Project Horizon - A world map for Technic 7.2 (rec)

Soltaro

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should add an underground bunker for a nuclear reactor, without one in it obviously for the sake of balance. But it should have all the wires ready so you just have to get one running and connect it to a wire in the room that will connect it to the grid. Just an idea. Also, please keep this map updated! I think I'm in love with it!!!

You should add an underground bunker for a nuclear reactor, without one in it obviously for the sake of balance. But it should have all the wires ready so you just have to get one running and connect it to a wire in the room that will connect it to the grid. Just an idea.

Hah yeah, I haven't yet decided where to build a nuclear reactor yet though. Personally I think I'll do it offsite and quite far away. First I'll probably build a central trainstation with the monorail suspended above the ground to leads me to all these other places like separate factories etc.. (including the nuclear facility).

The point of the map however was just a "basic" building to give people a good starting location. The frame elevator sorting/storage machine for example doesn't really give you an edge gameplay wise. It just saves you some time with designing and building it.

From there, it's up to everyone themselves to shape the world around the Horizon facility. Make it as you wish, do what you want. And as always... feel free to post pictures of it. :)

It's your world from here on.

Also, please keep this map updated! I think I'm in love with it!!!

Thank you! I will update 'bugs' and minor fixes when I'm aware of them.

You should add an underground bunker for a nuclear reactor, without one in it obviously for the sake of balance. But it should have all the wires ready so you just have to get one running and connect it to a wire in the room that will connect it to the grid. Just an idea. Also, please keep this map updated! I think I'm in love with it!!!

There already is an underground bunker in called the machine room. And anyways, nuclear reactors are useless if you ask me. You are constantly force to put uranium cells/coolant cells in it. Then your worrying about a nuke-powered explosion because you might not have Cooled-it properly. Same in real life as well. Since I don't have the money to do such things in real life. (I am only 15). I thought I'd at least start in Minecraft. I pulled the plug on the generator found in the workbenches pulled a glass fibre cable to the roof of the place. There I lined the roof with LV Solar Arrays and Batbox beneath them. In the machine room, I cut the wire to the generators and put a square of batboxes where the generators were, hooking them up to the main glass fibre cable in the ceiling. (Merged the cables together, to poke only two holes. On from the roof to the place where the former generators sat. The other main line in the ceiling of the machine room to the place where the former generators sat there. I am actually thinking about swapping to HV Solar panels and MFSUs to send more energy down the pipeline to the Mass Fabricators, Rotary Macerators, etc.

EDIT: Just did some research, if the only thing swapping the HV Solar pannels and MFSUs will help is the Mass Fabricator and Induction Furnce, I'm not doing it. I'm going to use the RM furnace soon with an MK3 Energy Collector once I stack up on the materials needed. As for the Mass Fabricator... I've never needed or used it. The Diving rod is much more useful and fun.

Right, so I've isolated the reason why i started lagging; whenever I enter the chunk JUUST, north of me(look at minimap) then I start lagging with an FPS of a mere 20'ish.

2012-08-13_144609.png

I get the same exact thing except my FPS Isn't nearly as good as yours mine is in the 30's or so...And when I enter that chunk I get about 1-5 FPS.

Actually now I'm getting terrible FPS everywhere, I don't know if its my computer or what..Help please :)

I get the same exact thing except my FPS Isn't nearly ass good as yours mine is in the 30's or so...And when I enter that chunk I get about 1-5 FPS.

As said before, the version of Optifine that comes with technic in all honesty, is trash. (No offense to anyone). In the link here, you find Optifine Smooth and Optifine Multicore. I recommend Multicore. It is what I use. Though if you run into problems with it, you could always try smooth. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...b1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ Where ever it says place into Minecraft.jar, you'll need to place into modpack.jar. (in other words everything in the archive needs to go to modpack.jar.)

This upgrade a hit/miss. The good news is you can always swap between, Multicore, Smooth and Standard (the one that comes with technic and works like absolute garbage, no offense to anyone).

I get the same exact thing except my FPS Isn't nearly as good as yours mine is in the 30's or so...And when I enter that chunk I get about 1-5 FPS.

Actually now I'm getting terrible FPS everywhere, I don't know if its my computer or what..Help please :)

Have you checked the Crystal chests on the frame elevator?

Try taking out their content, or replacing them with another normal chest. That solved all my fps issues instantly (going from 10 to 50+)

I think the two mods (Chests & Redpower frames) have some kind of incompatibility with each other. I've played for many hours now and never had the same issue again.

Try taking out their content, or replacing them with another normal chest. That solved all my fps issues instantly (going from 10 to 50+)

I think the two mods (Chests & Redpower frames) have some kind of incompatibility with each other. I've played for many hours now and never had the same issue again.

Actually, I've replaced all of them with black hole chests. Works Awesomely. :)

I checked all the chests and there is nothing in them I will try replacing them

After spending time gathering the initial resources and such, today I finally got started with some magic in my Thaumic/Thaumium/whatever center.

While building the interior of this place I initially wasn't yet sure about the eventual layout, but here's what I've come up with so far:

mmWEh.jpg

Underneath the Crucible is an Arcane Furnace with 4 bellows on the sides. As well as 2 bellows on the crucible itself. Switching the lever it will activate the furnace and supply it with coal (dispenser) as well. All of this greatly boosts the effectiveness of items you smelt resulting in more vis and less taint.

The Vis/Taint flow works like this:

QxCs2.jpg

The new Vis/Taint is separated before it enters the holding tanks (due to the yellow "Advanced Vis Valve"). Parallel to the tanks you see a conduit running upwards as well. This goes into the hollow space of each floor. To do this you'll need to do the following:

A pump directly under the storage tanks *and* one on the top floor. If you put another pump on the second floor however it won't go up beyond that so don't place one there. The pumping animation looks rather nicely and closes up the hole. The three Thaumcraft items I placed (Crystalizer, Infuser and Thaumic Restorer) are all supplied with Vis from underneath, running through the crawl space between the floor & ceiling.

It's the reason why I did this 3 block high separation everywhere throughout the Horizon facility, because it allows for much more options later on.

On the other side, outside of the pictures view, runs the taint conduit of course. Some items like the Dark Infuser require both Vis and Taint but with this setup it's very easy to do.

I liked the top floor the most and wanted to do most of my magic there. Figuring out how to set up a correct flow of liquids was a bit tricky though.

For anyone who wants to do it similar like I did, I hope the pictures help.

Anyone want to share his or her setup?

Hey I dont meanto keep bothering you but it actually wasnt the crystal chests because i replaced all of those with normal ones..it helped a tiny tiny bit im not getting like 5-10 FPS instead of 1-5..Ill try to figure it out, but if you could give anymore sugestions that would be great. Thanks!

Hey I dont meanto keep bothering you but it actually wasnt the crystal chests because i replaced all of those with normal ones..it helped a tiny tiny bit im not getting like 5-10 FPS instead of 1-5..Ill try to figure it out, but if you could give anymore sugestions that would be great. Thanks!

I don't know enough about your normal fps situation. Do you get it everywhere or only around the facility?

Ever had any similar problems on other maps?

For me personally I haven't run into any other problems whatsoever since I solved it with that crystal chest.

You could upload your savefile and I'll load it to see if it's different for me. I suspect the the problem is likely on your end though. Have you tried removing everything from Technic and reinstall the launcher? (Don't forget your backups)

I don't know enough about your normal fps situation. Do you get it everywhere or only around the facility?

Ever had any similar problems on other maps?

For me personally I haven't run into any other problems whatsoever since I solved it with that crystal chest.

You could upload your savefile and I'll load it to see if it's different for me. I suspect the the problem is likely on your end though. Have you tried removing everything from Technic and reinstall the launcher? (Don't forget your backups)

Its only certain chunks, mostly around the facility, and no not on any other maps... Ill try reinstalling the launcher now

EDIT: Sadly it didn't work..It probably is my computer because if i try playing my regular tekkit/technic world, I have to have the render distance on tiny and a lot of things off like clouds sun/stars etc. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium if you wanted to know..Thanks for trying to help though. It is probably one of the best maps I have ever seen made!

Just wanted to say thank you, this is one of the best maps I've seen like this. I do wish that the logic for the controls had been signed with just a bit more detail as to what is going on when, but i think i can figure out most of it with spending some time on the Wikipedia. The only other change that i would suggest to the map is in the sub basement having a dead end corridor for the start of a mine.

Its only certain chunks, mostly around the facility, and no not on any other maps... Ill try reinstalling the launcher now

EDIT: Sadly it didn't work..It probably is my computer because if i try playing my regular tekkit/technic world, I have to have the render distance on tiny and a lot of things off like clouds sun/stars etc. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium if you wanted to know..Thanks for trying to help though. It is probably one of the best maps I have ever seen made!

I do think all the wiring, machinery and abnormal amount of microblocks might cause a few frames per second to drop but it shouldn't suddenly make the game unplayable. If you want to test some more I suggest going into creative mode and destroying 'certain things' to see if it makes a difference. I suggest starting with all of the frame storage/sorting elevator. (It doesn't cause any problems for me though.)

Just wanted to say thank you, this is one of the best maps I've seen like this.

Thanks for the compliment Boesshawn!

After spending so much time building it, I'm currently having a blast actually playing the map myself. Quite a lot to figure out though because I've never done a full playthrough before. If I see any improvement designs on the Horizon facility to accommodate for more mod features I'll post an update.

I do wish that the logic for the controls had been signed with just a bit more detail as to what is going on when, but i think i can figure out most of it with spending some time on the Wikipedia.

Which controls are you referring to? Do you mean the logic gate circuitry?

If you have any specific questions regarding that, feel free to ask.

The only other change that i would suggest to the map is in the sub basement having a dead end corridor for the start of a mine.

Yeah I wasn't quite sure yet what to do below ground level.

"Minus 1" is meant to be for the logic circuitry and nothing more. I suggest if you want to have more space, or mine, you extend the elevator downwards and create a "Minus 2/3/4/.." all the way to bedrock.

If you do want to do all that, you'd probably need to copy the elevator design and have it assign it's own input color. Or you could use the existing elevator circuit but there are already 6 floors. Then you'll have to click 7 times to go to "minus 1", and 8 times for "minus 2", etc..

I'm not sure if I'll do that on my map though. I'd rather have my mines further away from the building. Connected with high speed monorails etc..

Couldn't agree more. I have several reasons for it, but the one major one is that I prefer to start a mine with a rather large explosion. I've found 4-5 TNTs is the best. And two, underneath your base means that any accidents that happen could mean you saying Good bye to the base

On another note, anyone have an idea as to why I am having trouble harvesting the lava from the volcano? I setup a line of geothermal generators on the roof of the processing room. Each one is connected by a glass fibre cable to the main power line. On the other side of it, I hooked up cobblestone waterproof pipes. On the line of water proof pipes, I hooked up about 7 waterproof teleport pipes. On the top of the volcano, I put an obsidian cover type thing on top of it. There I put the pump which I hooked up to the redstone engine on one side and a waterproof teleport + transport pipes on the other. After the setup, I powered on the redstone engine. No lava came out after 5 minutes of waiting.

EDIT: I forgot to mentioned I made sure there was a source block under the pump by personally adding one in.

one thing i just found out, if you are replacing the battery boxes for mfsu's do not hook them directly up unless you want to aquire several nice machine blocks if your lucky

Yes, Yes. You will need an MV Transformer hooked up to an LV Transformer which then can be hooked up to the machines. (An easier solution would be to acquire transformer upgrades). I personally lined the roof with LV Solar Arrays, which are hooked up to bat boxes, which are hooked into the main power supply. I got rid of the generators because I prefer clean energy.

One more thing to note, batboxes are IndustrialCraft, whereas battery boxes are redpower. I think they need blutricity.

To all you "pros" out there: PLEASE DO NOT INSULT boesshawn. (I am still convinced some of you will ignore this message)

Couldn't agree more. I have several reasons for it, but the one major one is that I prefer to start a mine with a rather large explosion. I've found 4-5 TNTs is the best. And two, underneath your base means that any accidents that happen could mean you saying Good bye to the base

Ah TNT mining... I should try that some time! I think I've got like 2-3 stacks of gunpowder now (mostly from underground chests).

For me the main reason I don't want to dig too much down is because of crystals. I don't want to destroy any in the chunks under the Horizon facility. I kept all the ones I found earlier intact and now can farm them with the Crystalline Bell.

I'm starting to create ores and place them on the inside walls of my thaumcraft basement. :)

On another note, anyone have an idea as to why I am having trouble harvesting the lava from the volcano?

I don't have much experience with geothermals or teleport pipes. I can tell you however that I added a bucket of lava on top of the volcano to make it appear more active.

I've started using some wind power as my first upgrade in power. Placed them on the roof of the 6th floor elevator which is about the highest you can go. The main benefit is that there is already a glass fiber cable running there so I didn't need many extra resources.

How do I use the .rar file???

Download Winrar

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Just a quick note Soltaro, don't use your crystalline bell too often, every collected crystal creates 5% taint charge, this could end badly...

Is there any totem of dawn in your lab? That should fix the problem.

One of the many reasons I have removed the TC2 Mod. I don't want to worry about taint/vis charges while playing around with the other mods. I cheated a goggles of revealing in while I still had the mod and saw that the average is 75/25 charge. And for the taint to go up 50% isn't that hard.

One of the many reasons I have removed the TC2 Mod. I don't want to worry about taint/vis charges while playing around with the other mods. I cheated a goggles of revealing in while I still had the mod and saw that the average is 75/25 charge. And for the taint to go up 50% isn't that hard.

Indeed, it's really easy to rise taint but really hard to remove them. That's why you should always start off in a biome with high vis. (forest, jungle, mushroom)

Taint can be created even more easily in the nether, due to its low vis points.