32 bit operating systems only allow Minecraft to use 1.5gb of ram, and the Technic pack calls for 2gb ram for any texture pack over 32x.

I have a 64 bit operating system, and I only allotted 1 gigabyte of ram for Technic pack, and I used to used 128x Sphax and I got over 100 FPS sometimes, before I found this, now when using John Smith I can get over 300 FPS sometimes. So I don't think that applies to all computers.

I have a 64 bit operating system, and I only allotted 1 gigabyte of ram for Technic pack, and I used to used 128x Sphax and I got over 100 FPS sometimes, before I found this, now when using John Smith I can get over 300 FPS sometimes. So I don't think that applies to all computers.

Agreed. I have never allocated more than 1.5 GB, even though I can, and everything runs fine.

I know, maybe I should have made that clearer; I've tried to find a use for them but I always fail to. They don't really fit the aesthetic theme of any of the other blocks, or the rest of the texture pack really.

They stick out somewhat jarringly and I love to add cracked and mossy stone bricks in with others to make something seem old and worn. It's always nagged a bit at me, but in a stronghold (Which I'm considering restoring before making my home) it is much more obvious. If there's no other option it's fine, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents about them.

As for stone bricks in general, I've seen them more rounded in the MCF post - I don't know if that's an update or different version or whatever, but I'm also torn when it comes to those as opposed to our very blocky, very precise-looking stone bricks.

I know, maybe I should have made that clearer; I've tried to find a use for them but I always fail to. They don't really fit the aesthetic theme of any of the other blocks, or the rest of the texture pack really.

They stick out somewhat jarringly and I love to add cracked and mossy stone bricks in with others to make something seem old and worn. It's always nagged a bit at me, but in a stronghold (Which I'm considering restoring before making my home) it is much more obvious. If there's no other option it's fine, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents about them.

As for stone bricks in general, I've seen them more rounded in the MCF post - I don't know if that's an update or different version or whatever, but I'm also torn when it comes to those as opposed to our very blocky, very precise-looking stone bricks.

Laz decided to use a custom terrain.png, from some user on youtube. So If we were to change the cracked stone brick, we would have to change all of the stone bricks, which I'm fine with. I'll run this by Laz, and see what he thinks of it.

@TheAustralianGuy: It went the other way around, and it's in the upcoming 0.8 release.

Did you take my idea into consideration of trying to make the iron ores and coal ores a smooth stone version of the original John smith iron and coal ores? If you didn't that's ok but I thought they would look a lot better if you did.