[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question that has been answered before, but I am going to ask anyways to see if the answer changed:

Will we ever get thaumcraft support? I don't mean full support, just natural world gen stuff, and maybe the blocks, as the blocks look out of place. I would love it though if EVERYTHING were textured, but that doesn't need to happen, just it bothers me that my cinnabar looks like shit compared to everything else.

Stupid question that has been answered before, but I am going to ask anyways to see if the answer changed:

Will we ever get thaumcraft support? I don't mean full support, just natural world gen stuff, and maybe the blocks, as the blocks look out of place. I would love it though if EVERYTHING were textured, but that doesn't need to happen, just it bothers me that my cinnabar looks like shit compared to everything else.

I agree. All that really needs texturing is the cinnabar.

Um, we'll likely do cinnabar. Maybe silverwood, and possibly the other world gen stuff.

I don't just want it because I am one of those people that is like "IT LUKS UGLY, FIX IT MOMMY!" I also want it because I don't have the skill to do it myself, I tried, and it looked awful, looking more like some sort of deformed heart thingy than cinnabar in thaumcraft. Believe me, I would love to contribute, but I just don't have the skill to retexture things in the jhonsmith style

Alright guys, this is what I'm going to do. I'm giving you all the link, read-only, to my Dropbox folder where JSTR is assembled and stored. In the top right, there's the traditional download button. You can click download as zip, giving you the texture pack in all its awesomeness. The link is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jp2maxudwsv3of2/SAISuxm7j8/JohnSmithTechniciansRemix. Apparently this zip isn't the zip to place in the texture pack folder. The folders inside should be zipped instead. Working on user friendly ness.

Google Drive link to the folder is in the OP.

I was using Tekkit. Also, does this mean we get live updates?

You can periodically check the drive folder and see if it is updated. That way you don't have to come to the forums and see if Laz updated the original post saying that it was updated.

Well ... the Original JohnSmith looked so much Better than this Tekkit Version .... I believe they Rushed into making this Texture Pack

but when it finishes with its Progress .... Im gonna improve the texture on prob half or some of it ...... some looks to plain or Boring compared to the Original textures

Well ... the Original JohnSmith looked so much Better than this Tekkit Version .... I believe they Rushed into making this Texture Pack

but when it finishes with its Progress .... Im gonna improve the texture on prob half or some of it ...... some looks to plain or Boring compared to the Original textures

Are you talking about the Terrain.png and items.png? If that's the case, it's because laz decided to use a terrain.png from someone on YouTube. Or are you talking about all of the mod items? If so, do you have any suggestions for it?

--snip--

Seriously? OK. So, here's how it works. Even in the OP, I ask for constructive criticism, as that's the only way we'll ever get better. But this? This is not constructive. At all. "Your pack sucks" (I'm paraphrasing there) means nothing. It gives no reasons, no helpful suggestions, no ways we can get the pack up to your (apparently awesome) standards. Previous people had helpful criticisms, like "The ores don't match the smooth stone."

Please, be helpful or :getout: