Project Horizon - A world map for Technic 7.2 (rec)

Soltaro

I understand what you're saying, but I should tell you a few things. #1, the FTB mod pack is a standardized modpack (http://feed-the-beast.com). #2, with the 1.3 release, Technic will be no more. Tekkit will replace Technic. (All mods have to be Multiplayer to work with MC 1.3.2. #3, the FTB modpack has permission from all the mod authors unlike technic/tekkit. #4, in my opinion, FTB will soon succeed Technic/Tekkit.

EDIT: The FTB modpack has a ton more functionality and gives an overall more balanced experienced. :)

I really don't want to do this but ok. Sir, what you are saying is: the creators of the technicpack are liars. The creators say they do have all perms, and they really do, why lie about it? Please don't start a flame war on this. There're other threads for it...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't want to do this but ok. Sir, what you are saying is: the creators of the technicpack are liars. The creators say they do have all perms, and they really do, why lie about it? Please don't start a flame war on this. There're other threads for it...

1) Where does it say they have all the nessceary permissions?

2) I promise you that at the very least they don't permissions for Mo'creatures and Optifine. (I can find more if you like.)

3) A quote from KakerMix "We don't ask permission, we still don't. The permission has been given to us through various means, usually after people find out that we aren't assholes and that we truly and honestly love the mods and appreciate the creators. The reason we don't bother saying anything about it (usually) is because we don't want to cause drama between the modders themselves if we can help it."

(Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=28381#post28381)

I like that you say not to start a flame war right after spouting the same shit that starts them. Honestly, give it up guys, if you don't like it don't use it.

1) Where does it say they have all the nessceary permissions?

2) I promise you that at the very least they don't permissions for Mo'creatures and Optifine. (I can find more if you like.)

3) A quote from KakerMix "We don't ask permission, we still don't. The permission has been given to us through various means, usually after people find out that we aren't assholes and that we truly and honestly love the mods and appreciate the creators. The reason we don't bother saying anything about it (usually) is because we don't want to cause drama between the modders themselves if we can help it."

(Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=28381#post28381)

All of this has been addressed numerous times in other places. Everytime, those threads have been locked.

• 4 months later...

*Sigh* Totally sounded like a noob, but whatever.

Technic? I don't see anything about it on technic launcher. Maybe you meant tekkit classic? Or tekkit lite? I even tried looking for any technic client-related. Apparently, I think I'm a bit of dumb when it comes to this. :)

Hidden

Technic? I don't see anything about it on technic launcher. Maybe you meant tekkit classic? Or tekkit lite? I even tried looking for any technic client-related. Apparently, I think I'm a bit of dumb when it comes to this. :)

This world was for back in the 1.2.5 days. It was made to the SSP-only version of 1.2.5 that was known as Technic. Technic is now no more. Everything has been converted SMP. As a result, I'm not sure this map works anymore. (All item/block id changes)

Hidden

No, you are not dumb, this thread should no longer be sticky and perhaps even locked. I do not believe this map works with any current modpacks. (I could be wrong though.)

This map was made for the SSP-only modded 1.2.5 modpack known as Technic. Technic is no more. The 1.3 update pushed a huge rewrite to all the mods and they are all SMP now. Several of the mods have been revamped with tons of new features, or are rewritten with an entirely new architecture all together. (Thaumcraft and EE).

No, it won't work with Tekkit Classic because that is the SMP 1.2.5 modded with an entirely different set of item/block ids. The people you need to thank for this map possibly not working any more is Mojang.

No you are not a noob. This map should no longer be stickied. As a matter of a fact it should be locked. This map was originally made for the 1.2.5 SSP-only modpack known as Technic. 1.3.2 has made all of the mods SMP and as a result pushed a major rewrite to all of the mods. Some mods just did a straight port. Quite a few mods did a revamp of their own to the mods. A few have even created a new mod based on the old one. (Thaumcraft and EE).

No, it won't work with Tekkit classic because Tekkit classic is based upon the original 1.2.5 SMP modpack known as Tekkit. This pack had an entirely different set of block/item ids than Technic.