Making an underwater city

Hi guys

I really want to make a massive underwater city but I feel that the ocean's too shallow

I could just blow a huge hole under the sea to make it deeper but it might wreck my house which is right by the shore

Is there any other way of doing it and make it look natural?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is a mod called Biospheres which spawns huge spheres with different biomes. In the settings file you can set the blocks which make up the bridge, the dome and more.

AND, there is another setting which makes it a waterworld, so instead of air with floating enclosed spheres, you have water with floating enclosed spheres.

That sounds alright but I've already got a world set up and I've spent a fair bit of time on it and I'm thinking of turning it into a server where the starting point is the city so no although that's a good idea for later I'd prefer a manual way that doesn't require me to make a new save thanks though I'll definitely use it some other time

That sounds alright but I've already got a world set up and I've spent a fair bit of time on it and I'm thinking of turning it into a server where the starting point is the city so no although that's a good idea for later I'd prefer a manual way that doesn't require me to make a new save thanks though I'll definitely use it some other time

You could use a dark matter spade to take out panels of dirt at a time?

You could use a dark matter spade to take out panels of dirt at a time?

Not a bad idea I'm not sure what area it covers though and it wouldnt make it look natural but then I could line the sides with TNT and detonate it but the area I'm going to try and cover is huge and on my own that would take ages

What you could try is making a dome in there first and get rid of the water in there. Then you can continue to build underground.

Also not a bad idea but then the whole city wouldn't really be visible which is what'll make it look cool

I guess this means nuclear weaponry time unless you've got other ideas ;)

Detonation is tomorrow try an convince me otherwise :)

Lol yeah force fields are awesome! It's so good they've been brought in!

btw is anyone interested in joining the server? I'm going for 10-20 people and it may take a while to set up

I have to do all the plugins and make the world but I might get it done by September (I'm on holiday now so no can't do that right now)

But my idea is to make so you spawn in the underwater city the only safe place, everywhere outside of the city is PVP and raiding allowed but no greifing.

I'll add more details when it's done but yeah give me your thoughts on it :)

And more deeper sea ideas please ;) or there're gonna be craters!

I'm in the same boat here, but I used the Destruction Catalyst to clear out a huge underwater area and started to build but once the buildings are here, is there anything that would help me clear the water out of them quickly, I've done it in a vanilla bukkit minecraft once and I had to fill up the entire thing with dirt and clear them out myself which is really a pain in the butt to do, also the fire spreading is disabled on my server so can't use the wool burning trick (beside, I would need a hell load of wool to fill up all the buildings I'm planning to build there)

Any tricks to quickly clear water from a underwater building, was thinking a BC2 pump but I don't think it could work and would take a load of time to do it too.

I'm in the same boat here, but I used the Destruction Catalyst to clear out a huge underwater area and started to build but once the buildings are here, is there anything that would help me clear the water out of them quickly, I've done it in a vanilla bukkit minecraft once and I had to fill up the entire thing with dirt and clear them out myself which is really a pain in the butt to do, also the fire spreading is disabled on my server so can't use the wool burning trick (beside, I would need a hell load of wool to fill up all the buildings I'm planning to build there)

Any tricks to quickly clear water from a underwater building, was thinking a BC2 pump but I don't think it could work and would take a load of time to do it too.

Volcanite Amulet - best water clearer in the game. Can cause extreme lag while doing so if you're not careful, and may clear water outside your building if you turn the power up too high. The slower options are sand fill, then torching the bottom of the sand stacks to remove it, leaf or wool fill, then burning it, underwater force fields (remove all liquids inside), and Black Hole Band/Void Ring, manually clicking each block.

Tried the trick with the volcanite amulet today, ended up with a load of obsidian to clean up and a load of cobble too, since I had to get rid of the lava with the evertide amulet too, not a bad trick, it works well, a lot better than playing with worldedit that can cause a load of water to be really annoying outside of the water base (tried in the past in vanilla Minecraft on bukkit server) May try the trick with the forcefield (never ever touched that, a brand new thing for me), once the building is finished, I could probably get rid of it if needed.

Tried the trick with the volcanite amulet today, ended up with a load of obsidian to clean up and a load of cobble too, since I had to get rid of the lava with the evertide amulet too, not a bad trick, it works well, a lot better than playing with worldedit that can cause a load of water to be really annoying outside of the water base (tried in the past in vanilla Minecraft on bukkit server) May try the trick with the forcefield (never ever touched that, a brand new thing for me), once the building is finished, I could probably get rid of it if needed.

Doesn't the MFFS have an option to clear all water within them? Unless this is only present in Thunderdark version's, I'm sorry I can't check right now.

Install VoxelSniper, a mod that can be found at voxelwiki.com, on your new serverside version of your same map. Then run it on localhost to set up your spawn.

Drain the water away with the drain brush, then snipe balls of air into the groun to make it deeper. Then use erosion or blend ball brushes (or a combination) to smooth it and make it natural. You could add in underwater mountainy features, but you probably couldn't see them underwater (dark). Oh also "overlay" brush to get rid of notch's horrible sand blotches down there. Then use brushes or worldedit or building by hand to set up your city or whatever. Then use either WE or sniper (if sniper, /b d i <--- brush) to smooth the water back over again and resubmerge your city.

There are innumerable youtube video tutorials on all this.

I'm afraid there's simply no easier way to do it. Certainly not from within tekkit (sure maybe you can drain water, but it would take months to lower land significantly and hand terraform a whole city beautifully). You want a super deep ocean in an existing world AND want it to look natural... you will need powerful mods meant for precisely terraforming largescale sections of existing worlds. And you will need to learn how to use them well, and invest the time to make a nice looking work of art.

Lol it may take a while but I've been using buildcraft pumps, if you leave it and build the next part of the place it's usually done by the time you've finished the next part. Another thing I did was use the mercurial eye on full power, fill the hole base with dirt then use a red matter shovel to clear the dirt and sand. Takes a while but it's quicker then placing dirt one by one...

And yeah voxel sniper sounds best but I think the waters deep enough in an ocean biome if your not building skyscrapers...

I'm afraid of using the dark matter shovel inside a building, same thing for destruction catalyst, don't want to remove the building itself with it, but perhaps the dark matter shovel could work, I don't think it can remove anything else but dirt, sand and gravel after all, maybe that's not a bad idea, will have to try, was thinking about BC pumps, but I'm afraid there's are source blocks of water inside, if there are source blocks, it won't work cause it will keep refreshing the water (like infinite source of water)

Tried the trick with the volcanite amulet today, ended up with a load of obsidian to clean up and a load of cobble too, since I had to get rid of the lava with the evertide amulet too, not a bad trick, it works well...

Huh? The Volcanite Amulet has a feature that allows it to simply vaporize water. Poof, gone, no lava needed.

Huh? The Volcanite Amulet has a feature that allows it to simply vaporize water. Poof, gone, no lava needed.

It works! You press c and poof! Bye bye water! Cheers Torezu, no more dirt placing for me! This cities gonna be made a billion times quicker!

It works! You press c and poof! Bye bye water! Cheers Torezu, no more dirt placing for me! This cities gonna be made a billion times quicker!

Good. Just be aware that the radius of water vaporization (or probably a cubic shape) is proportional to the charge you give the amulet.

Yeah I figured that out :)

The water on the outside just fills back up again so it doesn't affect the outside unless there's an overhang.

Thanks again,

@Scullyking it sure does! Still it's not deep enough for skyscrapers but then, if you can't build up then build sideways