Hellen kelere'd AGAIN

msknight

OK - whomever posted that I'd been warned on this post - http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/server-start-problem.20422/ - there's nothing in my in box about this.

Can the forum owner take a look at the admin that did this please and then PM me?

I'm so hacked off now that people can forget any future donations from me. I'm now hacked off and going back to vanilla.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're upset that you were warned for posting bugs outside the bug section?

How strange.

You know, actually, looking at your warn history, this is the second time you've been warned for posting bugs outside the bug section. Maybe you should've stopped after the first?

And how, exactly, am I to know that this is a bug?

Well, now you can also ban me from the boards for profanity, because you can all go screw yourself. Tollerance on this board is so short and insults so free flowing that I've been insulted here for the last time.

I'm not giving any more money to the mods and that's me finished with this boards petty bull shit.

You three year olds can keep your childish behaviour and just be careful not to trip over the ribbon from your dummies when you're crawling around on the forum floor, hitting people with your little plastic toy hammers.

Usually when software that normally works for most people fails to run and gives errors that indicates either a bug or user error.

So unless you think that the error is your fault it should be in the bug board.

Wah wah I got warned for doing something wrong fuck you guys

Outside of PMs (which obviously I can't see) I don't see any insults but the ones you're throwing out.

You know, this is the second time you've stated that you're leaving and never coming back. I wonder if you'll return a second time?

Being labelled "Hellen Keller" is defamation of character. That's actionable for a start.

Second, my "hellen keller" status was lifted. Say what you like, but a cynic would note that it was shortly after an announcement that I'd donated money to the mods.

Third, I've got my areas of expertese. Java isn't one of them. I have a job to keep down, a house to maintain ... in short, I have a life away from the keyboard. I also run other servers like L2J. I don't have the time to know the current status of bugs in this system .... so when I update the server and get errors, I post there first because odds are that I missed some writings and did something wrong.

... and for that, I get defamed.

Let's face it, I was called Hellen Keller simply for signing my post!

Being realistic, people end up on so many forums that it's impossible to remember all the rules that each of them employ. People also have off days, we're human. Life is busy and full of trouble.

Sticking such a label on people is childish and hurtful beyond belief. And the fact that you seem to think that it's somehow valid to insult people, by landing them with such a moniker, says a lot about the lack of maturity of the people who administer this board.

Your level of disrespect for others, and yourself, by even inserting "wah wah" in my quote ... (in fact, you didn't even quote me at all, you just took the opportunity for another insult.) man, you kids must still be rug rats.

Being labelled "Hellen Keller" is defamation of character. That's actionable for a start.

The Hellen Keller title/Stupid Newbie avatar is a standard thing in the forum's system, and anyone who has more than 3 warning points gets it.

Second, my "hellen keller" status was lifted. Say what you like, but a cynic would note that it was shortly after an announcement that I'd donated money to the mods.

It's always a possibility that those two events aren't related and simply occurred around the same time.

(Just so you know donating to the mods is not the same as donating to anyone who maintains the forums. The technic team doesn't accept donations.)

Third, I've got my areas of expertese. Java isn't one of them. I have a job to keep down, a house to maintain ... in short, I have a life away from the keyboard. I also run other servers like L2J. I don't have the time to know the current status of bugs in this system .... so when I update the server and get errors, I post there first because odds are that I missed some writings and did something wrong.

There are a lot of people who aren't java coders, who have jobs, etc, and can still identify bugs fine.

... and for that, I get defamed.

Please refer to my above statement about you not being defamed.

Now, to go onto the second post.

Let's face it, I was called Hellen Keller simply for signing my post!

As were other people. It's not some special title reserved for you and you alone.

Being realistic, people end up on so many forums that it's impossible to remember all the rules that each of them employ. People also have off days, we're human. Life is busy and full of trouble.

Being realistic, there's no reason to sign your post. At all. Your name is right there. I can see it in my peripheral vision when I'm reading your post. If I somehow forget who was writing the post I can just... you know... scroll up to check.

Sticking such a label on people is childish and hurtful beyond belief. And the fact that you seem to think that it's somehow valid to insult people, by landing them with such a moniker, says a lot about the lack of maturity of the people who administer this board.

Not really.

Your level of disrespect for others, and yourself, by even inserting "wah wah" in my quote ... (in fact, you didn't even quote me at all, you just took the opportunity for another insult.) man, you kids must still be rug rats.

I shortened it by summarizing it. Leaving the whole quote there would be a waste of space, since unlike what I'm doing in this post I was replying to that one as a whole.

As far as my levels of respect goes, I give my respect to people who have earned it. Personally I think respect should be earned, not given out. But maybe you and I have different definitions of respect.

Labelling me hellen keller is defamation. I have been defamed. You're saying that I haven't, doesn't make it less so.

Signing my post must have taken me straight from 0 to 3 warning points, without me actually being warned on those three times. So, what is the good of a warning system if people aren't actually warned of things? Go on ... pull out the three warnings I received before I was hellen kellered for the first time.

No, you didn't shorten my quote, you insulted me.

If respect is earned, then you have earned no respect from me. It is a two way street. It also includes tolerance, because people are, after all, human.

And also, being realistic, there's no reason to demand that people don't sign their posts. I do it every day in letters and e-mails. Why should you expect people to be different here, and in fact, punish them for being so?

Labelling me hellen keller is defamation. I have been defamed. You're saying that I haven't, doesn't make it less so.

Definition of Defemation of Character, which is what you're talking about here:

Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

The purpose of being labelled Helen Keller is to inform you, and everyone else, that somehow you managed to infract some rules. It's up to you to overcome your own shortcomings and obstacles to make yourself a better and more productive person on these forums, similar to Helen Keller and her life struggles. Why do you think they chose that particular name? This does not harm your reputation or respect because you don't have either here. You are bringing everything else on upon yourself by making the name "Helen Keller" a negative when in fact it is supposed to be a positive.

In regard to the "Stupid Newbie" word, well, you're new and stupid because you didn't follow the rules, even a simple one that you've admitted to. Case and point, you broke a couple rules. Two notable ones is that you signed your post, and now you're being a bag of dicks.

If respect is earned, then you have earned no respect from me. It is a two way street. It also includes tolerance, because people are, after all, human.

Welcome to our pond. You are not a big fish. You are a small fish that can be eaten. They don't need your respect, you bring nothing to the table and if you were banned no one would remember you or care. If you died, no one would remember you or care on these forums unless someone came here and said, "Hey remember that guy who said you defamed him, then he got banned for being a bag of dicks and signed his post? He died!" But even then they'd have to actually do some searching to figure you out from the number of other dickbags that come here and puff up their chest.

Guess what, no one cares. You're doing all this chest pounding and literal masturbating for nothing. Shut the fuck up and go cry in a corner because, again, no one cares. If you want to be here, then deal with the fact you fucked up, shut your mouth, deal with it, and enjoy the forum.

Also this should be in Cafe Lame or more likely the Whale Box, not General Tekkit. Thanks for shitting up the forums too.

Yes - because e-mail addresses, like forum handles, don't always match up. eg. [email protected]

In order to have a successful action for defamation the victim would need to show that:

* The statement itself was defamatory. This means that the statement would be likely to lower the person concerned in the estimation of what a Court would call "right thinking people". A mere insult is insufficient.

* That these statements had been communicated to a third person. If someone had simply insulted someone to their face this would not entitle them to sue.

* That it would be possible to identify the individual from the statements.

All three have been achieved here. I have been defamed. That is the definition as held by my solicitor - http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/ltext/defamation.htm - how you can define calling someone Hellen Keller a positive is a wonder that isn't immediately apparent to those who haven't shared your thoughts on the subject.

As for the statement that no one cares, well, the modders might care because this is one less donator. And the owner of the domain might start to have a care, because I'll be talking with my solicitor Monday.

That is the whole point of signing something. You provide additional information about yourself. Just signing your post here with your forum name that is already visible next to your post , is redundant and therefore plain silly.

Just so you know, the technicpack creators are not the modders. So I'm pretty sure that you never donated to them, otherwise you would have known this. There is no donation page for the Technicpack creators as far as I know.

Yes - because e-mail addresses, like forum handles, don't always match up. eg. [email protected]

In cases such as that, signing your e-mail does make sense. However, in a forum context where the name you sign is right next to your post there is no reason to.

As for the statement that no one cares, well, the modders might care because this is one less donator.

As far as I know none of the modders are staff on these forums.

And I'm sure there's enough people donating already that losing one really doesn't matter.

And the owner of the domain might start to have a care, because I'll be talking with my solicitor Monday.

Are you seriously threatening us with a lawsuit?

:ughh:

In order to have a successful action for defamation the victim would need to show that:

* The statement itself was defamatory. This means that the statement would be likely to lower the person concerned in the estimation of what a Court would call "right thinking people". A mere insult is insufficient.

* That these statements had been communicated to a third person. If someone had simply insulted someone to their face this would not entitle them to sue.

* That it would be possible to identify the individual from the statements.

All three have been achieved here. I have been defamed. That is the definition as held by my solicitor - http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/ltext/defamation.htm - how you can define calling someone Hellen Keller a positive is a wonder that isn't immediately apparent to those who haven't shared your thoughts on the subject.

As for the statement that no one cares, well, the modders might care because this is one less donator. And the owner of the domain might start to have a care, because I'll be talking with my solicitor Monday.

You are a moron. Listen chucklenuts, you can play lawyer all you want but the reality is no -smart- lawyer is going to touch anything based on the internet. So waste his time all you want, I'm sure he's gonna love your buttercheeks for it. So delicious!

Let me tell you how this is going to go down with your solicitor, lawyer, or hillbilly cousin who just got his license to fish and practice law in the great land of bad teeth and perpetual overcast:

Your lawyer will ask you this question:

"Did you willingly and knowingly continue to participate on the website that uses this title?"

You will answer, yes.

"Have you been granted this title before?"

You will answer, yes.

"Did they remove it when asked?"

You will answer, yes.

"Did you continue to use this forum, with the knowledge that this title could be bestowed to you again?"

You will answer, yes.

"You have no case because you had knowledge."

"Did you read any rules of the forum and infract any of these rules, knowing you would recieve this title?"

You will answer, yes.

"When you signed up for use of these forums, did you accept to any terms of service?"

You will answer, yes.

He will ask to see these terms of service, probably because you will have them printed out, like a dickbag, wasting more of this time.

You see where I'm going here. You have no case, no argument, and barely a leg to stand on. The fact is, if you have knowledge and you continue to come here, continue to post, and continue to just... be a dick, then turn around and try to pursue legal action, you're going to be in for one sad surprise.

Quit while you're ahead, stop pretending to know things, and, again, just accept that you're wrong in every way possible, suck it up, and stop.

Also, before you start arguing about that you -didn't- know any of this, you need to stop posting. You had an entire forum of evidence that rulebreakers would be 'kellered' so you can't claim ignorance, no matter how deeply ignorant you are, as a reason for not knowing.

As for the statement that no one cares, well, the modders might care because this is one less donator.

Even more proof you're being a bag of dicks. Tekkit itself is comprised of many mods. These mod authors don't know you. The money you're claiming not to donate isn't even touching this website, it's employees or owners. It goes to the people who code something you clearly enjoy playing. So, again, enjoy being a bag of dicks. You've -definitely- achieved breaking that rule many, many times.

And what, exactly, came from your side of the street in terms of respect? Where are those warning notices? None coming. Looks like someone was over handy with your own rules and kellered me without giving me the three strikes and warnings.

By the way, Beer, when I asked for the keller to be removed, it wasn't. And that's just the only thing in your post that stood out to me; once I read that, I knew the rest of your post was not worth reading.

You must've missed my post. It's not a three strike system. Yes, there's three points but that doesn't make it a three strike system. Where did you get that idea?

Also, stop double posting or I might have to give you another warning- and you don't want to be sent to kitty jail... do you?

No, we don't. Again, I don't know where you're getting these ideas. As I stated before, you have 4 warning points because you received 2 warnings, each worth 2 points. Different warnable offenses have different amounts of warning points issued to them.

By the way, Beer, when I asked for the keller to be removed, it wasn't. And that's just the only thing in your post that stood out to me; once I read that, I knew the rest of your post was not worth reading.

Really?

Second, my "hellen keller" status was lifted...

Care you revise your statement?

Kitty Jail doesn't get a warning. At no point do you get a message that you were warned. It doesn't work like that. Stop assuming things.

And double posting isn't in the rules because that's pretty much a universal rule. Why do you think the edit button exists?

My keller status was lifted by a decision from one of the mods after I traded insults with someone in another thread.

Ah. Rules that aren't written down even. This isn't looking good for the reputations of some moderators.

So ... you commit a transgression, you earn a number of points, you're not told that you've transgressed; you just get hit with being defamed out of the blue.

Way to moderate a board and earn respect!

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons