Project Horizon - A world map for Technic 7.2 (rec)

Soltaro

The floor blocks used in the two basements and thaumcraft center are Construction Foam. It takes light/time to harden into concrete and then you can paint them with colors. Allows for some pretty interesting floor designs I'd say.

http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Construction_Foam

I suggest not breaking them as they'll take some time to replace (with the appropriate colors as well) :P

As for the minecarts, I never had an issue of them disappearing so can't help you there. If anyone else gets the same problem I'd like to hear about it. Till then I'll just pretend it was one of those sneaky Enderman thieves. ;)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add one more thing though, perhaps you should consider switching all the chests to crystal one as there the ones with the most storage. (Different colors also mean different storage capacity)

EDIT: To keep out mobs, I've swapped all the torches in this map for interdiction torches.

Yeah if the players want to upgrade the chests that's possible. I did one of each color on purpose and probably won't be upgrading them myself. It depends a little on how you organize things and which category needs the most space.

I'm curious by the way, does anyone have any lag/fps issues or does everything run fine?

Yeah if the players want to upgrade the chests that's possible. I did one of each color on purpose and probably won't be upgrading them myself. It depends a little on how you organize things and which category needs the most space.

I'm curious by the way, does anyone have any lag/fps issues or does everything run fine?

Not Me.

Why are you crapping this beautiful thread with such a offensive threadjacking? D:< Ehh Sorry about that.

The download is the enormous, green Blue and obvious "download Technic Launcher" button. It's definitely there, I have no idea how you could miss it (This sounds rude, now that I think about it).

That's what I assumed...

I click it and nothing happens. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem.

I put pipes in the sorting machines and can't find them in any of chests, where would they be?

EDIT: I found them piping out into the overflow chest after I shut off the sorting machine.

EDIT 2: Ok, now I've learned that the sorting machines are only useful for mined materials, not crafted ones. Its not OP's fault, its the fact, there are too many to be all sorted.

yes, YES YESSSS!!

I have some problems whenever i get too close to the processing room :(

To "fix" it i set my render distance to "Tiny" it only lags whenever I'm in the vicinity of the Processing Room..

Also, to the guy above me, what the fuck.. Youre running this map in Technic pack, right?

yes, YES YESSSS!!

I have some problems whenever i get too close to the processing room :(

To "fix" it i set my render distance to "Tiny" it only lags whenever I'm in the vicinity of the Processing Room..

Crap, same here. Ok, it's bug hunting time to find the culprit. :)

I suspect it has something to do with either the extremely long wiring, IC power or Redpower cables.

If you can do some tests as well and post the results here (or give me idea's on other possible reasons) that would be helpful.

Data:

- I never ever had any problems whatsoever during hours and hours in Creative mode.

- For me the lag seems located around the Processing building (OR the logic gate bunker below it). The radius extends to the lobby as well though.

- Outside of it I get 60-90 FPS (90 when pressing escape) but only ~15 with the 'bug'.

- During the first hours of playing there was no issue at all. When I load a new game the fps drop is gone.

- I do notice however a decent drop when I activate the Processing machines with the levers. Though I didn't notice this enough before the actual 'lag' kicks in. Not sure if this is considered normal though.

Especially that second-last one is strange to me. The wiring doesn't change during the time you start and play for a couple hours. During that time however I *do* activate the generators to keep the IC machines powered. Perhaps (and I'm guessing in the dark here) it has something to do with the energy packets traveling all the way through the entire facility, bouncing back and forth, and back and forth, thus causing more stress on the system...

Will do some tests on that.

I did design the energy network on purpose not to loop around itself though. :/

And does anyone know whether the Redpower insulated cables send the signal 1 by 1 or act more as a teleport network where only the start and end matter? There doesn't seem to be any delay in activating the signal over long distances so I was assuming the latter.

Quick question, where would you find the huge mine, you said was near the vicinity of the facility?

It's right next to the tree you start on. A large network of tunnels, complete with marble mines, underground chasms with several waterfalls as well. And of course, loads of resources. You don't have to dig down yourself for a long time, which is good because exploring a tunnel is much more fun. :)

If you don't cross the river there are some extra openings leading towards it while going towards the Horizon facility.

The floor blocks used in the two basements and thaumcraft center are Construction Foam. It takes light/time to harden into concrete and then you can paint them with colors. Allows for some pretty interesting floor designs I'd say.

You can use sand on it to instand harden it.

And that looks awesome, didnt have time to fully explore it though.

Crap, same here. Ok, it's bug hunting time to find the culprit. :)

I suspect it has something to do with either the extremely long wiring, IC power or Redpower cables.

If you can do some tests as well and post the results here (or give me idea's on other possible reasons) that would be helpful.

Data:

- I never ever had any problems whatsoever during hours and hours in Creative mode.

- For me the lag seems located around the Processing building (OR the logic gate bunker below it). The radius extends to the lobby as well though.

- Outside of it I get 60-90 FPS (90 when pressing escape) but only ~15 with the 'bug'.

- During the first hours of playing there was no issue at all. When I load a new game the fps drop is gone.

- I do notice however a decent drop when I activate the Processing machines with the levers. Though I didn't notice this enough before the actual 'lag' kicks in. Not sure if this is considered normal though.

Especially that second-last one is strange to me. The wiring doesn't change during the time you start and play for a couple hours. During that time however I *do* activate the generators to keep the IC machines powered. Perhaps (and I'm guessing in the dark here) it has something to do with the energy packets traveling all the way through the entire facility, bouncing back and forth, and back and forth, thus causing more stress on the system...

Will do some tests on that.

I did design the energy network on purpose not to loop around itself though. :/

And does anyone know whether the Redpower insulated cables send the signal 1 by 1 or act more as a teleport network where only the start and end matter? There doesn't seem to be any delay in activating the signal over long distances so I was assuming the latter.

I don't have any lag except for the first few minutes of the game. Based on what you said, there are two possibilities, the mobs (which actively hunt you ONLY on survival) or the generators. I've swapped the generators for two lines of solar panels on the roof and swapped all the torches for interdiction torches. (They keep out mobs)

I don't have any lag except for the first few minutes of the game. Based on what you said, there are two possibilities, the mobs (which actively hunt you ONLY on survival) or the generators. I've swapped the generators for two lines of solar panels on the roof and swapped all the torches for interdiction torches. (They keep out mobs)

Thanks for the feedback. Please report once you do get any lag.

I did compare the screens when you press F3 with both the lag and non-lag situation but nothing big changed compared to the other. I especially checked the E values (Entities, mobs etc..) because I was suspecting the same thing as you. :)

But based on that value I think we can rule it out.

oh sorry, i was putting the save in the tekkit saves folder insted of technic saves folder its seems to work now.

Its an amazing map, love the processing room :D

Great! Hee hee, i thought it might be that :)

Seeing as, i couldn't detect any Mo' creatures! ^^,

Thanks for the feedback. Please report once you do get any lag.

I did compare the screens when you press F3 with both the lag and non-lag situation but nothing big changed compared to the other. I especially checked the E values (Entities, mobs etc..) because I was suspecting the same thing as you. :)

But based on that value I think we can rule it out.

KK. Though I will add that the last reason I might have no lag is because I upgraded Optifine to the Multi-core Version. Though I do have about 78 mods around. (Thats the reason I install Optifine Multi-Core in the first place)

And quick question, what are the colorful wires for? (The one next to the glass fibre cable and bluelectric one in the roof of the house

KK. Though I will add that the last reason I might have no lag is because I upgraded Optifine to the Multi-core Version. Though I do have about 78 mods around. (Thats the reason I install Optifine Multi-Core in the first place)

And quick question, what are the colorful wires for? (The one next to the glass fibre cable and bluelectric one in the roof of the house

Isn't that an upgrade that comes with technic? I haven't tried that one :o

Link gimme gimme gimme!

Isn't that an upgrade that comes with technic? I haven't tried that one :o

Link gimme gimme gimme!

Optifine? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-131-optifine-hd-b1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ Where ever it says place into Minecraft.jar, you'll need to place into modpack.jar. (in other words everything in the archive needs to go to modpack.jar.)

This upgrade a hit/miss. The good news is you can always swap between, Multicore, Smooth and Standard (the one that comes with technic).

Optifine? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-131-optifine-hd-b1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/ Where ever it says place into Minecraft.jar, you'll need to place into modpack.jar. (in other words everything in the archive needs to go to modpack.jar.)

This upgrade a hit/miss. The good news is you can always swap between, Multicore, Smooth and Standard (the one that comes with technic).

Well, I knew Optifine was allready a part of Technic, I just thought they would've put in the one everyone would be using! :P But thanks, I'll give this a go for sure

This boosted my fps to 100+ when in stable areas, and 65 in busy areas. Nice!

Ok, I finally had some time to do some testing today.

To my very pleasant surprise it only took 15 minutes but I think I've found the culprit. It isn't something I could have ever guessed....

Turns out, a single ruby in a crystal chest causes all of the lag all by itself...

I have no idea why it is like that but for some reason it doesn't apply to the similar sapphires and emeralds from the Redpower mod.

It does explain however why some people had the lag and others didn't. The problem is that the Gems chest IS a crystal one. I guess swapping it with a diamond chest fix everything instantly, or change the categories in the sorting machines to make one of the other 5 chests into the "Gems" chest.

Weird bug I've seen in a long long time... I hope this was the only reason for the lag.

I would others to confirm this if possible. If you had the lag, take out the ruby, and if you didn't please put one in and report the results.

Thank you.

Edit:

When I place a ruby in a freshly downloaded world I don't get the instant lag yet. In the save where I did have the lag however, placing the ruby in and out instantly caused and solved the problem. Chrille, what about you?

Edit2:

Ok, after I switched my gems and metals chests, it turns out it's not just rubies but I suspect any item in crystal chests that can cause lag. For some reason it doesn't happen all the time, when I logged off yesterday everything was fine, then I login back today and it lags just as before.

The issue is definitely the crystal chest though. Whenever I move out a single item it turns back to normal fps.

I guess it must have something to do with some sort of conflict with them moving on a frame. Either way, easy solution: replace the chest.

Why should he move the save?

I am not asking him to move, i am asking him if he can upload to another location. That website is giving me the a old upload.

I have another idea, can you give me the md5 checksum of the rar, so i can confirm that i am getting the right one ?