Project Horizon - A world map for Technic 7.2 (rec)

Soltaro

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was the 'bug' you were talking about earlier...!! For people who might want to know - click that button untill it is a "rubix cube"

Correct! :) Good picture to show.

In the mode it was on it tried to first get an item of every column before moving on, thus ignoring the other content of the chest. The fail-save device I implemented that resets the sorting system and dumps everything into the crystal "overflow" chest would still grab it though, so no biggie. But this mechanic hinges on people using the lever on *and* off whenever they enter and leave the room.

Oh and one more little thing I noticed; there are apparently two tin ores in the game and the one used at the Macerator machines is apparently the wrong one. Simply replace that one with one you've mined and problem solved.

Where is the EU/bluetricity coming from? any kind of secretive underground generation zone?

The two big roofs both have 25 Blutricity solar panels each. That should keep all the Redpower machines (including frame motors) filled up nicely.

The IndustrialCraft electricity however comes only from the Generators so far. Burning coal, wood and that sorta thing. Just like any normal game you'll have to progress to better forms of energy. And till you reach that point you'll probably want to mine all the coal you can find (and not use Mass Fabricators yet!)

Eventually you might want to build a nuclear facility offsite and connect a cable to "the grid" of the facility. Don't forget your transformers unless you like the sound of machines blowing up.

I deliberately didn't want to have too much progression right off the bat. Redpower's blutricity however I see more as a 'facilitating' kind of power that makes my 'real' power machines work nicely with the design I had in mind. Wouldn't want that frame elevator to the attic suddenly stop mid-way now would we? :)

Oh and one more little thing I noticed; there are apparently two tin ores in the game and the one used at the Macerator machines is apparently the wrong one. Simply replace that one with one you've mined and problem solved.

Yep! I allready fixed that ;)

It would seem that my sorting machine broke - ie. It won't switch between the different chest-categories, and whenever i want to shut the sorting machine down, I get struck by some tesla coil in the machine room :(

I miight have to start over... :P

*PRO TIP* Remember to replace the coal used in generators with charcoal, much more stable source of power since it is infinite! (duh)

I was also wondering where I could plug in some of my own solarpanels, is there a specific area that you yourself use?

Also, in the Processing Room, whats up with the trapdoors to the left of the entrance?? I figured they were like accesshatches?

So many questions! Please compute! ^^,

I absolutely LOVE this map. It is quite honestly the best Map I've ever seen uploaded. PERFECT for Beginners!

I wouldn't quite say that it is perfect for beginners; because it gives you so many tools to start off with, that it is simply overwhelming, seeing as I was confused when i tried it out, and I've been playing Tekkit / Technic for ages! I'de recommend newcommers to discover stuff themselves, before taking the easy-route ;)

It would seem that my sorting machine broke - ie. It won't switch between the different chest-categories, and whenever i want to shut the sorting machine down, I get struck by some tesla coil in the machine room :(

Did you explore some of the insides by perhaps breaking a wall block here and there?

Some wires are connected to certain blocks thus breaking it might disconnect a circuit.

If the frame doesn't move that means either:

- The in or output signal is stuck/disconnected. (I suspect you did something with the button input)

- Frame motors out of power (you can rule this one out)

- Or if you removed a cover of the frames without replacing it, it tries to basically move the whole world and thus doesn't move at all anymore.

- A fourth option would be that I made a mistake in the redstone logic gate setup somewhere and didn't make it fool proof. But that would mean I made a mistake and you're the fool that broke it so lets rule this one out as well.

Oh and that "Tesla coil" must be the Wireless jammer lol. It doesn't hurt you but jams all wireless signals in a certain radius. But basically it's more there for show. You shouldn't need it. Turn off the lever in the processing room and it will stop sorting automatically after a few minutes.

After activation It takes a few moments to start working though. Not sure why Eloraam designed it like that.

If you want to explore the crawl space and see the wiring; send the Attic frame elevator in the processing room upwards without you in it.

I miight have to start over... :P

Yeah, that never hurts. Or first satisfy your exploration needs by first going into creative mode and break apart the walls to see whats inside and such. Then start the real survival game.

I was also wondering where I could plug in some of my own solarpanels, is there a specific area that you yourself use?

I'd say the roof of the processing room is still the best place for that. Close to where most of the power is needed.

You'll have to nerdpole yourself up a little. You can probably break the red bricks and replace it with the (Industrial Craft I assume) solar panels so they don't stick out of the roof so much.

Personally I'm sticking with just fossil fuels for now. :P

Also, in the Processing Room, whats up with the trapdoors to the left of the entrance?? I figured they were like accesshatches?

Yeah, remnants of a pre-Attic frame elevator era. I left them in because in a drunken mood you could send the frame back down while you're up... and get stuck. (Though using a simple button and transmitter (frequency 80 or 81 I believe) would send it back up)

When i load the save not all of the buildings load, the building that is connected to the elevator is just floating

blocks of glowstone and wooden doors and the other buildings rooves are floating over the houses

any idea what i did wrong?

I am just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the download page?

(I can get to the page, but I can't find out how to download it @.@)

Why are you crapping this beautiful thread with such a offensive threadjacking? D:< Ehh Sorry about that.

The download is the enormous, green Blue and obvious "download Technic Launcher" button. It's definitely there, I have no idea how you could miss it (This sounds rude, now that I think about it).

Why are you crapping this beautiful thread with such a offensive threadjacking? D:<

The download is the enormous, green and obvious "download Technic Launcher" button. It's definitely there, I have no idea how you could miss it.

Your reading comprehension is slipping again. Though he's not specific, consider the possibility that he's not dumb, and he's talking about the map download.

When i load the save not all of the buildings load, the building that is connected to the elevator is just floating

blocks of glowstone and wooden doors and the other buildings rooves are floating over the houses

any idea what i did wrong?

Can you provide a picture perhaps?

If lots of blocks are missing I suspect these must be the microblocks that make up most of the Horizon facility.

Did you convert the world? Are you sure you're using the Technic 7.2.6 recommended version?

I absolutely LOVE this map. It is quite honestly the best Map I've ever seen uploaded. PERFECT for Beginners!

Thanks Julian, glad you enjoy it!

The idea was indeed to make it very accessible for new players starting a fresh world. Seeing as so many lost their world with the last update.

As Chrille27 said though, some of the features/technical systems can be a little difficult to figure out at first. Especially the sorting/storage frame elevator combination but Horizon just wouldn't be the same without it as it's my favorite contraption so far. :P

You can always use the chests and simply manually put things in there yourself the good ol' fashioned way.

If you're having questions regarding a specific setup, how it works and/or how to add another feature, feel free to ask.

In my world I've already upped the auto shutdown feature of the machines in the processing room from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. This is explained in the video already but there's plenty of other things you can tweak or add.

Sooo, the tesla coil in the basement? ;)

I figured it only turns on when i want the sorting system to shutdown, but it keeps zapping me down to 2 hearts.. And as such, is hard 'living with' *badum tsch*

Also! Any way to get in the storage room, without having to break 10 pieces of different cabeling?

WHYYYYY;

2012-08-12_111721.png

Sooo, the tesla coil in the basement? ;)

I figured it only turns on when i want the sorting system to shutdown, but it keeps zapping me down to 2 hearts..

Oh wow, the jammer does hurt! I didn't know about that lol. Creative mode testing ftw.

But yeah, as I've said before, it's basically just an emergency stop, you shouldn't ever have to use it anyway. I had to put *something* on the table didn't I! :)

Also! Any way to get in the storage room, without having to break 10 pieces of different cabeling?

Well, you can reach everything by going through the door at the back of the chest viewing area. If you want to for example edit the two sorting machine on the frame of the 4th floor (Misc items) then first press that button and then you can see it in the back without having to nerdpole up or destroy any blocks. If you want to see things with a bigger overview then press either the 1st floor or the 4th floor and go to the attic or basement respectively.

WHYYYYY;[pic]

lol, is that your pet dog? What are you feeding that thing? They grow up so fast don't they...

I haven't had any big spawns inside yet but I'm rather surprised how many torches are present and there's apparently still a chance of a mob spawn..

As long as it's not a creeper (and ogres disabled in the mod menu) it's no biggy. Going outside across the terrace at night can be scary though!

By the way, I'm not sure but perhaps some of the spawns have to do with the darkness in the crawl space below the floor? ie: mob tries to spawn in 1by1 area and pops up above the floor instead. I don't think that's the case but perhaps someone knows more about this.

I've had 2 creepers so far, but atleast I'm getting the hang of where they spawn! :P

Roof, check. Workbench area, check. Main entrance, double check.

Btw, in your sorting machine at the back of the chests and in the machine room, you have placed the 'wrong' type of copper and tin ore! Remember to replace those with ones you have mined!

Just a quick question, what are the voltages of the glass fibre cables, and What are the places I should go to modify all of the power input to LV Solar Arrays? (Industrial Craft)

Thing is, the solarpower that OP has set up, isn't IC2, it is Bluetricity, and wouldn't be compatible, but a good place to look for IC2 related stuff, is their own wiki; http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Glass_Fibre_Cable

Correct. All the wiring is the facility are glass fiber cables which can handle many different voltages but at the moment uses the lowest. If you connect a higher output to the grid the cables will handle that just fine but the processing machines won't, so add in a transformer before you do that.

The default power supply method is through the generators. In the processing room you can enter stacks of coal/wood/etc... into the chest and flip the lever which sends the burnable fuel to the generators below automatically.

Ps Chrille, you weren't kidding about that oil well close by. :)

On the top it looks pretty small but while having a stroll through the underground chasm I ended up in a massive oil reservoir underneath.

Okay, I've found and squashed some bugs in your sorting system! ;P

First, there is no glowstone dust or lapis in either the machine room, or the back of the sorting machine

2nd, there is no need to have sapphire ore, emerald ore and ruby ore, since they just drop the gems, and they're allready categorized :)

My solution was to simply replace the gem-ores with glowstone, and lapis, its a makeshift bugfix, rather that, than my 3 stacks of glowstonedust getting trapped in the infamous "Overflow chest" :D

Also, regarding the oilwell, its probrably one of the biggest you can find - not that I have explored the rest of the map yet, but the bigger the fountain the bigger the resevoir I believe, and that ravine the well goes through, might be considered surface, and from the bottom of the ravine to the actual surface - thats a big ass fountain.

Thing is, the solarpower that OP has set up, isn't IC2, it is Bluetricity, and wouldn't be compatible, but a good place to look for IC2 related stuff, is their own wiki; http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Glass_Fibre_Cable

Ya know, if you'd read my post you see that I mentioned LV (Low Voltage Solar Arrays). In other words I would add my own.

Correct. All the wiring is the facility are glass fiber cables which can handle many different voltages but at the moment uses the lowest. If you connect a higher output to the grid the cables will handle that just fine but the processing machines won't, so add in a transformer before you do that.

The default power supply method is through the generators. In the processing room you can enter stacks of coal/wood/etc... into the chest and flip the lever which sends the burnable fuel to the generators below automatically.

Ps Chrille, you weren't kidding about that oil well close by. :)

On the top it looks pretty small but while having a stroll through the underground chasm I ended up in a massive oil reservoir underneath.

Is the machine room where all the power IC2-wise is coming from? Or is there another place?

Ya know, if you'd read my post you see that I mentioned LV (Low Voltage Solar Arrays). In other words I would add my own.

Is the machine room where all the power IC2-wise is coming from? Or is there another place?

I did read your post and tried to respond in a friendly way, sorry man.

And yes, the machine room hold all the things you see in the processing room, generators, batboxes, ect.

I did read your post and tried to respond in a friendly way, sorry man.

And yes, the machine room hold all the things you see in the processing room, generators, batboxes, ect.

Its fine, but I've noticed there are luminators around the building, are those being powered by the machine room as well?

First, there is no glowstone dust or lapis in either the machine room, or the back of the sorting machine

2nd, there is no need to have sapphire ore, emerald ore and ruby ore, since they just drop the gems, and they're allready categorized :)

Yeah indeed, I'm sure there are more ways to optimize the items.

For example; each frame level has two sorting machines that can operate at the same time. So putting all your building blocks in 1, and rare items in the other isn't as efficient time wise. If you often sort many many stacks of cobble and dirt, it's best to place those separately in the two sorting machines so they can be send at the same time each redstone tick.

Very minor improvements but good to think about nonetheless... :P

Is the machine room where all the power IC2-wise is coming from?

Yes, all IC power comes from the generators in the machine room.

All the Blutricity comes from 2x25 solar panels on the 2 big roofs.

The former you'll want to upgrade at some point. The latter (Redpower machines) shouldn't ever need more juice.

Its fine, but I've noticed there are luminators around the building, are those being powered by the machine room as well?

Those are Redpower lamps which only require a redstone signal. (Lever placed on top) No power needed to run those.

Yeah indeed, I'm sure there are more ways to optimize the items.

For example; each frame level has two sorting machines that can operate at the same time. So putting all your building blocks in 1, and rare items in the other isn't as efficient time wise. If you often sort many many stacks of cobble and dirt, it's best to place those separately in the two sorting machines so they can be send at the same time each redstone tick.

Very minor improvements but good to think about nonetheless... :P

Yes, all IC power comes from the generators in the machine room.

All the Blutricity comes from 2x25 solar panels on the 2 big roofs.

The former you'll want to upgrade at some point. The latter (Redpower machines) shouldn't ever need more juice.

Those are Redpower lamps which only require a redstone signal. (Lever placed on top) No power needed to run those.

Thanks! I'm upgrading them all to LV Solar Arrays at the moment :) I'm the kinda guy that likes to go green in every single place possible. (That includes games)