Project Horizon - A world map for Technic 7.2 (rec)

Soltaro

Indeed, it's really easy to rise taint but really hard to remove them. That's why you should always start off in a biome with high vis. (forest, jungle, mushroom)

Taint can be created even more easily in the nether, due to its low vis points.

How does taint in the nether look? I've never even seen it.

On another note, I've modified the TC2 Building in Project Horizon to be an EE2 building with a klein star farm and a Diamond/Red Matter/Dark Matter Farm. :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this post I'll walk you guys through a photo tour of what how I've been improving this map. (Or at least in my opinion). First off, the one I've discussed more than any other in this thread would be what use to be the processing room. I've renamed it to be the IC2/RP center.

20120818082538.png

The very first thing I did was removed all the existing generators and make them batboxes in the machine room.

20120818090324.png

The one in processing room was just simply removed and the line is now a direct connection to the power supply on the roof.

20120818082053.png

This is one side of the roof of IC2/RP Center. On top you see the MFSUs. I'll show you the HV Solar Arrays atop in a few moments. Hooked up to the MFSU is the MV Transformer, and then the LV Transformer, which then is hooked up to the power source. On the floor you'll find geothermal generators. These, I have still not been able to get working due the pump refusing the pump lava to through any pipes. :(

UPDATE: I got the lava pump working. I found the major source block and now the lava is being pump :D. I'd post a screen shot, but really, my mistake was building the platform before looking for the source block. So, I deleted with platform with Worldedit, found the source block and rebuild the platform around it.

20120818082109.png

This is the other side of the roof. On the floor, you'll find my energy links which convert IC2 energy to BC energy. This energy is then transported to the forestry farm via teleported pipes.

20120818082817.png

As promised, here is the outside view of the IC2/RP center. Here you'll find two rows of HV Solar Arrays. In the middle is the bluelectric solar panels.

20120818082221.png

Here we find what was originally three crafting benches. There is one project table, one crafting table III and one transmutation tablet.

20120818081933.png

This is the final upgrade I made to the IC2/RP center. All of the chests are now blackhole chests with unlimited storage. (I upgrade the tubestuff mod manually because the version that was included didn't have the bugfixes)

20120818083042.png

Here is another use for the HV Solar Array. This one is hooked up to a terraformer with the cultivation tfbp.

20120818081736.png

This is the result. Much better than the previous don't ya think? Certainly less plain.

20120818082932.png

And yet another use. This one uses the power supply on the roof the IC2/RP Center. What you see below is the pumpkin farm hooked up to the power supply via teleport pipes. (Yes, I did manually install the forestry mod as well)

20120818083016.png

And here we have the wheat farm. Similar principle to the pumpkin farm. One question though, what should I do with the cow?

20120818082300.png

I have three of these in the EE2 Center main floor. These produce Red Matter, Dark Matter and Diamond.

20120818082331.png

In the EE2 Center Basement we have my Klein Star Farm.

20120818082404.png

Then on the top floor, we have my enchantment room.

20120818082415.png

The inside of said enchantment room

20120818083115.png

Lastly, we have my bedroom. This is all I have in it for now.

So, what do you all think? Any Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Just a quick note Soltaro, don't use your crystalline bell too often, every collected crystal creates 5% taint charge, this could end badly...

Thanks.

Are you sure that applies to crystals you've put down yourself as well though? Don't think I've noticed the taint charge going up but as long as it's in a controlled environment I don't mind too much.

Is there any totem of dawn in your lab? That should fix the problem.

Yeah I already had 1 in each corner of the Thaumic attic, covering 4 chunks.

I've also began placing one totem of dawn in every chunk of the Horizon facility. Will take me 41 totems but I'm already at about one third progress. It should give the facility a nice aura rating and improve the surroundings too.

I've also just started using 5 condensers with the "concentrated evil" upgrade. Putting tainted crystals in there will suck up all the taunt in the atmosphere and store it nicely in my reinforced tanks. One chunk (the one with the crucible) now practically has zero taint.

My tanks hold about 4000 vis and 4000 taint at the moment. Both have a capacity of well over 15.000.

When time comes that the taint tank is getting too full I can always run it through several purifiers to nullify it. :)

I've also made up my mind what I'm gonna build for the landing pad on top of the elevator!

It's gonna be a redpower frame airship that will act as a mobile taint removing factory. Totems, Condensers, those arcane seals that equalize the aura's, etc.. etc... Hell, maybe even a giant silverwood tree on top, see if I care.

Lots of stuff to put on it and when it's done with its job I can simply move to it another tainted area.

Nice pictures Julian!

It's cool to see it in a different texture pack. :)

Sometimes you've got some weird shading going on due to the microblocks. Upping your lighting setting (there are 2) might fix that. I've also heard that Eloraam might change that in future releases as well.

Your hanging terrace looks so crowded now. Nice, I like it.

It also seems you've got enough power going on... rofl

Not a big fan of EE myself but to each his own. I spend most of my time on thaumcraft and finally finished all the research!

I also originally thought about including Black hole chests and/or Enderchests on the frame storage/sorting elevator but them being accesable through all kinda defeats the whole purpose of moving them up and down to the right floor...

At the moment I only use my blackhole chests in the Thaumic center (it's where the magic flows afterall) and will probably not use them anywhere else except for a portable one in my alchemy bag in case I need to access some of my thaumcraft items off-world. :)

HAHA IT WORKED! thank you for putting in all the time it took to make this good sir, would it be totally wrong of me to turn the "thaumcraft center" into the "totally over-powered EE item rule the world center"? haha, I do like this idea of giving people a house but not giving them any items at all ;) the begining of a new world always stinks

Nice pictures Julian!

It's cool to see it in a different texture pack. :)

Sometimes you've got some weird shading going on due to the microblocks. Upping your lighting setting (there are 2) might fix that. I've also heard that Eloraam might change that in future releases as well.

Your hanging terrace looks so crowded now. Nice, I like it.

It also seems you've got enough power going on... rofl

Not a big fan of EE myself but to each his own. I spend most of my time on thaumcraft and finally finished all the research!

I also originally thought about including Black hole chests and/or Enderchests on the frame storage/sorting elevator but them being accesable through all kinda defeats the whole purpose of moving them up and down to the right floor...

At the moment I only use my blackhole chests in the Thaumic center (it's where the magic flows afterall) and will probably not use them anywhere else except for a portable one in my alchemy bag in case I need to access some of my thaumcraft items off-world. :)

WARNING: blackhole chests will corrupt your world in the version of Tubestuff that is included with Technic, you need to upgrade it manually.

Blackhole chests aren't accesible through all. They have unlimited storage. Ender chests are the ones accessible through the ones with the same dye colors. (You dye three lines on top to get separate ender chests.

On a happier note, thanks Soltaro! I use EE only because of the rarity of some items and the pain in the ass it is to mine them. As for power, well I try to make sure I don't run out of power when playing around with Heavy duty machines like quarrys and such.

I just have a question, what do you suggest I do with the 2nd and 5th floor?

EDIT: Make that, I have no clue what to do with the 5th floor. I have the 2nd floor as my new portal room with three TF2 teleporters in it currently.

20120818174317.png

HAHA IT WORKED! thank you for putting in all the time it took to make this good sir, would it be totally wrong of me to turn the "thaumcraft center" into the "totally over-powered EE item rule the world center"? haha, I do like this idea of giving people a house but not giving them any items at all ;) the begining of a new world always stinks

Try not to duplicate post. The reason I'd made it into a EE center is because I didn't want to deal with thaumcraft and the possibility of a tainted land. I'm hoping with TC3, I won't need to deal with that. (I do a lot of mining and experimentation). But as of right now, it is removed from my technic pack. In its place, I added quite a few additional mods.

Hidden

Any suggestions for the 2nd and 5th floor? (I know this was mentioned in the post above to Soltaro, I just haven't clue how to delete something I accidentally posted). I did report this post, because it does break the rules.

Blackhole chests aren't accesible through all. They have unlimited storage.

Ah, I meant Void chests actually. I use the ones I found underneath the Monoliths and they work quite well.

There is this thing you can research in Thaumcraft called the Void Interface. You can attach this on top of a Void chest and then it will work similar like the Ender chests. Better in some way actually because you can have multiple pages (though only 6 colors(/categories) I believe).

On a happier note, thanks Soltaro! I use EE only because of the rarity of some items and the pain in the ass it is to mine them.

Yeah there are some items that can be a pain to get. Getting a divine rod solved all my diamond problems though. :) And exploring the gigantic cave system underneath Horizon territory gave me plenty of all other metals/ores. Never even had to dig a mine shaft straight down. It was quite fun exploring instead of digging!

I just have a question, what do you suggest I do with the 2nd and 5th floor?

Haha, there's so much space left and not enough plans to use them. :) I think I'll use the 2nd and 5th floor mostly for decorative purposes. 5th floor seems pretty fitting for an indoor swimming pool or something but I have no clue on the 2nd yet.

I have the 2nd floor as my new portal room with three TF2 teleporters in it currently.

Portal room seems okey!

I personally use all my portals (Mystcraft, Nether and thaumcraft) in the attic of the "house" and there will be a shortcut to that attic from the Thaumic center as well. But I don't allow portals anywhere else. I try to separate my machinery/industrial revolution kind of vibe with the magic. Same with the Void chests/Ender chests.

The reason I'd made it into a EE center is because I didn't want to deal with thaumcraft and the possibility of a tainted land. I'm hoping with TC3, I won't need to deal with that. (I do a lot of mining and experimentation). But as of right now, it is removed from my technic pack. In its place, I added quite a few additional mods.

Ah too bad. It's one of my favorite mods right now. The taint can be a bit scary yeah cleaning it up adds another big goal to the list of things to do. The world seems much more alive when it it potentially dangerous and subject to change.

Haha, there's so much space left and not enough plans to use them. :) I think I'll use the 2nd and 5th floor mostly for decorative purposes. 5th floor seems pretty fitting for an indoor swimming pool or something but I have no clue on the 2nd yet.

I actually plan on keeping recreational stuff in the house. The industrial stuff belongs in what I call the workplace. :)

Any who, remember the Volcano I was using for my geothermal generators?20120819104608.png

I might need a new one.

20120819101529.png

My house is no longer empty! This is the pool

20120819105102.png

This is the living room

20120819105205.png

This is the kitchen

20120819105225.png

And lastly, this is the dining room.

UPDATE:

20120819160701.png

Using teleport pipes + engine generator + MFSU to get power from Home base :)

Looking good Julian. I haven't even touched my house yet! Too busy with other (minecraft) projects. When I started I placed a bed in there and that has been it. :)

Those chairs you've made, is the sitting area 2 by 2 or what? Because if not, then I'm not sure how you made the arm rests half of the back of the chair when it seems to be all 1 block high (except for the chair legs)

Could you post a mirror download link? 4shared doesn't work in the country that I'm in.

Sure. Hope this one works for ya:

http://www.speedyshare.com/PjRun/Project-Horizon.rar

Looking good Julian. I haven't even touched my house yet! Too busy with other (minecraft) projects. When I started I placed a bed in there and that has been it. :)

Those chairs you've made, is the sitting area 2 by 2 or what? Because if not, then I'm not sure how you made the arm rests half of the back of the chair when it seems to be all 1 block high (except for the chair legs)

I got all the furniture from a mod known as Jammy Furniture: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1098808-v36-125-forge-smp-jammy-furniture-mod/. (Yes I am that lazy)

Oh and by the way, after much consideration, I reinstalled the thaumcraft mod and am in the process of the turning the main floor of the EE2 center into a thaumcraft center.

I got all the furniture from a mod known as Jammy Furniture: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1098808-v36-125-forge-smp-jammy-furniture-mod/. (Yes I am that lazy)

rofl... that explains why I was a little puzzled. I've been playing around with microblocks almost more than with regular blocks but couldn't for the life of me figure out how you made that. :D

It looks interesting! I'm not quite sure if I want it in myself because I kinda like designing the things myself. But is it compatible with the texture pack though and easy to install without other compatibility issues?

rofl... that explains why I was a little puzzled. I've been playing around with microblocks almost more than with regular blocks but couldn't for the life of me figure out how you made that. :D

It looks interesting! I'm not quite sure if I want it in myself because I kinda like designing the things myself. But is it compatible with the texture pack though and easy to install without other compatibility issues?

Easy to install, as for the texture pack, I'm pretty sure its compatible? I was using the soartex fanver texture pack when I took the screenshots

Easy to install, as for the texture pack, I'm pretty sure its compatible? I was using the soartex fanver texture pack when I took the screenshots

from those screenshots, it's quite obvious that jammy's furniture uses it's own sepearate textures that merely "look" like the vanilla ones

I just finished my frame airship:

\o/

It can go to all 6 directions (omnidirectional). The actual engine itself is only 4x4x4 blocks. Don't think they come any smaller than that. (If you have/know one, please share! :) )

gpxj8.jpg

It's really hard and tricky to make something decent looking on frames since everything has to be connected to the frames thus limiting your design options greatly.

I went with a somewhat UFO-ish look. The 3 block wide outer skirt (netherbrick) is purely for decorative purposes and when removed the thing becomes much smaller of course.

The black line is a jacketed wire which can send an off-signal to the condensers you see holding tainted crystals (with the "Concentrated Evil" upgrade). There's 25 of them in total which sucks out all the taint in the chunk very rapidly. There's an onboard internal storage for 6000 taint which is connected to an automatic purifying loop that destroys taint at a steady pace.

Just park the hovership in a tainted area you want cleansed and flip the switch. Win.

Here's what the entrance (in the back) looks like:

uTJX0.jpg

You can see the storage tank to the right, where the blutricity cables also run to the solar panels on the roof.

The controls are done with a Redpower computer. Had to learn some basic Forth programming for that. Not easy, but very cool.

Above the monitor you also see a Void Chest which has a Void Interface on top which can teleport items (like fresh tainted crystals) in and out towards my Thaumcraft center.

Beyond the cables is the viewing area (the front in the first picture) with 3 windows, which gives you a nice view of the surroundings to determine which direction to go.

This is really cool! I haven't seen many technic factories that look good as well! Really good job on this Soltaro you've done things with redpower microblocks I wouldn't ever be able to imagine.

And then there's the machines, the machines! I can all those things but I never would of thought up a moving chest system that's so awesome! Again amazing work, I'm on holiday at the moment and you really make me want to go home and do something like that, I'm making an underwater city for my server spawn which looks alright but you can't do any crazy redpower stuff because of the water. I wanna go home now

:(

My second build on this map is a larger scale dark room, with 4 deployers and 16 transposers, but the problem I'm having is my condensers can't keep up with the input, had to slow the timer down to one second to keep from overloading my 4 condensers