[3.1.2] The Big Trio Tekkit [PvP] [30 Slots] [Open] [Factions] [EE Mostly Enabled] [No Lag]

iwantmyfile5

I had this problem the other day with my private tekkit server. Corrupted server.properties and it wouldn't generate a new one but my CP would allow me to upload a new server.properties....

Hopefully this gets fixed soon rather than later....

I have a fair bit of experience with Beastnode as my friend runs a dedicated server with them. I wish I could have access to his server CP so I could see if I can work out something to fix this issue.

And file I may be able to donate $20 today. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah, also, I'm going to be adding forcefields and maybe some other stuffs to the donations rewards, you'll get those too.

Also, knowing beastnode, they'll probably fix the problem for me, so I'd expect a maximun downtime of 8 Hours. Keep in mind thats a bare maximun, and thats based off of my other medium priority support ticket, this was listed as high, so I'd expect it sooner than 8 Hours.

Server is now fixed and up again.

Edit: Possibility of white alch bags being corrupted. Mine is empty and I had stuff in it before the problems we've had, I need someone to confirm this for me. However, my red bag was fine, I'll check the other bags as well.

Edit2: World corrupted, map is being reset but the FTP client is very slow right now.

IGN: cleo641

Why do you want to be a moderator? I would like to be a Moderator because I believe I can help the server and I've only seen one on before. Also, whenever I'm on, a staff member usually isn't. I play during spare time I have.

How would you moderate the server? I would make sure no one is duping or breaking the rules, and I can spot this easily.

What is your experience as a moderator? I've been an Admin on a server that has run for a few months last year, and I know many commands with many plugins. I was a recent moderator on a tekkit server in the past month. I also have a lot of experience with tekkit.

What Timezone are you in? Eastern Standard Time

iWantmyfile5: Server is full D:

Moderator Application:

IGN:Kn0x0i0uZ

Why do you want to be a moderator? I have been moderator on multiple servers before.(all have been shut down due to ill funds) I enjoy doing it also I like helping people and being a part of a system and make a system work better.

How would you moderate the server? Fairly of course, also i will always enforce rules as well as watch chat and conversations closely to keep an eye out for trouble makers.

What is your experience as a moderator? Some, I have moderated 2 vanilla servers and 1 tekkit server.

What Timezone are you in? North American Eastern Time Zone

Moderator Application:

IGN:Kn0x0i0uZ

Why do you want to be a moderator? I have been moderator on multiple servers before.(all have been shut down due to ill funds) I enjoy doing it also I like helping people and being a part of a system and make a system work better.

How would you moderate the server? Fairly of course, also i will always enforce rules as well as watch chat and conversations closely to keep an eye out for trouble makers.

What is your experience as a moderator? Some, I have moderated 2 vanilla servers and 1 tekkit server.

What Timezone are you in? North American Eastern Time Zone

Moderator Application:

IGN: Xarove

Why do you want to be a moderator? I would like to be a moderator so I can safeguard this server and make sure people do not disobey the laws. I want to make sure that people that are on the server for the sole purpose of crashing it are banned before any damage is done. I want to make sure the server survives and thrives, making it a fun Tekkit community for everyone. I find very few Tekkit servers that pique my interest, but this one definitely did it, primarily due to the very few banned items. I feel banning loads o items detracts from the Tekkit experience, and you all did a great job only banning a few items.

I also appreciate the very lax rules. I won't lie, I'm a raider at heart. I love finding someone's base with a catalyst, ripping through the walls and looting the chests. I just love the feeling of PvPing and taking stuff. Even if I have full red matter, it's still just the thrill of the fight to find someone and kill them. As this is a PvP server, I feel right at home.

Lastly, I love the server itself. I've seen this server up for about a month, so obviously it is more stable than those "live three days, down for twenty seven" servers. Also, during my stay, I have noticed that there is zero lag whatsoever. Another thing I noticed is it was capped at 20/20 for a long time, and I couldn't log in. I took this as an indicator that the server was very popular, and it may need some more moderation.

How would you moderate the server? For the most part, I would just act like a normal player. I would go mine, go make my house, et cetera. I would only activate moderator mode if I was being suspicious of a player or heard a conflict arising. If I was allowed, I would constantly have faction spy and social spy on, to overhear any conversations (You don't even know how often people whisper to each other "i hav xray do u?".) If I were suspicious of someone, I would turn on vanish and TP to them. I would just stalk them for a little bit and see if they are doing anything wrong. For example, making a machine to constantly spew out items all over the floor would warrant a warning, or using a machine I won't explain to crash the server would warrant referral to a higher up. If I heard a conflict arising, I would not care about any claims of griefing, but I would hand out mutes if the parties were being excessively disruptive. I understand that this is a griefing server, and I will NOT ban for griefing, only pointless grief, as is stated as a bannable offense.

Additionally, I would be more than just the bad guy running around banning people. I would answer questions people have about Tekkit (I know nearly every mod and how they function.) I would also inspect people's machines, and tell them how they could make it more server friendly or efficient, for example using obsidian pipes to clean up spilling items. I am decent with factions as well, and know many of the inner working of it. Long story short, I would just play like a normal player, help people out, hang mutes out, and use the banhammer in extreme circumstances.

What is your experience as a moderator? I have a little bit of experience as a moderator. I used to moderate on a server called Industrial Warfare, but sadly it died out on the first day. Not due to my moderation skills, of course (

:P), just due to people crashing the server and our plugins not working properly (everyone had access to any command...oh god why...) That was a few weeks ago. A few months ago, I was an admin on a roleplay-Towny server called Norvia Dok. It lasted a good two months, and I was admin for about a month. One day I just took a break from Minecraft, came back a week later and the server was gone, sadness.

I own my own six slot Tekkit server, so I know how the servers tick, I just can't do it on a large scale (I know how fickle people can be.) Lastly, I was a helper on a Tekkit server a few days ago. I lost interest and began looking for a new server.

What Timezone are you in? I am in the UTC-8 time zone. Basically, West Coast + Canada. It is 12:48 PM for me as of writing this message.

Please ignore what's below until further notice. Teleport tethers have been removed from the donations list as of now, until I can get rid of their EMC value.

Donating $1 only provides 66 cents for the server, so it really isn't worth rewarding because 1/3 of the donation is taken as a fee from paypal. That's why we made $5 the minimun for the rewards listed, although, at this point, I'm not going to deny a donation, so if you donate it, I'll give you a teleport tether. Just one though.

UTFM MODERATOR APPLICATION

IGN- UTFM

Why?- I would like to help people grow accustomed to Tekkit and help this server to grow into a community.

How?- I would moderate the server fairly, help new people, not abuse power, ban rule breakers and mute spammers.

Experience- I have been a Moderator on 2 servers all of which were reasonably popular but not well known.

Time Zone- UCT+10:00 Brisbane.

Server.properties is corrupted again. Expect some downtime.

This was at 11:24 A.M. Any idea when the server will be back up?

Also: I have pictures proving some people were duplicating using the same bug where you log in and out. If you would like to see them just ask.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons